PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do rug repairs?

Robertson
28-Nov-09, 00:36
hey there:)

is there anyone that repairs horse rugs ? im sure a saw a thread from someone a lil while back saying so ?

cheers x

Kevin Milkins
28-Nov-09, 00:40
hey there:)

is there anyone that repairs horse rugs ? im sure a saw a thread from someone a lil while back saying so ?

cheers x

Try this number and ask for Gill. 07775725953. Good luck.

Pony
28-Nov-09, 20:15
The shoe repair shoppy in Thurso also does rug repairs - have put a few there over the years and they always do a good job.

u502007
30-Nov-09, 00:35
Hi there, I'm Gill. I operate a small equine laundry and repair workroom that caters for any kind of horse rug problem. We have recently taken delivery of a 22kg washer so that we can better cater for the bigger horse-you can practically fit the horse into it aswell!
I urge all you rug lovers to support my small business, in return I will endeavour to give you all my personal attention. I am based near to John O'Groats but collect weekly from Thurso and Wick districts. I also do trips further South to Lybster and beyond.
I have tried attaching my current price list-not very successful, though.
Support my business and make sending rugs away, a thing of the past.
You can get in touch by phone-07775725953, 01955 611748
or e mail quoys.horselaundry@virgin.net

Prices (include VAT)
Wash / Dry
De hair
Reproof
Any size Turnout Rugs (including combos)
£10.00
£1.50
£5.00
Hood
£2.50
FOC
£2.00
Stable Rug
£7.50
£1.50

Cooler / Summer Sheet
£6.00
£1.50

Numnah / Saddle Cloth
£1.50
FOC

Travel Boots (Set of 4)
£6.00
FOC

Large household items/pet beds etc
POA
N/A

Weekly uplift/return of tradesman overalls
POA
N/A

Thanks for your support so far,
Gill Shepherd, Quoys of Canisbay

donnick
30-Nov-09, 17:16
hello didn't know this service existed so will defo be using it ..Gill do u do rug repairs like buckles resewing on and whats ur turn around time :D

tonkatojo
30-Nov-09, 17:34
There's a bloke in Inverness called Tom Morrow, he does canvass sails,covers and the likes I'm sure he would repair horse sheets with new eyelets and buckles or make the whole thing, he was reasonable when I used him many years back, might be worth a phone call.

u502007
30-Nov-09, 18:03
I do anything that is required to put a damaged rug back together. Repair/replace buckles, straps, missing panels as well as replacing tail flaps, badly torn front panels-basically ANYTHING! No challenge has beaten me so far..............I'm only a phone call away
Best wishes
Gill Shepherd
Quoys of Canisbay

tonkatojo
30-Nov-09, 18:06
I do anything that is required to put a damaged rug back together. Repair/replace buckles, straps, missing panels as well as replacing tail flaps, badly torn front panels-basically ANYTHING! No challenge has beaten me so far..............I'm only a phone call away
Best wishes
Gill Shepherd
Quoys of Canisbay

This is a lot closer than Inverness as well, thumbs up.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
30-Nov-09, 18:09
Best wishes
Gill Shepherd
Quoys of Canisbay

she did a good job of making me a COMPLETELY new tail flap on a rambo.....

ps Gill half the ones you did shannon has snagged again so they're coming back - let me know when you have room / time

Bakerbhoy
01-Dec-09, 00:01
Can highly recommend Gillian, I got a rug, washed, reproofed and repaired, had it back in under 2 wks and was very reasonable too. Delighted :)

u502007
16-Dec-09, 08:33
Seasonal Greetings to you all..........just to let you know that I am offering Gift vouchers starting at £15-any rug lovers that you don't know what to buy them for Christmas?
Merry Christmas xx

Jovi
16-Dec-09, 14:14
Another thumbs up for a great local service..2 rugs returned..to the door!Clean,repaired and proofed...brilliant. Highly recommend Gill's work,nice lady too. 'Merry Christmas' to you from us both..and 2 happy horses. :lol: