PDA

View Full Version : Need the org's help ASAP!

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-09, 17:38
Our mother and toddler group have a stall for Fun Day. But....we have no covering and we refuse to sit in the cold.

So does anyone have a gazebo/covering for our stall that we can buy or borrow?

Or even if anyone knows where we can get one that does not cost too much. Have checked argos and it would cost too much just for the 1 use.

Please help asap.

contact me by PM if you have any ideas! :D

Moira
30-Nov-09, 20:08
Shelley, your best hope would be to contact someone from the Thurso Town Improvement Association (TTIA). In fact, are they not the organisers behind this event? Failing that, someone at your end of the county involved with the annual County Shows. I'm quite sure there are plenty of stall coverings going spare at this time of year if only you could get a contact name.

It's been a few years since I begged and borrowed similar on the Wick side so I'm afraid my contact list is out of date. Best of luck! :)

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-09, 20:33
Shelley, your best hope would be to contact someone from the Thurso Town Improvement Association (TTIA). In fact, are they not the organisers behind this event? Failing that, someone at your end of the county involved with the annual County Shows. I'm quite sure there are plenty of stall coverings going spare at this time of year if only you could get a contact name.

It's been a few years since I begged and borrowed similar on the Wick side so I'm afraid my contact list is out of date. Best of luck! :)

We have sent an email to them and my sister has been phoning. Will continue the endless calls tomorrow to see if we can get one.

Dont want til be sitting out in the cold all day :eek: lol.

Venture
30-Nov-09, 20:38
Get yourself some thermals as well Shelley. I can tell you through experience that it's perishing when you are standing around at a stall, especially at this time of year. Thick socks and plenty of layers of clothing and not forgetting the flask of coffee. Hope your stall is a success.;)

ShelleyCowie
30-Nov-09, 20:50
Get yourself some thermals as well Shelley. I can tell you through experience that it's perishing when you are standing around at a stall, especially at this time of year. Thick socks and plenty of layers of clothing and not forgetting the flask of coffee. Hope your stall is a success.;)

Oh dont worry i will be very well wrapped up!! Shame i didna have a pair o 'long johns' haha!

I hope so too!! We are having a few things on our stall. So if anyone from the org pops by the Thurso mother and toddlers stall dinna be scared til say hi! I will be on in the afternoon! :Razz

teddybear1873
01-Dec-09, 05:59
Oh dont worry i will be very well wrapped up!! Shame i didna have a pair o 'long johns' haha!

I hope so too!! We are having a few things on our stall. So if anyone from the org pops by the Thurso mother and toddlers stall dinna be scared til say hi! I will be on in the afternoon! :Razz

Get a pair of long johns from your faither. He whipped aboot 5 of them when he was a window cleaner at Dounreay.

If I remember it has UKEA stamped on it's erse.

Dadie
01-Dec-09, 09:19
Get a couple of heat packs to keep you toasty!
The good ones last a couple of hours at least by which time your stint should be up:lol:

ShelleyCowie
01-Dec-09, 10:58
Get a couple of heat packs to keep you toasty!
The good ones last a couple of hours at least by which time your stint should be up:lol:

Now thats a good idea! Never thought o that.

Either that or i will take my electric blanket down and wrap it around myself! [lol]