PDA

View Full Version : Gale clothes pegs

Kenn
30-Nov-09, 14:00
Any one know if they are available in the county and if so where can I buy them?

Phill
30-Nov-09, 14:05
Wot they for then LIZZ, are the special ones that keep yer clothes on the line when it's blowin' a hoolie?

:confused

changilass
30-Nov-09, 14:05
Are you sending your washing to Orkney lol

Phill
30-Nov-09, 14:09
We tried some super strong ones, can only assume they worked 'cos the line went as well!!

changilass
30-Nov-09, 14:15
What a fantastic post Phill:lol::lol::lol:

Kenn
30-Nov-09, 14:32
Aw come on folk....I'm just trying to find some pegs. 'em as what lives out to Bettyhill are getting fed up wie me drawers all over the garden!

Happy Gilmour
30-Nov-09, 14:43
storm pegs are what you are looking for and they can be located in a small supermarket in Lybster. Mr & Mrs Wild sell them, they might post them to you if you contact them.

shazzap
30-Nov-09, 14:46
Ebay have some, but i don't know if they are the same as the ones you are after.

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-09, 14:50
Aw come on folk....I'm just trying to find some pegs. 'em as what lives out to Bettyhill are getting fed up wie me drawers all over the garden!

Hey Lizz

Alice has the answer........................dinna wear drawers :eek: no wear............. no wash .................no flying drawers.................

happy neighbours :Razz

Phill
30-Nov-09, 14:52
'em as what lives out to Bettyhill are getting fed up wie me drawers all over the garden!

Now, now, this is a family forum. We don't need the details of the aftermath of your wild abandon.

:eek:

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-09, 14:59
Now, now, this is a family forum. We don't need the details of the aftermath of your wild abandon.

:eek:

Said who it may be just the thing we all need to brighten up a cold Monday. :lol:

changilass
30-Nov-09, 15:04
Liz, as you are good at needlework, may I suggest you embroider a stamp and your postcode on your drawers, you may just get them back in time for a cosy christmas.

BINBOB
30-Nov-09, 16:21
I use my tumble dryer from end Sept. till end of March........will not catch me out in cold wet ,windy weather.........

Try Ebay....for pegs.;)

mumof2
30-Nov-09, 16:24
they sometimes have storm pegs in the 99p shop, not sure if they have em just now though!

Kathy@watten
30-Nov-09, 17:38
LOl have the same issues here with the wind blowing everything I have washed all over the place, but now have the storm pegs, you can get them in the CLB in Thurso, obviously a need for us country girls doing our mega washes!

Lavenderblue2
30-Nov-09, 17:49
Even if you get the washing to stay secure on the line and the line doesn't break, the wind will rip the bottoms of towels etc to shreds!!

Except for the odd good day it's the tumble drier for me too.

riggerboy
30-Nov-09, 17:54

brilliant blinking brilliant lol

teenybash
30-Nov-09, 17:56
I just buy the storm pegs from ebay and get them delivered by the postie.....last ones were 99p with free postage.

Kenn
30-Nov-09, 19:17
Thanks for all the information here and by pm...will have a hunt round the shops mentioned..it's that or unmentionables scattered to the four winds!

Whits a tumble dryer? Do ye dry tumbles in it?

BINBOB
30-Nov-09, 19:23
Thanks for all the information here and by pm...will have a hunt round the shops mentioned..it's that or unmentionables scattered to the four winds!

Whits a tumble dryer? Do ye dry tumbles in it?

It is an expensive electric eating machine!!!But I could not live without it.............;)

BINBOB
30-Nov-09, 19:24
I just buy the storm pegs from ebay and get them delivered by the postie.....last ones were 99p with free postage.

Good old EBAY!!!Never lets one down.:D

Alice in Blunderland
30-Nov-09, 20:13
Good old EBAY!!!Never lets one down.:D

When it comes to holding up ones drawers on a windy day I would hope that they wouldnt let them down so to speak :p........................

I still reckon my suggetiion is the best ...............no drawers ...no need for pegs for them :Razz

Kenn
07-Dec-09, 23:57
Managed to purchase a beeg bag of 'em today in Thurso and not badly priced either, £1.40 for 50 in Serendipity so hopefully now both the smalls and the large will stay on the line!

lister
08-Dec-09, 03:58
Hey Lizz

Alice has the answer........................dinna wear drawers :eek: no wear............. no wash .................no flying drawers.................

happy neighbours :Razz

Aye and to add please wear trousers,can ye imagine a passer by when yer hangin oot yer washing on a windy day in a skirt,,,lets just hope their no drivin!!
What do ye tell the insurance company when ye crash???[lol]

tartanyorkie
08-Dec-09, 13:44
It is an expensive electric eating machine!!!But I could not live without it.............;)

Same here. Thought they were a waste of electric, but OH had one when I moved in and soon found it was easier than picking your washing out of the fields in winter up here. I have not found any pegs yet that will hold it but will look on ebay now to see what their storm pegs are like.

Hoida
08-Dec-09, 14:10
Try Serendipity in Thurso they did have them

David Banks
08-Dec-09, 16:48
If strong winds were coming, we'd put the regular pegs on as close as possible to the spring. Sometimes we'd use two or three pegs for big sheets and the like. Don't remember having clothes ending up in Scarfskerry loch.
Special storm pegs, eh? - now that's progress.