PDA

View Full Version : Full size screen

skinnydog
30-Nov-09, 22:21
This will be such an easy fix I will kick myself but I have tried everything. My screen is not going all the way across (from left to right) and looks really big - even the icons on my desk top have gone huge. When I am in explorer if I am on 100% that is ok but still a lot larger that it used to be and if I drop to 75% it is too small. I have tried F11 to get a full screen and it works up and down the way but not across the way, it looks like I have a margin! It is something simple but that is what I get for allowing a 4 year old to play Scooby Doo games and not supervise, she must have touched something. Any help gratefully received....PS It is Windows Xp that I run on.

Bobinovich
30-Nov-09, 22:46
Nothing's been touched - many games automatically adjust the resolution to suit the game and some naughty ones don't reset it back to it's previous setting afterwards!

Right click on a blank bit of desktop and choose Properties from the menu, now click the Settings tab and increase the Screen Resolution slider followed by the Apply button - you may need to repeat until everything looks right again. Once you've got it right then click OK.

Simples :D

M R
30-Nov-09, 22:54
If it's not the resoloution as BoB as sugested, check the monitor settings. there will be a menu when you press a button on the front of the montor. Can adjust the siz of the screen horizontal and vertical from there.

maybe your 4 year old has been pressing buttons on the monitor.....

dx100uk
01-Dec-09, 02:14
If it's not the resoloution as BoB as sugested, check the monitor settings. there will be a menu when you press a button on the front of the montor. Can adjust the siz of the screen horizontal and vertical from there.

maybe your 4 year old has been pressing buttons on the monitor.....

yep play around with the buttons on the monitor, you should see a factory reset or restore defaults option, hit that.

dx

skinnydog
01-Dec-09, 14:27
Fixed!! Took Bob's advice and it was simples. Maybe it was the Scooby Do game after all. Thanks anyway!!

dragonfly
01-Dec-09, 14:34
thats what I told you to do last night?? should take up a new career ;)

glad you can view your favourite pages in full again :lol:

skinnydog
01-Dec-09, 14:40
Ahem......Your instructions were not that specific. If I remember correctly yours went along the lines of right click on your desk top and go into properties and dabble about from there.......You know me, dabble with most things but not a pc......

Bobinovich
01-Dec-09, 15:51
Ladies, a pool of baby oil can settle this one no problem :Razz