PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank You

mop top
27-Nov-09, 10:13
Hi This could be a long post so bear with me!:D

First of all i would like to say a big thank you to Kathy for what she has done for Zoom he is a gorgeous boy and so deserved to find a loving home. Fingers crossed for puppy she took in last night but sounds like he too is set for life:lol: if he can wrap teenybash round his paw, which knowing lurchers i am sure he will;).

Another big thank you to all that pestered the life out of the mods for a doggy rehoming section to help and eventually beat Moira into submission lol. Sure this will be really helpful if i can just suss how to upload photos! maybe someone on here could give me a crash course!

I have been suffering from back problems since June and following recent scans etc it became apparent that i have 2 slipped discs one of which is directly over my Sciatic nerve. The pain has been getting increasingly worse although i just did not want to give up as there were so many dogs needing help! Anyway to cut a long story short my leg just completely went yesterday and i am struggling now to even walk short distances within the house without a walking aid. On waiting list for emergency Discectomy in Aberdeen which hopefully will have done before the end of year.

Just wanted to let everyone know that i have not abandoned ship i will still be around in the backround doing what i can from the phone and pc. My work colleague will be taking over the dog warden duties until i am able to return to work her user name is Buddy so please contact her on same tel no 01955 607735 or pm her with any doggy issues. Thanks to everyone on here for the amazing support and help you have all given me and i hope to be back to work in the early half of next year.

Feel a whole lot better now about being off thanks to the like of Kathy and all the other wonderful foster mums and dads who are championing the case for our poor abandoned canine friends. The 2 lurcher females that were picked up earlier in the week are both doing well and it looks as if i may have two failed fosterers cos both have said they are 99.9% sure that when the 7 days are up then they will be officially adopting them.

cheers anne x

ShelleyCowie
27-Nov-09, 10:57
I really really hope you get better soon! :)

You do an excellent job for those animals and i dont think some people understand how much work it must be for you! But im glad you are taking some rest time to ensure you dont hurt yourself even more!

If you need help uploading photos just gimme a shout! And im sure some of the other pets corner people would be happy to help.

If you need to you can email me the photos and i can upload them for you! (Just drop me a pm for my email addy)

Fingers crossed you get better soon!

Shelley x

Liz
27-Nov-09, 13:27
So sorry to hear that you are in such pain Anne and hope you won't have to wait too long for the op.

We are lucky to have such a dedicated and caring Dog Warden in Caithness and I am sure we all wish you a very speedy recovery.

Take good care. xxx

shazzap
27-Nov-09, 13:30
Get well soon.

evelyn
27-Nov-09, 15:48
Sorry to hear that Anne. Hope you get sorted out soon. Mind and keep in touch.
Evelyn

BINBOB
27-Nov-09, 16:26
Really hope u get ur op. very soon and wishing u a speedy recovery....u are a star.;)

BalmoreSSPCA
27-Nov-09, 16:31
Hi Anne, I truely hope that you will get your operation very soon and that you will soon be pain free. If I can do anything to help you or your colleague out, then you both have my mobile number. Just ask. Get well Soon

Love Audrey
(SSPCA Ispector)

unicorn
27-Nov-09, 16:40
Take care of yourself and get better soon :D

cuddlepop
27-Nov-09, 18:21
Sorry to hear your in such pain,hopefully you'll be seen asap so the people of caithness can have their "doggy " champion back and pussy cats before I'm lynched.:lol:

Kathy is an amazing woman with all she does for her animals and her fosterers.
Scorrie is a credit to her,such a lovley natured dog.

I want to thank the mods too for giving us our sticky.:D

Kathy@watten
28-Nov-09, 17:21
Many thanks to everyone who has sent me such nice PMs makes a pleasant change from the usual insult throwing on here! I am delighted to have found both Zoom and Pie such loving homes so quickly and would do the same again given the chance as it has been very gratifying work. Should the dog warden pick up any more waifs and strays before they get their kennels up and running by all means I will do my best to accomodate any visitors to my kennels here. I think this fostering has taught my kids a valuable lesson about people not only are there really kind loving families but there are also the thoughtless folk who abandon and mistreat their pets. this has certainly raised a few deep conversations about animal care and societies throw away culture. The dog wardens work very hard indeed in what is probably a somewhat thankless task when they get to deal with fouling and the offending owners! Must be nice for a few happy endings!!