PDA

View Full Version : Come on Academy!!!!!

tommy1979
28-Nov-09, 17:00
show that lot that us tuchters can play a good game of football!!!!!

id take rangers at ibrox in the next round :lol:

Alan16
28-Nov-09, 17:26
show that lot that us tuchters can play a good game of football!!!!!

id take rangers at ibrox in the next round :lol:

4-2!!! This is might actually happen!

igglepiggle
28-Nov-09, 17:30
i hope so!! i can imagine the atmosphere there today!!

tommy1979
28-Nov-09, 17:35
was planning on going but something came up.....pure gutted

goals galore 4-3 now :eek:

rainbow
28-Nov-09, 17:36
Apparently it is 4-3 - come on academy hold on to the final whistle - what a result if they win!!

igglepiggle
28-Nov-09, 17:39
i hope they hold out the final 15 mins! it would be good if someone who was at the game would let us know what it was like. Sitting waiting for the FT score to come up on Soccer Saturday!!

riggerboy
28-Nov-09, 17:43
whats the score now, no way of knowing the score out here, mon wfc

igglepiggle
28-Nov-09, 17:44
4-4 with about 8 mins left i think

Alan16
28-Nov-09, 17:45
4-4 with about 8 mins left i think

It is, yeah.

igglepiggle
28-Nov-09, 17:46
full time, well done wick !!!

Alan16
28-Nov-09, 17:46
Full time. 4-4.

Amy-Winehouse
28-Nov-09, 18:07
Wick played some superb stuff today, once it went 4-2 , a lot of people up there thought & dreamed of glory-me included but Brechin hung in and got an unlikely equaliser & live to fight another day.

Got to say well done to the groundstaff for making the pitch playable though, an excellent job and we had an excellent cup tie. Just a pity our boys didnt get the fifth because they certainly deserved to win it today

28-Nov-09, 18:45
This thread has been moved to sports section where it belongs as it has a better chance of staying at the top rather than being lost in the general section.

Amy-Winehouse
28-Nov-09, 18:49
This thread has been moved to sports section where it belongs as it has a better chance of staying at the top rather than being lost in the general section.

Aye okay then, over a thousand people were there today- Im sure there s a lot want to talk about it. It really should be in the general but Im not going to get infractions because I disagree with you matey:Razz

Liz
28-Nov-09, 18:52
I am not a football fan but well done Wick as it sounds like you played a great game!:D

bettedaviseyes
28-Nov-09, 18:58
i had 10 notes on them till win 60 back never mind still a great result tho hope we go onto win the next match with them:D

Stack Rock
28-Nov-09, 19:56
Gutted - Academy did not deserve to lose.
Congratulations to the grounds staff for making the pitch playable after the heavy overnight rain although it was very 'heavy'

Brizer2k7
28-Nov-09, 21:06
I was right. thought it might be a draw but never 4-4 !!! watch out Brechin City...........Wickers coming to town !!! :eek:

morvenview
28-Nov-09, 21:18
Academy played some fantastic football. What a great advert for HFL.
Every player played great and deserved a win but taking nothing away from Brechin they took thier chances well.
Well done both teams for a truly fantastic game.

veritas
28-Nov-09, 23:14
crowd was fantastic I think it was around 1700 what an atomosphere Glebe Park here we come

Number47
29-Nov-09, 18:22
Brechin will be hoping it keeps raining, coz if Academy can play such superb football on a waterlogged pitch imagine how good it could be in the dry."Wick Academy Four Goals Every Week". Could be the club motto.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
29-Nov-09, 20:56
Fantastic result for the Scorries.The Dream isnae over yet,show no fear and Brechin are done for.C'mon the Wick:)

embow
29-Nov-09, 23:31
Everything the fans need to know about Glebe Park. The bit about the sun in your eyes on the Hedge side is very true especially at this time of year. A somewhat unique wee ground but always been a nice place to visit, although the local youths can sometimes be 'entertaining' post match!;) particularly should the City be defeated.
http://www.fanzone.co.uk/Team/Brechin-City-Football-Club.aspx

Number47
30-Nov-09, 01:01
I found this thread which tells things from a Brechin perspective.
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119272
Thought the pitch would be blamed, lets prove them wrong!

rob murray
30-Nov-09, 11:58
Brechin may now think that due to home advantage they can confident... but we have a great record of scoring goals on the road... Clach 2 WAFC 5 Fraserburgh 1 WAFC 4, Girvan 1 WAFC 4 etc.... On saturdays evidence, Brechin are no better than a top 6 HFL side...so we are still in this with a strong chance.

embow
30-Nov-09, 16:03
An away tie against Ayr if they get through:~(.

Metalattakk
30-Nov-09, 16:05
Away to Ayr Utd in the next round. All to play for on Saturday. :)

Edit: Embow, Ayr are currently relgation fodder in the First Division - no better really than Brechin, it might be suggested. Nothing to worry about there... ;)

cherokee
30-Nov-09, 16:49
Sorry, I'm no really into football, but The Scorries did themselves proud on Saturday !!!

Forgive my ignorance, but when is the the game between Brechin and Academy played away - is it this coming Saturday ?

Metalattakk
30-Nov-09, 16:56
Forgive my ignorance, but when is the the game between Brechin and Academy played away - is it this coming Saturday ?

Aye, Saturday the 5th.

embow
30-Nov-09, 20:15
Away to Ayr Utd in the next round. All to play for on Saturday. :)

Edit: Embow, Ayr are currently relgation fodder in the First Division - no better really than Brechin, it might be suggested. Nothing to worry about there... ;)
I beg to differ as having seen both Ayr and Brechin in action over the last year believe you me there is quite a gulf between the bottom of Division One and the Second Division. Anyway it is immaterial, until, or, unless Academy get through the replay.

Mr P Cannop
30-Nov-09, 22:22
has any one seen the sports pages of the sun newspaper today ?? page 16& page 17 ??

wickscorrie
01-Dec-09, 14:01
Hi does anyone know if any supporters are trying to run a minibus/bus to the game in Bechin on Saturday.

JEBriskham
01-Dec-09, 15:39
Hi does anyone know if any supporters are trying to run a minibus/bus to the game in Bechin on Saturday.

Wickscorrie - Yes a bus is being planned, details on the Academy web site (http://www.wick-academy.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=735&Itemid=9).

Cedric Farthsbottom III
01-Dec-09, 23:52
I found this thread which tells things from a Brechin perspective.
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119272
Thought the pitch would be blamed, lets prove them wrong!

Cheers for the link Number47.:)If Wick can do the business in Brechin,Ayr United are easy to beat.Better atmosphere at the Hammies than there is at the rust bucket they call Somerset Park.[lol]

Tom Cornwall
02-Dec-09, 20:27
Fantastic result for the Scorries.The Dream isnae over yet,show no fear and Brechin are done for.C'mon the Wick:)

I hope that Academy play as good this week-end as they obviously did last week-end, and win...then go on to beat Ayr in the next round...it's not beyond them...

AllanT
02-Dec-09, 23:21
In case you have not yet read your copy of the Brechin advertiser I have attached a link to their report on last weekends game.

http://www.brechinadvertiser.co.uk/sport/Fortune-favours-City-in-eightgoal.5870176.jp

AfternoonDelight
03-Dec-09, 16:33
An extremely fair, well written article...

Just one point -

"Wick began to tire a little and the home crowd seemed to kick every ball."

Why did Academy not put on their subs to make sure they kept their lead??

moshmosh
03-Dec-09, 18:36
An extremely fair, well written article...

Just one point -

"Wick began to tire a little and the home crowd seemed to kick every ball."

Why did Academy not put on their subs to make sure they kept their lead??

When Academy are in a winning position by the single goal Titchie and Zeekie always try to keep the same team until the end, seen them do it a number of times and it usually works. No disrespect to the players on the bench but I don't think throwing on any of the subs would have made a difference in the end.

veritas
04-Dec-09, 18:11
It would appear some Gable Endies from Montrose are coming to support Academy

see link for some ammusing views and coments

http://gableend.blogspot.com/

Invisible
04-Dec-09, 20:56
It would appear some Gable Endies from Montrose are coming to support Academy

see link for some ammusing views and coments

http://gableend.blogspot.com/

I like the reference to Village People, Duffy's mustache he grew for Movember earn't him a place in the Village People's lookalike band.

If this match wasn't so close to xmas would probably go but financial commitments are tying me down.

Amy-Winehouse
05-Dec-09, 12:57
I like the reference to Village People, Duffy's mustache he grew for Movember earn't him a place in the Village People's lookalike band.

If this match wasn't so close to xmas would probably go but financial commitments are tying me down.

Im no going today either as im working but I will be at the Lossie game in 2 weeks time, hopefully Academy will do the town proud yet again today & face Ayr on the 9th January.
Cmey Academy

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 12:44
When Academy are in a winning position by the single goal Titchie and Zeekie always try to keep the same team until the end, seen them do it a number of times and it usually works. No disrespect to the players on the bench but I don't think throwing on any of the subs would have made a difference in the end.

I disagree.

Brizer2k7
08-Dec-09, 16:38
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8401658.stm

JEBriskham
08-Dec-09, 20:59
Also highlights as the match unfolds live on the Academy web site http://www.wick-academy.co.uk

Number47
08-Dec-09, 21:30
1-1 at the moment Academy equalise through Sam Mackay penalty.

suzy
08-Dec-09, 21:32
Just heard from my son it's 2-1 Brechin (grrrr.)

Hen Broon
08-Dec-09, 22:02
3-1 Brechin now after 57 minutes ,not looking good

scorpion
08-Dec-09, 22:16
4 v 1 ,running out of time

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 22:19
Gutted for them, all that travelling and time off work... aye, Brechin knew what they were doing on Saturday all right! [disgust]

Stack Rock
08-Dec-09, 22:20
More bad news - now 4 - 1 down

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 22:23
Aye - check above! ;)

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 22:24
Go on Richard MacAdemy!!! lol

Stack Rock
08-Dec-09, 22:30
Better news - now 4 -2 Richard MacAdie

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 22:34
MHM - indeed!

buggyracer
08-Dec-09, 22:34
even if it finishes at 4-2 they have done very well considering, a real pity it didnt get played on sat :~(

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 22:36
Totally, buggyracer - they were so up for it on Saturday! Had the fire in their bellies... such a disappointment!

You're right though - they have done us proud!! Heads up lads!!! :cool:

flowertot
08-Dec-09, 22:49
Any word on how the Scorries got on tonight?

mrjolly
08-Dec-09, 22:52
4-1 brechin

AfternoonDelight
08-Dec-09, 22:54
No 4-2 Brechin - in the sports section where this will no doubt be moved to in a mo...

The Pepsi Challenge
09-Dec-09, 02:53
Unlucky Wick. They did well to get this far.