PDA

View Full Version : Rumours Roumours

bonami
30-Nov-09, 21:53
Heard a roumour today that the Coop are not moving to the Somerfield store in Wick . Story is that Aldi are. Probably a very tall story asit is unlikely Coop would rent or sale to another food retailer.

im behind you
30-Nov-09, 22:09
i herd that father christmas is'nt coming to caithness this year could this be true.

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-09, 22:33
i herd that father christmas is'nt coming to caithness this year could this be true.

Only the naughty boys and girls wont be getting a visit from Father Christmas so its not entirely true.......................... :Razz

butterfly
30-Nov-09, 22:35
Heard a roumour today that the Coop are not moving to the Somerfield store in Wick . Story is that Aldi are. Probably a very tall story asit is unlikely Coop would rent or sale to another food retailer.

The co-op has sold the Somerfield store to a company called Halldene's.They sell stuff similar to what Lidl's sell.The Wick co-op will now go ahead with a refitting to their store in Angle Park.

tonkatojo
30-Nov-09, 23:11
Only the naughty boys and girls wont be getting a visit from Father Christmas so its not entirely true.......................... :Razz

Well that's me fixed for a visit. :)

joxville
01-Dec-09, 00:32

Oh well, pointless me looking forward to anything then. :(

Alice in Blunderland
01-Dec-09, 09:03
Oh well, pointless me looking forward to anything then.

You never know .................... :Razz
Y:Razzu could try hanging up your stockings to see if youre a lucky boy. :p

northener
01-Dec-09, 10:43
I heard Asda has bought the Somerfield site off the Co-op in an attempt to gain a foothold in the area before building a new store opposite Tescos at the Airport.

And my source is a good one.

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 11:01
I heard Asda has bought the Somerfield site off the Co-op in an attempt to gain a foothold in the area before building a new store opposite Tescos at the Airport.

What,s your's Northener, mine's Heinz. :D

(I know the spelling's different)

misty woman
01-Dec-09, 11:03

Sorry to say asda have not bought somerfield from the coop!

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 11:09

What is your sauce, is it as reliable as Northener's ??.

misty woman
01-Dec-09, 11:12
What is your sauce, is it as reliable as Northener's ??.I should hope so i work in the coop in wick.

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 11:29
I should hope so i work in the coop in wick.

That's handy, are the co-op getting the beef at reduced prices this year ??. will they be getting cheap pork ??. Thanks.

misty woman
01-Dec-09, 11:32
That's handy, are the co-op getting the beef at reduced prices this year ??.
there was beef on offer last week,not sure how long the offer is on for though,pop in sometime to have a look!

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 11:42
there was beef on offer last week,not sure how long the offer is on for though,pop in sometime to have a look!

What about the pork ??.

bluemafia
01-Dec-09, 11:49
Haldanes,as far as i can gather is a brand new company,so how can anybody claim it is like other established food retailers or such!:D

northener
01-Dec-09, 11:50
What,s your's Northener, mine's Heinz. :D

(I know the spelling's different)

Anything I can spread around.......

Aha, you don't fool me that easily, my sauces are impeccable.

bluemafia
01-Dec-09, 11:54
due to the fact that rumours are exactly that,RUMOURS,the co-op HAD to sell to another food retailer because it was in the terms of the buyout from the office of fair trading[smirk]

tonkatojo
01-Dec-09, 12:00
due to the fact that rumours are exactly that,RUMOURS,the co-op HAD to sell to another food retailer because it was in the terms of the buyout from the office of fair trading[smirk]

Where is your sauce from is it impecable like Northeners ??, mind you I have never heard of that brand.;)

northener
01-Dec-09, 12:03

Rumours?

Are Fleetwood Mac buying Somerfields? I heard it was Boyzone.......

bluemafia
01-Dec-09, 12:06
Where is your sauce from is it impecable like Northeners ??, mind you I have never heard of that brand.;)
yes,it is a good scource,I used the information superhighway!