PDA

View Full Version : End of farming as we know it?

Rheghead
29-Nov-09, 11:51
Meat has been grown in a laboratory for the first time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6680989/Meat-grown-in-laboratory-in-world-first.html

At least there are no ethical objections from Vegetarian groups.:eek:

riggerboy
29-Nov-09, 11:54
thats blinking brilliant that means there will be less farm land required which in turn means more land to go off road 4x4 ing or even better more land to turn into golf courses, life these days just seem to be getting better and better, as for soggy pork the wife has been making it for years lol

Scorpio12thNov
29-Nov-09, 14:52
I'm still trying to get my head round this[lol]

On paper, I think this is a great idea. But I don't fancy eating something that was "created" in a "laboratory".

If it can be pulled of though, I say well done to the minds that came up with this idea. We shouldn't be slaughtering our animals just so our mouths are easily fed, but unfortunately (me included I'm afraid) we do...:(

Invisible
29-Nov-09, 15:19
absolute balderdash

badger
29-Nov-09, 19:33
Someone should tell Sarah Palin -

“If any vegans came over for dinner, I could whip them up a salad, then explain my philosophy on being a carnivore: If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?”

“I love meat. I eat pork chops, thick bacon burgers, and the seared fatty edges of a medium-well-done steak. But I especially love moose and caribou. I always remind people from outside our state that there's plenty of room for all Alaska's animals -- right next to the mashed potatoes.”

Phill
29-Nov-09, 22:16
It's like non alcoholic beer or that quorn muck.

What's the point?

If you want a decent bit of fillet steak, you want it off a happy, healthy coo reared in plenty of space and fed properly.

The processed foods that are harming our health now were produced in labs.

Sorry, but more time & effort should be put into giving animals a good life and not caging or cramming them into unhealthy spaces.

Bobinovich
30-Nov-09, 00:11
If everyone started eating 'man-made' meat would they not still have to keep killing animals just to keep their populations from going through the roof :roll:? Either that or they'd have to do some serious male-female separation 'cos very little can get in the way of nature otherwise :D

redeyedtreefrog
30-Nov-09, 18:58
I want to try this meat! If it tastes the same or better, then wev'e solved several problems.

Cinders392
30-Nov-09, 20:40
If everyone started eating 'man-made' meat would they not still have to keep killing animals just to keep their populations from going through the roof :roll:? Either that or they'd have to do some serious male-female separation 'cos very little can get in the way of nature otherwise :D

I beleive it is human population they need to stop from going through the roof!
Go Veggie! :)