PDA

View Full Version : I think my foot might be broken.

teenybash
29-Nov-09, 01:19
Horse stood on my foot.........verrry painfullllll..............It could be broken, but I haven't went to hospital for x ray. Should I go tomorrow or should I just leave it. I am not sure what can be done apart from strapping it...........what should I do??

Metalattakk
29-Nov-09, 01:23
Aye, just leave it. It's only a foot, eh? You've got another one after all...:roll:

Get thee to a physician.

Abewsed
29-Nov-09, 02:17
Get it seen to, if for no other reason than to get something to slow down any swelling. Better to be safe than sorry.

Kevin Milkins
29-Nov-09, 02:19
Sorry to hear that you have hurt yourself Teenybash, but if you think you have broken your foot it may need a bit more than strapping and the only way to tell for sure is a trip up to the A&E.

Good luck.

EDDIE
29-Nov-09, 09:35
Horse stood on my foot.........verrry painfullllll..............It could be broken, but I haven't went to hospital for x ray. Should I go tomorrow or should I just leave it. I am not sure what can be done apart from strapping it...........what should I do??

Go staight to causualty and get it xray and dont do what i did last week when my anke was swollen and it still is swollen and that is phone nhs24 they told me to rest it over the weekend and if it gets any worse go to the doctors on monday so i did when i went on monday all i got was pain killers and a stretchy bandage and told to come back next week if there is no improvement and i never got an xray or a walking stick and really the only way u can tell if there is anything broken is by getting sn xray thats why in hein site i wished i went straight to casualty and i probably would have got an xray as well.
IF there is swelling iboprofen takes down swelling better than parecetaomal providing your not allergic to them.
Go to casualty Right now and dont be like me and think your wasting there time because your not go

BINBOB
29-Nov-09, 11:13

U must go to casualty now....really hope it will be fine,but better safe than sorry.

riggerboy
29-Nov-09, 11:21
get to the hospital, even if its not broken it may still have damage that will only get worse if you dont get it attended to,

ShelleyCowie
29-Nov-09, 13:07
I hope you have gone to the hospital Teenybash! A broken bone might not sound so serious to some but i have watched way too many medical problems to know it can cause other serious illness' especially if any bone marrow leaks. :eek:

(note to self, stop reading medical stuff!!)

horseman
29-Nov-09, 14:55
teenybash-you are an absolute angel-
Who else could put up such a pointless post an receive so many well thought out an considerate replys to a daft question:)

Scorpio12thNov
29-Nov-09, 14:56
(note to self, stop reading medical stuff!!)

It's eh nurse's uniform 'ats doin it Shelle...;)

Scorpio12thNov
29-Nov-09, 15:00
teenybash-you are an absolute angel-
Who else could put up such a pointless post an receive so many well thought out an considerate replys to a daft question

Hehe:lol:

When I was a bairn, a car ran over my leg, it was bloody sore! but luckily for me, not broken.

Personally, you'd know within yersel if it wis broken, even a hairline crack, (I always felt them:lol:)But get one to the HOSPITAL!!!

If yer scared of eh hospital, I'm sure eh doc will gie ye a lolly;)

cuddlepop
29-Nov-09, 15:52
teenybash that must have been so painfull,hopefully you've taken yourself to hospital and have it looked at.:(

Fingers crossed its just badly swollen so your not out of action for a few weeks.:)

pirateeye
29-Nov-09, 16:17
my mum broke her foot in may...the dog ran into her on the beach and she fell...so simple. but she needed to go to inverness for an operation. feet can have bad breaks. it's still swollen and she can't work...and thats WITH medical attention.................................

Loraine
29-Nov-09, 17:36
It doesn't take much to break a bone in your foot. A friend of mine had to have an operation to reset and pin a broken bone in her foot while out walking the dogs - the dog ran up and jumped on her and she fell back, twisting her foot in the process - ouch!! Another friend was flattening empty cardboard boxes by jumping on them and twisted her ankle which resulted in a fracture!! So yes it's always best to get these things looked at quickly. Having said that the friend who had to have the op went straight to A&E and was told it was sprained. A day or two later she knew it wasn't just a sprain and went back to the doctor - they sent her straight to Raigmore to get it sorted (don't think they even x-rayed her in Wick A&E). So, sadly, mistakes can be made! :roll:

M R
29-Nov-09, 19:07
Go straight to wick hospital, I spent 2 days with a broken foot (actually my ankle) after going to dunbar and because they could'n't feel a break, and my foot wasn't particularly swollen, they sent me home with some brufen.............

Took it apon myself to goto wick, even then after expressing my fairly high pain threshold, i could not put my weight on it, they were still not keen on xraying it. Eventually did and found a fracture, it was in an odd place, apprently.

upolian
29-Nov-09, 22:25
go to hospital

Phill
29-Nov-09, 23:09
I wouldn't be goin' t' Wick.

Sent me away with a prescription for gout after I broke my foot :eek:

teenybash
30-Nov-09, 01:13
Have been walking on the suspect foot and didn't go to hospital.......I am a huge coward....I can wiggle my toes so probably isn't broken...I hope.
I don't want anyone touching it....I don't want an operation....Aargh [para]

M R
30-Nov-09, 02:19
If you can stand and walk on it, chances are it's not broken........

Maybe steel toe caps are in order :)

teenybash
30-Nov-09, 02:47
If you can stand and walk on it, chances are it's not broken........

Maybe steel toe caps are in order :)

I think you are right...........1200lbs of horse standing on wellied feet ain't so good.....:D

Aaldtimer
30-Nov-09, 03:41
I remember a simple test from my RAF days, first aid and all that! If you run a finger over the affected area. if there is a broken bone then the flesh above it will quiver, if not, then no broken bone.
Jeeze, that was so long ago!:confused

cuddlepop
30-Nov-09, 10:37
[quote=teenybash;626983]Have been walking on the suspect foot and didn't go to hospital.......I am a huge coward....I can wiggle my toes so probably isn't broken...I hope.
I don't want anyone touching it....I don't want an operation....Aargh [para]

Think someone needs to buy you steel toe capped wellies for christmas.;)

So glad your foot isnt broken but I bet It feels like it.
Take care of yourself and cuddle up on the couch with Pie,you've got a brilliant excuse now.:D

porshiepoo
30-Nov-09, 19:48
Ouch!!
I remember when my horse trod on my foot and broke 4 toes. 1 of them never recovered and the bone inside must have been mullered as the toe bend the wrong way now - kinda like a rubber toe. :eek:
Great way to freak people out though lol. Or threaten unruly kids - "Behave or I'll get the Toe out". lol.