PDA

View Full Version : Women in Business

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-Nov-09, 00:48
Hey ladies,

the Chamber of Commerce are setting up a new Group - Women in Business.

There has been one meeting so far which I personally found very interesting and am looking forward to joining up. The next event is on the 16th December and I have a flyer if anyone would like to see.

If you are directly or indirectly involved in business / enterprise it's worth a look - the group were really friendly and welcoming even to a young hick from the sticks like me :-)

Mairi Anne :-)

Moira
29-Nov-09, 01:10
Advertise the next meeting on the "What's On" section on the front page. No point in keeping a good thing a secret.

In fact, why don't you post the flyer here? It will make a change from Christmas Fayres and Car Boot/Table top sales. Good luck. :)

lelebo
29-Nov-09, 12:27
Hi there - I went along too and it was really interesting - great to see such a good turn out but a few more ladies would make it even better :) Lot's of exciting events planned for the future too....woo hoo :) x

weeboyagee
29-Nov-09, 12:46
Morning Mairi Anne and others! Can I add my support for this group - it's essential that we develop all the avenues in the local field of commerce and the contribution of women in the local economy's businesses is to be commended! Glad to hear of the positive comments - Trudy Morris who is at the helm of the Chamber is a great lead and just in case you didn't notice - she's a woman as well!

I know it will be successful but will be all the more so if the women in the community get involved!

WBG :cool:

spurtle
29-Nov-09, 14:11
Yes, we obviously need special attention seperate to men!

weeboyagee
29-Nov-09, 18:24
Yes, we obviously need special attention seperate to men!
Hmmm,...saying nothing until I see a lawyer! :D

WBG :cool:

Hibeechick
30-Nov-09, 10:35
Couldnt make the last event :( Also the december one is a bit close to christmas for me as its total chaos at that time of year. Definitely want to get involved though!

rob1
30-Nov-09, 10:44
Nice to see equality is alive and well in the 21st century.........