PDA

View Full Version : English -Polish Translations

bored2bitz
01-Dec-09, 11:36
Hi
I am writing out a christmas card for my Mum to give to her Polish neighbours and would like it to be in Polish I managed it last year no prob but this year I seem to be having a problem with the online translators. I think I've managed to write a wee message now but I cant seem to find the Polish words for 'SEASONS GREETINGS TO THE BOTH OF YOU' :confused
If any polish folk are reading this I would be grateful for any help with my dilemma.

floyed
01-Dec-09, 11:46
POWITANINIA OKRESÓW DO OBYDWA WAS

That is how you say it i got it by googling english to polish translation.
Here is the site -

http://www.poltran.com

Phill
01-Dec-09, 13:26
Just use the usual Brits Abroad babel fish translator:

S E A S O N S, G R E E T I N G S, T O T H E, B O T H, O F Y O U

Whilst gesticulating a lot, but I suppose that may not carry very well in a card so you may have to draw pictures of hands pointing n' stuff.

JimH
01-Dec-09, 15:34
Just use the usual Brits Abroad babel fish translator:

S E A S O N S, G R E E T I N G S, T O T H E, B O T H, O F Y O U

Whilst gesticulating a lot, but I suppose that may not carry very well in a card so you may have to draw pictures of hands pointing n' stuff.

Don't forget to put SKI on the end of it.

Bobinovich
01-Dec-09, 16:30
Or ...ovich - you have no idea how often I'm asked if I'm Polish :eek:!

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 16:42
Or ...ovich - you have no idea how often I'm asked if I'm Polish :eek:!

Well are ya ??. ;)

Kirdon
01-Dec-09, 16:58
Well are ya ??. ;)

He must be, as when he starts on about computors its like polish to me! or maybe double dutch.

joxville
01-Dec-09, 19:08
I prefer to write Wracają Polski on mine.

catherine nicol
02-Dec-09, 09:56
POWITANINIA OKRESÓW DO OBYDWA WAS

That is how you say it i got it by googling english to polish translation.
Here is the site -

http://www.poltran.com

Excellent website, thanks for the information I will put the website to good use myself also.

dafi
02-Dec-09, 11:43
You could allways try bablefish.com for translations. It works quite well.

Er sorry about that this is where i mean

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

ragdollyanna
02-Dec-09, 23:18
In my opinion you would be better to ask a Polish person. "Seasons Greetings" is an expression we use in English but if literally translated into Polish by a translation website, it may make absolutely no sense. They probably have their own expressions for Christmas greetings.

I can ask one of my Polish friends if you can wait a few days....

bela
11-Dec-09, 01:32
Hi
I am writing out a christmas card for my Mum to give to her Polish neighbours and would like it to be in Polish I managed it last year no prob but this year I seem to be having a problem with the online translators. I think I've managed to write a wee message now but I cant seem to find the Polish words for 'SEASONS GREETINGS TO THE BOTH OF YOU' :confused
If any polish folk are reading this I would be grateful for any help with my dilemma.

hi i'm polish i can help you with that. "SWIATECZNE POZDROWIENIA DLA WAS OBOJGA, WESOLYCH SWIAT".

joxville
11-Dec-09, 19:50
hi i'm polish i can help you with that. "SWIATECZNE POZDROWIENIA DLA WAS OBOJGA, WESOLYCH SWIAT".
Thanks for that. I'll save the info for next time I'm playing Scrabble.

High score here I come! :D