PDA

View Full Version : Helen McKenzie Bain

sasenach
27-Nov-09, 22:55
Helen McKenzie Bain was born 18th November 1869 in Wick. She was the illigitimate daughter of Isabella Bain.
In the 1871 Census for Green Road Wick she is 1 year old and living with (amongst others) her Mother and another sister Andrewina Robertson.
I can find no reference to Helen after this census. In the 1881 census her sister Andrewina and a brother George are living with their Grandparents in Sarclet, Wick as Isabella her mother died in 1878. No sign of Helen.
Can anyone throw any light as to what happened to Helen. I cannot find any reference to a death in Scotlands People.
Thank you for reading this and any help greatly appreciated.
Kathleen

kimmie
28-Nov-09, 11:37
I have found Andrewina's death, she died on 27th Jan 1947 at 47 Henrietta street, Wick aged 79 other surnames are Donaldson and Bain. she was married to Alexandre Ross Donaldson who was a cooper. her parents were Isabella Bain (domestic servant) and James Robertson (foreman Joiner) both deceased.

Try looking at the Welsh Census...I have found

Name: Helen BainBirth: abt 1866 - Wick, Caithness, ScotlandResidence: 1891 - Abbey Cwmhir, Abbey Cwm Hir, Radnorshire, Wales

Name: Helen BainBirth: abt 1868 - Caithoness Wick N BResidence: 1901 - Abbey Cwmhir, Radnorshire, Wales

But i also found this in the 1901 census in Scotland

Name: Helen BainBirth: abt 1868 - Wick, CaithnessResidence: Edinburgh St Cuthberts, Midlothian

I hope that helps some...if it is the one in Wales then she married

Name: Helen BainMarriage: Jun 1902 - Rhayader, Breconshire, Radnorshire.

I hope all that is helpful, good luck in your search
Kimmie x

sasenach
28-Nov-09, 17:09
Many many thanks for that. I did have Andrewinas Death record but will further try and check out the Welsh connection. She could possibly have been adopted by someone in the family who then went off to Wales.
Kathleen:D