PDA

View Full Version : Disney have a hidden message?

Vistravi
28-Nov-09, 21:41
Was watching the lion king last night and for the first time i was struck by the hidden messages that only an adult would pick up in it. Has anyone else seen this in other disney films? :confused

I never noticed this as a child at all! :lol:

Kodiak
28-Nov-09, 21:49
So what is this supposed Hidden Message?

Vistravi
28-Nov-09, 21:57
It's not so hidden in some sense. As a child i liked it for the characters and the story but it is now after not seeing it for several years that i see the bigger picture. It's got 2 ways to view the film. One is that it is about someone who is born into a destiny and then lost his way, only to get back on track when the time was right. The second is how someone deals with the loss of the person they look up to the most. ;)

Have i just seen what i didn't see as a child maybe?:confused

I think i just overthought about it! :roll:

changilass
28-Nov-09, 22:11
Most kids programs, be it films, series or cartoons, have the underlying message of good over evil and show the underdog overcoming whatever holds them back and triumphing.

Its supposed to be an easier way to learn than actually burning your fingers.

davem
28-Nov-09, 22:12
They always did pitch things for grown ups as well as kids. A cunning ploy so that mums and dads enjoyed it too!

kriklah
28-Nov-09, 22:25
oooo and i thought you were on about "THE" hidden message. its know that advertising using subliminal messageing but there are times when it can be found elsewhere, the Lion King being one of them. i even took my copy and looked for it and found it. there is a scene that when freeze framed a word shows up. (ill not say it on here just incase i get told off) the scene is were adult simba flops down at a cliff edge and fluff and dust flies up, if you pause and frame by frame play, youll see the word in the dust

(sits back while everyone gets out their copy of the lion king!!;))

Kodiak
28-Nov-09, 22:29
So in reality nothing new then and there was no real hidden message at all.

Invisible
28-Nov-09, 23:36
There is no hidden message in my pov. Its about someone who looses his father and trusts the wrong person and then runs away and his new mates build up his confidence with a little sing song.

Talking from my own experience, loosing a parent made me very distant and like Simba wanted to run away I did trust the wrong people but then my real friends shone through and im back, however i wont be battling my uncle Scar.

p.s. i never thought i would have to compare myself to a lion

ShelleyCowie
28-Nov-09, 23:49
:eek: Disney! Never.

The only thing i see in the lion king is my tissue from wiping my eyes! Always makes me cry, infact there are not many disney movies i do not cry at.

I try not to look for hidden messages in movies. I feel it takes the passion away from a movie.

Darn, i want to watch the lion king now....:~(

golach
28-Nov-09, 23:54
They are all on Youtube, just google Lion king+hidden messages

dragonfly
28-Nov-09, 23:56
snow white was supposidly full of drugs - snow white supposidly being cocaine and the 7 dwarfs being the stages of addiction :eek:

sleepy, sneezy, grumpy, dozy etc

Kodiak
29-Nov-09, 00:12
snow white was supposidly full of drugs - snow white supposidly being cocaine and the 7 dwarfs being the stages of addiction :eek:

sleepy, sneezy, grumpy, dozy etc

I doubt this Very Much indeed since Snow White was released in 1937 and was an adaption from the Brothers Grimm Fairy Story of the same Name, Snow White.

So if this was the case it must have come from the Brothers Grimm. But since they died 30 years before Cocaine was first discovered it does not compute.

So it seems that the story of Snow White was just that a Fairy Story with no double meaning and definately Nothing to do with any drug like cocaine.

So Just another unban myth then thats all this is.

Invisible
29-Nov-09, 00:18
I doubt this Very Much indeed since Snow White was released in 1937 and was an adaption from the Brothers Grimm Fairy Story of the same Name, Snow White.

So if this was the case it must have come from the Brothers Grimm. But since they died 30 years before Cocaine was first discovered it does not compute.

So it seems that the story of Snow White was just that a Fairy Story with no double meaning and definately Nothing to do with any drug like cocaine.

So Just another unban myth then thats all this is.

With knowledge like that you should be on Eggheads.

Vistravi
29-Nov-09, 00:41
There is no hidden message in my pov. Its about someone who looses his father and trusts the wrong person and then runs away and his new mates build up his confidence with a little sing song.

Talking from my own experience, loosing a parent made me very distant and like Simba wanted to run away I did trust the wrong people but then my real friends shone through and im back, however i wont be battling my uncle Scar.

p.s. i never thought i would have to compare myself to a lion

lol i actually think the same. Through losing his father Simba lost his way and tried to run away from who he was. He realised he needed to face the past and did so becoming stronger for it. I feel that the same thing happened to me but i became a different person, a stronger person and also realised what i really wanted out of life.

It is very strange to compare your life experiences to a fictional character :lol:

Nacho
29-Nov-09, 01:11
Was watching the lion king last night and for the first time i was struck by the hidden messages that only an adult would pick up in it. Has anyone else seen this in other disney films? :confused

I never noticed this as a child at all! :lol:

'hidden message' ? the lion king is one of the most overtly moralistic films out there, young and old, subtle as a brick ....

disney made an arse of this film, that's why it's consigned to the animation dustbin, most kids i own or know don't rate it.

Pixar have sorted out how to present a film with humour and a subtle message about being a good sort and a team player .... nemo, cars, up etc ...

the only disney film i enjoy and the kids never tire of is lilo and stitch :D

teenybash
29-Nov-09, 01:16
All stories contain messages otherwise there wouldn't be a story to tell.
Every plot reveals the story or message through the characters, their reactions, adventures, sadness, heartbreak, achievement or whatever and finally the conclusion of the tale is revealed at the end.............

Leanne
29-Nov-09, 01:16
For hidden messages look on Youtube for Rainbow!

Here is an example!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Pcz-6l2Ro

Bazeye
29-Nov-09, 09:23
For hidden messages look on Youtube for Rainbow!

Here is an example!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Pcz-6l2Ro

Absolute class.
:lol::lol::lol: