PDA

View Full Version : RIP Kirk

sweetpea
27-Nov-09, 11:47
My poor wee hamster died in my hand last night. I'm gutted. Dilemma now do I get another one like I'm being told to do. I don't think I could face seeing another one in his home.
I've got a large rats cage on 3 levels with lots of toys and various things like a critter cruiser and track. If I don't get a hamster what else could I keep in this set up?

shazzap
27-Nov-09, 12:09
My poor wee hamster died in my hand last night. I'm gutted. Dilemma now do I get another one like I'm being told to do. I don't think I could face seeing another one in his home.
I've got a large rats cage on 3 levels with lots of toys and various things like a critter cruiser and track. If I don't get a hamster what else could I keep in this set up?

Do what your heart tells you Sweetpea. I always go with my gut instincts now.

teenybash
27-Nov-09, 12:52
You will know when the time is right............RIP wee Kirk

Liz
27-Nov-09, 13:22
So sorry on the loss of wee Kirk.:(

Don't be in any hurry to make a decision, as Teenybash and Shazzap said, just go with your heart.

I am sure Kirk wouldn't mind another pet in his home as he will just want you to be happy.

Hibeechick
27-Nov-09, 13:40
So sorry :(

I lost my wee Erin a couple of months back. Was absoloutely gutted! Can't personally face having another one.

RIP Kirk xxx

Loraine
27-Nov-09, 16:21

Don't let anyone tell you what to do - you have to decide for yourself! Sounds like Kirk had a mansion if he had the run of a 3-level rats cage!! A friend of mine had a cage like that and 3 rats happily lived in it. I have 2 gerbils myself and will be gutted if and when they die. They're such sweet little things and have their own individual little personalities. But I must admit I was really smitten with my friend's rats and would be tempted to get a pair of rats next time - they're very sociable and when you handle them they don't scurry all over the place like gerbils/hamsters tend to!!

Anyway, so sorry to hear of your loss and I'm sure you'll make the right decision when you're ready for it.

BINBOB
27-Nov-09, 16:27
Bless u wee Kirk.:(

Sorry............

cuddlepop
27-Nov-09, 18:25
Its too soon sweetpea grieve for a wee while and then see how you feel.

RIp Kirk.:~(

purplelady
28-Nov-09, 00:33
So sorry to hear about kirk we have a hamster called buffy she is 18 months old and i will be gutted when she goes she is the cutist little hamster and so tame sits in your hand and can be hand fed , and convinced she is half mouse lol x

Kevin Milkins
28-Nov-09, 00:46
Sorry to hear that you have had to experience the loss of a loved pet Sweatpea.:(

I should give it some time and see for yourself if the gap that Kirk has left needs to be filled.

sweetpea
28-Nov-09, 11:50
Thanks for all your replies.
Well I made the mistake of going to Pets at Home, just for a look of course:roll:(temptation too much when I go there)
Came home with a lovely orange and white long haired Syrian, he is a lively wee thing, wasting no time in getting to know his new home.
Of course I had to consider my housebun Gordon as Kirk was his pal, thankfully he has instantly bonded with him, so has someone to kiss goodnight again. No name yet, waiting to see what sort of personality he has.
There is a gorgeous male rabbit in there for rehoming, called Nuzzle, looks like he has a bit of lionhead in him. That's the trouble with P@H, I come away not being able to stop thinking about all the lovely critters.

Liz
28-Nov-09, 14:16
Oh I know what you mean about going to Pets At Home Sweetpea. I want to take all the lovely critturs home!!!:confused

So glad that you managed to get another wee companion for Gordon and, although I know he will not replace Kirk in your heart he will fill the gap which was left and make his own special place.

Photos please!:lol: