PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had gone to heaven...

Turquoise
01-Dec-09, 12:03
I was heavily laden with multiple Chrimbo shopping bags one year in Debenhams. Having not taken a bottle of water with me, I had a really sore head and was feeling quite pathetic. I thought to myself..."I could murder a beer..."

And then all of a sudden these people appeared next to me (in the clothes bit next to the escalator!!) and like angels unfolding their wings, they unfolded a table and laid out a Rolling Rock promotional tablecloth and started plonking beers out in front of me.

The woman said, "You look like you need a beer!". I could not believe my ears/eyes. So I chucked all the bags down and had a couple of beers before I commenced my shopping again.

Has anyone been visited by the beer angels or anything similar?

PS No, before you ask - it was not a dream!!

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 13:44
I was heavily laden with multiple Chrimbo shopping bags one year in Debenhams. Having not taken a bottle of water with me, I had a really sore head and was feeling quite pathetic. I thought to myself..."I could murder a beer..."

And then all of a sudden these people appeared next to me (in the clothes bit next to the escalator!!) and like angels unfolding their wings, they unfolded a table and laid out a Rolling Rock promotional tablecloth and started plonking beers out in front of me.

The woman said, "You look like you need a beer!". I could not believe my ears/eyes. So I chucked all the bags down and had a couple of beers before I commenced my shopping again.

Has anyone been visited by the beer angels or anything similar?

PS No, before you ask - it was not a dream!!

Where was this Debenhams store ??.

Turquoise
01-Dec-09, 14:09
It was in the middle earth of Englandshire!

Phill
01-Dec-09, 14:09
Beer Angels!!!

I must inform the wife.

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 14:11
It was in the middle earth of Englandshire!

Thought it widnt be up here. :(

Turquoise
01-Dec-09, 14:16
Beer Angels!!!

I must inform the wife.

Yes, Phill, they definitely do exist I can confirm this - however, I fear they only appear to you when you are really at death's beer door?

Phill
01-Dec-09, 14:34
Yes, Phill, they definitely do exist I can confirm this - however, I fear they only appear to you when you are really at death's beer door?

FANTASTIC!
I am printing this out as evidence for the next time wifey finds me stumbling about like a loon.

"itsh the beer angels luv! I washat deafs door but they sshhaved me"

BRIE
01-Dec-09, 15:01
you lucky begger!! why does nothing like that ever happen to me!:(