PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Orkney from Wick?

Kingetter
22-Apr-06, 03:21
Is it true? Someone told me it was on the news today (Friday) and it aint April 1st.

willowbankbear
22-Apr-06, 08:08
There certainly used to be a few years back, How much does it cost? And how much does the flight to Aberdeen cost?

Kingetter
22-Apr-06, 09:28
There certainly used to be a few years back, How much does it cost? And how much does the flight to Aberdeen cost?
You'd think someone else would have heard about it or maybe nobody cares?

giggs
22-Apr-06, 09:31
yes, you are correct. from 29th May flights are available from Wick to Kirkwall mon to fri leaving Wick at 1100hrs and from Kirkwall to Wick leaving Kirkwall at 1500hrs.

Obviously double check that info by calling the Airline at Wick and they will be able to give you price info also.

Kingetter
22-Apr-06, 09:42
Great, thanks, but I might wait till the 40% discount comes in to force.

airdlass
22-Apr-06, 13:33
I used to use the Kirkwall to Wick quite often - it was usually a tiny wee six seater - you felt like you were sitting in a car. On one occasion my mother had to sit in the front beside the pilot and he kept looking at his map! Freaked us out a bit I can tell you.

Kingetter
22-Apr-06, 13:55
I used to use the Kirkwall to Wick quite often - it was usually a tiny wee six seater - you felt like you were sitting in a car. On one occasion my mother had to sit in the front beside the pilot and he kept looking at his map! Freaked us out a bit I can tell you.
So no inflight movies then?

EDDIE
22-Apr-06, 17:03

The only problem the fairs are very expensive you would be cheaper hiring a bus all to yourself its that dear its very annoying you can go buy plane from wick to aberdeen 25 mins i would love to be able to travel from aberdeen to wick in that time but unfortunatley its not worth the money they charge

Kingetter
22-Apr-06, 17:20
But with the 40% off (for those who qualify), due to come in this year, it will make Orkney possible for those that can't travel by sea.

MileHigh
22-Apr-06, 17:44
Also Increased Flights to Edinburgh 2 Flights A day

Kingetter
22-Apr-06, 19:12
Also Increased Flights to Edinburgh 2 Flights A day
Daily? or once/twice a week?

MileHigh
22-Apr-06, 20:44
Twice Every Weekday
BA8894 Depart Wick 14.10
BA8898 Depart Wick 15.45

Flights to Aberdeen are quite expensive but if you book in advance you can get it for £ 99 return.

Eastern Rumoured to be looking at sunday flights hopefully