PDA

View Full Version : Teletext

Turquoise
30-Nov-09, 23:28
I heard the Teletext service is being stopped altogether in the near future. It's a shame really as I know plenty of people who use it regularly and not everyone has access to t'internet :~( Does anyone else still use it?

LMS
30-Nov-09, 23:29
First thing in the morning and last thing at night! I really like it as I can quickly suss out what is going on the world. I think Teletext news is stopping from early December and the rest is being phased out.

Turquoise
01-Dec-09, 00:07
Oh dear! Maybe you should take to the streets in protest??! Or at least write to G Brown to complain? None of the fellow Teletexters would know though as the news pages will have gone :eek:

joxville
01-Dec-09, 00:09
I heard the Teletext service is being stopped altogether in the near future. It's a shame really as I know plenty of people who use it regularly and not everyone has access to t'internet :~( Does anyone else still use it?
Was it announced on Teletext? ;)

Kodiak
01-Dec-09, 02:40
It is Ceefax that is stopping in 2012 in line with the Analogue TV Switch Off. Here is a link for more info :-

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=2270

teddybear1873
01-Dec-09, 05:54
I remember first seeing Oracle back in the 70's. Was like seeing the internet for the first time. Teletext and Ceefax are well outdated for todays technology.