PDA

View Full Version : Horse rugs where to buy ..........

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 21:11
getting sick of getting emails telling me about great deals on horse rugs and then them not really being good deals because they only have 4'3" or 7'0" in stock when all I want is a decent heavy weight with attached neck 6'6"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne
28-Nov-09, 21:31
getting sick of getting emails telling me about great deals on horse rugs and then them not really being good deals because they only have 4'3" or 7'0" in stock when all I want is a decent heavy weight with attached neck 6'6"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebay - premier rugs are good. Not the absolute best quality but very reasonable for the price :)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 21:42
been on ebay cant find anything i like that im willing to part cash with .....

- as in premier equine??? had a look at them - and although they come recommended to me I just think they're not neat enough - plus i met their managing director and he was really arrogant so not really wanting to spend my hard earned cash on his products.....

obviously through business I can buy Shires , funnell rugs and rhinegold but i'm really looking for a weatherbeeta full neck and I just cant find......

argh

over-the-ord
28-Nov-09, 21:51
seaforth saddlers in inverness used to stock wb rugs, i have bought from horserugs4u.com they have a wide secection including wb! hope you find the rug you are looking for!

munron
28-Nov-09, 21:56
Well as a fellow rug connisour (oh cant be bothered with spell check), I do like the one i got of you for Dino, but I like premier equine for paddy as he doesnt need "neat". Why dont you check out Windys pessoa and see what you think of them? You are welcome to try Paddys Premier Equine - although it is 6 9 it will give you an idea - it is his heavyweight 450 not that muddy lump that is on him.

Failing that as you said youself there isnt much to beat a Rambo

Oh and if you find weatherbeeta on rideaway that you want give me a shout as I want to order Dino a stable rug and I have vouchers so postage can be saved.

:) realised that I am chuntering on about rugs again, well it must have been at least two months since we had a rug thread - which if you googled horse sales it came up number 4 for some reason - just some more irrelevant information for the x factor commercial break ha ha

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 21:58
I do like the one i got of you for Dino,

well thats the one i want for shannon but in the next size up - and i just cant find it under 100 ....which I am NOT justifying on a rug right now - she's probably going to have to make do this winter and wait until next spring.............

Jovi
28-Nov-09, 22:11
Hi 'KOT', have you looked on Equestrian Clearance ? there are some 6'6" Weatherbeetas with neck covers.Anyway hope you find what you're looking for soon. :roll:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:14
hey thanks JOvi but been excessively touring equestrian clearance....nothing that suits in a 6'6"

must be full neck not detachable neck - to say i HATE detachable necks is an understatement.............

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:16
see this is ideal...............

but want it to be heavier........

http://www.derbyhouse.co.uk/prodshow.asp?id=2553&cat=2&scats=48,86

might give HIS a phone on MOnday and see what they have - they always do a good turn on rugs....

Jovi
28-Nov-09, 22:17
With you there,I'm not a fan either,never mind I'm sure you'll find something suitable soon. Good luck with your quest!:lol:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:21
this is the exact rug - munron the same as what you got from me..........

http://www.stortfordhorsebits.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=313

but it's the old style and I refuse to pay 150 for an old season rug.................

Leanne
28-Nov-09, 22:21
Daft question but Robinsons?

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:23
looked there - they seem to have hardly anything under turnouts..... well not with full neck

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:29
has equenox gone out of business???????????????????????????

Jovi
28-Nov-09, 22:30
4 of ours have the Weatherbeeta Taka contour but with high not full neck..wonderful rugs really recommend them,smart,tough,don't slip and keep them warm and dry in the worst weather.:)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:32
yeah they are the bees knees....have some high necks like them too - but I just want to be safe in the knowledge that when i'm giving birth my little neddy has a nice heavyweight rug with a full neck to be turned out in if weather is particularly nasty so i won't worry about her inbetween contractions...............

over-the-ord
28-Nov-09, 22:33
i do ike the weatherbetta landa, as the tail flap longer and seams more secure than most rugs, good rug for under £70......:Razz

Jovi
28-Nov-09, 22:37
The tail flaps on the Taka is wrap arond so doesn't lift over their backs in the wind,ours came from Equestrian clearance and were a great price...just under £70

munron
28-Nov-09, 22:39
I have sent thee an email with an idea, but I will also do some trawling tomorrow to see if I can come up with much cheapness. Maybe you should do a competition the first person to find you a taka at £100 gets a prize

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:42
i do ike the weatherbetta landa, as the tail flap longer and seams more secure than most rugs, good rug for under £70......:Razz

Yeah i have 2 landas but they are just not heavy enough

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:43
I have sent thee an email with an idea, but I will also do some trawling tomorrow to see if I can come up with much cheapness. Maybe you should do a competition the first person to find you a taka at £100 gets a prize

haha -what like a new shires rug haha... I would go for the shires stormcheeta rug which I supply myself but the wholesaler is out of stock on the 6'6" arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

landy
28-Nov-09, 22:49
have you tried derby house own rugs.quincey has a heavy and med combo.find the neck fits neatly and the tummy is well covered.on really cold days i layer it with the free fleece i got or the next size down med stable rug.hes a 6'6"and derby house is well recommended!good luck

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:50
yeah was contemplating the derby house own brand but hadn't even seen one - do you have any pics of yours turned out in one landy ??

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:52
Nicola - what like is the tail flap on the pessoa........

they have a trade discount on them so might be worth my while getting there.....

can offer 20% off any GFS and pessoa rug too....

over-the-ord
28-Nov-09, 22:53
The tail flaps on the Taka is wrap arond so doesn't lift over their backs in the wind,ours came from Equestrian clearance and were a great price...just under £70

just had a look and converted!! the taka looks a good heavy weight 400g gutted that theres none in his size! :(

landy
28-Nov-09, 22:53
can get hubbie to take one tomorrow first thing if any goog?his med i got the other day as it was on special down to 39.99 and have to admit have never seen a rug act like a waxed car in that the rain ran off in round droplets.if that makes sense?will send pic tomorrow

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 22:55
perfect landy thanks -

my requirements are heavyweight 360g or more and full attached neck..... will have a look again at their prices....

on horserugs4u at the moment...not exactly and easy website to trawl through

ok - anyone had a funnell - I can also supply these myself away to look at trade price - but the pics don't show enough of the tail flap to see if its going to be good enough - anyone tried one>>???????????????

munron
28-Nov-09, 23:00
Nicola - what like is the tail flap on the pessoa........

they have a trade discount on them so might be worth my while getting there.....

can offer 20% off any GFS and pessoa rug too....

Umm crap really, rug otherwise is excellent but tail flap poor in comparison to the weatherbeeta. None of my rugs compare to the WB with tail flaps, paddys is good because he has a size to big because of his huge neck. My pet hate is cross over leg straps, cos I need a hard hat with Windy cos she is a cow ;)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 23:02
shires has as good a tail flap as WB and thats about all that does.......

ok found the orican heavy full neck - not as pretty as taka but nearly same spec except the underbelly tucker inners......

it's 69 but with tax and deliver 77..... thats what's to beat MUNRO

http://www.horserugs4u.com/All_78_inch_Turnout_Rugs/WB_Orican_Original_Combo_Heavy_HRT_PLB_CHIBLK_78/166_19210_90p/index.html

munron
28-Nov-09, 23:13
ooo i love a challenge, will get on it tomorrow :)

over-the-ord
28-Nov-09, 23:14
same kind but cheaper in chilli/ black with delivery total £74.99 and 6'6 in stock :lol:

http://www.equestrianclearance.com/weatherbeeta/weatherbeeta_orican_original_std_turnout_rug/index.html

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 23:17
fraid it's not the same........... sorry this is how anal i am about rugs...thats 300g on equestrian clearance - the one on my link is 360g.... BUT GOOD EFFORT!!!!!!!!

again credentials are:

good tail flap,

full neck

360g or more..........

over-the-ord
28-Nov-09, 23:28
surely a company would not have the same rugs just with 60g of difference, as i would class both a heavy weight, would they not make a med weight alot lighter than 300g...... what if they are the same rug and one of the web sites has made a mistake!

found this site for anyone looking for a discount
http://www.equinecompare.co.uk/equine-voucher-codes.php

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 23:29
well old and new season could be the difference..... interestingly enough - loooked on weatherbeeta website and the orican freestyle is 360g and orican original is 300g

Jovi
28-Nov-09, 23:50
We have 2 WB Orican combo full neck,lovely rug but tail flap a bit lacking in width and depth,there is a 6'6" heavy weight on E.Clearance at £59 if you want to look..Blimey I sound like a rep for them but it's just because we've had really good rugs at good prices and great service so I tend to look there first...stands up,lowers head..and admits "my name is 'Jovi'.and.....I am A rug addict". :eek:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
28-Nov-09, 23:54
http://www.equestrianclearance.com/weatherbeeta/wetaherbeeta_orican_combo_full_neck/index.html

is that the one jovi - saw that but it says at top you might be sent the detach a neck OR the full neck original - didn't want to risk a detach a neck as there's no where to choose which you want - only the colours....

Jovi
28-Nov-09, 23:59
Thats the one but its not a choice of full or detatchable neck,its either a standard or freestyle (shoulder gussets). We ordered 2 and both are the newer freestyle :)
If you click on more images you'll see the difference

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-Nov-09, 00:03
Thats the one but its not a choice of full or detatchable neck,its either a standard or freestyle (shoulder gussets). We ordered 2 and both are the newer freestyle :)

freestyle orican also has the detachable neck though doesn't it ?? according to their website it does anyway :-(

http://www.weatherbeeta.com/UK/Proof/range/orican-fs/FS_DetachANeckHeavy.asp

but im guessing if you ordered that exact one and it had full neck i'm gonna just go for that then!!! cheers

Jovi
29-Nov-09, 00:17
Thats what we ordered..only a couple of weeks ago..(did a search for Orican detachaneck on E.C.site and got no matching results) only took 3 days to arrive and no extra cost to Highlands

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-Nov-09, 00:21
my mistake - I just assumed by going by the freestyle using description on the weatherbeeta website that it could be that....

here is an orican detach a neck on the EC website....

http://www.equestrianclearance.com/weatherbeeta/orican_detach_a_neck_turnout_rug/index.html

Jovi
29-Nov-09, 00:35
Ha..don't you love 'pooters' I did that search and got nothing! If in doubt try emailing them,if you can't find a contact I'll dig out an invoice and see if I can get an add or no. for you.:)

cat
29-Nov-09, 15:23
someone has maybe already suggested equinecompare?just type in what you are looking for,hope you find it on there,think its a great site.sorry dont have a clue how to do a link though

Loraine
29-Nov-09, 17:21
...stands up,lowers head..and admits "my name is 'Jovi'.and.....I am A rug addict". :eek:

Maybe there should be a sub-section in Pet's Corner entitled "Rug Addicts Anonymous"!! It wouldn't be short of members by the looks of this thread! :lol:

Pony
29-Nov-09, 18:37
Ive recently bought a couple of rhino hw rugs with detachable necks (stable and turnout). They are both absolute heaven....cant recommend them enough. No leaks or gaps round the neck like some others. And last years colours are available cheap on a few websites I notice. But if you go for these, a size bigger than normal I would say as they are quite neat fitting.

Good luck and happy bargain hunting!!

bumkin
06-Dec-09, 01:05
Ive recently bought a couple of rhino hw rugs with detachable necks (stable and turnout). They are both absolute heaven....cant recommend them enough. No leaks or gaps round the neck like some others. And last years colours are available cheap on a few websites I notice. But if you go for these, a size bigger than normal I would say as they are quite neat fitting.

Good luck and happy bargain hunting!!

Hey Pony, I'm looking for a 'hood/neck cover' for my HW turnout rug (last years colours!). Which websites are they available on? :D

donnick
06-Dec-09, 12:19
attach sum bricks to them :lol::lol:

Pony
06-Dec-09, 21:45
Hey Pony, I'm looking for a 'hood/neck cover' for my HW turnout rug (last years colours!). Which websites are they available on? :D

Hey - I got mine from Rideaway catalogue in the bargain basement. Dont know if you can buy the neck seperately though - mine came with the rug and included in the price (just under £100).

cocopops
13-Dec-09, 16:53
last yr i bought 2 new rugs( as i think one horse will notice that the other got a new one and be jealous haha) i commonly buy cheapish rugs yearly (£40-50) to save mending and cleaning and then use as spares. anyway last yr i bought GFS rugs, and they are excellent, fit both horses really well and dont rub, but i cant find them anywhere this yr. horses have them back on for a second yr.. so if anyone sees them...:Razz

froal
13-Dec-09, 20:02
Have you tryed the GFS web site for stocklists ! :D

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Dec-09, 22:41
as a by - I stock GFS.....

froal
14-Dec-09, 19:39
Sorry didn't know if you did or not ('Keep on truckin' )...!:D
That baby came yet ? how long now if not ? :D

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
14-Dec-09, 19:58
nah no til January 10th ...... who knows when it will arrive.... thats 4 weeks away but realisitcally they say it could be anytime withing 2 to 6 weeks......

froal
14-Dec-09, 20:07
So you got your feet up.....!
All the best ! :D i'am sure we'll all hear when he/she desides to make an apperence (spelling) !

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
14-Dec-09, 20:45
feet up I should be so lucky...seem to be busier than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!