PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sky+

nancypotter45
29-Nov-09, 11:53
Wondering if anyone can help.

I am having problems with my Sky+ recording, it keeps saying everything is failed and sometimes if you record it tells you there is no signal and switch your sky box off for 1 minute. Don't understand as it was working fine up until last few weeks.

Thanks in advance

Macwull
29-Nov-09, 11:57
Seems like the second input has no signal, possibly due to a slack connection at rear of box or maybe something at the lnb end outside on your dish. Best to go to services then system setup then signal test and check, the bars should be at least half full for signal quality and strength on both inputs,

Just press services at the top of the remote then press 4 and 6.

nancypotter45
29-Nov-09, 15:47
Seems like the second input has no signal, possibly due to a slack connection at rear of box or maybe something at the lnb end outside on your dish. Best to go to services then system setup then signal test and check, the bars should be at least half full for signal quality and strength on both inputs,

Just press services at the top of the remote then press 4 and 6.

Thanks for advice. There is no signal quality and strength on 2nd input so that could be my problem, just have to find out how to fix it now

Macwull
29-Nov-09, 18:49
Have you checked the cabling coming into the back o the sky box, Ive had mine pull out before as the ends chessor put on were poor, Most probably that, dish shouldnt be out of alligment as you are still getting your first feed fine. If no probs at back then check the lnb to ensure the cable is in fully.

DM
01-Dec-09, 15:56
Switch off the receiver at the mains wall socket. Press and hold the front panel "backup" button and switch the mains power back on. Continue to hold the button for 20 seconds or until the LEDs all light (depends on the make/model). As soon as this happens, you'll see a message on the screen (only if you have connected via the TV Scart). Leave the receiver for at least 15 minutes to download the software via satellite.

Worked for me when I had the same problem, good luck!

nancypotter45
01-Dec-09, 21:26
Switch off the receiver at the mains wall socket. Press and hold the front panel "backup" button and switch the mains power back on. Continue to hold the button for 20 seconds or until the LEDs all light (depends on the make/model). As soon as this happens, you'll see a message on the screen (only if you have connected via the TV Scart). Leave the receiver for at least 15 minutes to download the software via satellite.

Worked for me when I had the same problem, good luck!

Thanks very much for this, will try it later when kids go to bed. It is really annoying now, if you try to record or set a reminder for any programme you can't watch anything as it comes up 'no signal please switch off for 1 minute and restart' but if you take record off the picture comes back.

Will let you know how I get on.

Moonboots
01-Dec-09, 21:41
The procedure which DM advised is only for forcing a software update. Usually your box will already be updated so nothing will happen.

Normal reset - Turn box off at wall.. Leave for a minute then switch back on.

But the problem you are having is that signal cable is faulty for the 2nd input.
Usually resolved by the advice given from Macwull. Check both connections (LNB and Box)
If this does not resolve the problem then change both inputs on the box around (1-2 2-1). Then see what what comes up in the signal test.
If input 1 is shown as no signal then it definately a cable/connection fault.
If input 2 is still shown no signal then it is the box thats at fault.

Let us know how you get on.

nancypotter45
01-Dec-09, 23:53
Hi Have checked all cables, connections and everything seemed okay but I don't know too much about these things. Tried procedure DM suggested (thanks DM) and it worked. I have signal strength on both input 1 and 2 so hopefully that's my problem solved.

Thank you all for your help and advice, it was most kind of you.

The procedure which DM advised is only for forcing a software update. Usually your box will already be updated so nothing will happen.

Normal reset - Turn box off at wall.. Leave for a minute then switch back on.

But the problem you are having is that signal cable is faulty for the 2nd input.
Usually resolved by the advice given from Macwull. Check both connections (LNB and Box)
If this does not resolve the problem then change both inputs on the box around (1-2 2-1). Then see what what comes up in the signal test.
If input 1 is shown as no signal then it definately a cable/connection fault.
If input 2 is still shown no signal then it is the box thats at fault.

Let us know how you get on.

purplelady
02-Dec-09, 00:20
I had this problem and called skys tech help they were very good x

nancypotter45
02-Dec-09, 01:30
Yes phoning Sky was my last resort as you get put through to that many departments and lots of holding and I couldn't be bothered with it.

Thought I would come on here as I see loads of people asking for and receiving help with things and was very kindly given great advice to solve the problem.

DM
02-Dec-09, 18:35
Glad to help :D