PDA

View Full Version : Tortoise Breeders?

Olin
01-Dec-09, 17:04
Does anyone know if there are any local tortoise breeders?

I am quite interested in getting one!

Ash
01-Dec-09, 17:54
me2

so look forward til the comments

nancypotter45
01-Dec-09, 19:16
Hi I got a 1 year old Hermanns in August and the whole family just love him, I got him down south but Bruce posted on here a few days ago that he has some eggs awaiting to hatch, not sure if he is selling them but you could get in touch.

Bruce
01-Dec-09, 22:09
wouldnt say i was a breeder,i have hermanns eggs dew to hatch next week.if they do hatch they wont be for sale as they will be the first to hatch.i should have more eggs in the spring.the nearist breeder i know to us is just outside perth.hes really good

nancypotter45
01-Dec-09, 23:55
wouldnt say i was a breeder,i have hermanns eggs dew to hatch next week.if they do hatch they wont be for sale as they will be the first to hatch.i should have more eggs in the spring.the nearist breeder i know to us is just outside perth.hes really good

Good luck with the eggs Bruce. How many have you got?
Will have to let us know when they hatch.

Bruce
02-Dec-09, 19:04
hi only have the two eggs just now,i will let you know how they get on

greenasiamcabbagelooking
03-Dec-09, 16:43
Birnies in Elgin is where we got our gecko from ...

http://birnies-petshop.co.uk/default.aspx

they have a big range of reptiles including tortoises.

their website has an up to date stock list on it, it changes all the time and they're supplied by reputable breeders.
you might want to cut out the middle man and go straight to the breeder, but this place is well worth a look, very helpful and friendly and they really know their stuff.

ShelleyCowie
03-Dec-09, 18:03
888 reptiles is another one.

Im still really tempted to get one myself! :eek: Peninsular Cooters are just so cute!!

Its just the cost of the set up that puts me off a bit. Might buy it bit by bit......hmm....temptation!!!

Bruce
03-Dec-09, 18:53
you really dont want to buy a tortoise from any pet shop or internet sites.theese torts are mostly imported from slovenia.i have bought from pet shops before i knew what was going on.they were both full of worms and one had MBD.if you can find a breeder then i would buy from them.they will be in great health and a lot cheeper than pet shops

smith2585
05-Dec-09, 19:06
i Agree with you there, had to pay £50 for delievery only, and thats before you pay for your tortiose