PDA

View Full Version : Argos and New look

Funky_Foal
21-Apr-06, 18:37
Does anyone know when argos and new look are opening?

moose and Lindsay
21-Apr-06, 18:42
It was in wed paper, 2 weeks argos is open

don't know about new look

Hope i got that right :confused

footie chick
21-Apr-06, 18:51
New Look opens on Thursday 27th cant wait:lol:

neepnipper
21-Apr-06, 19:05
Argos opens May 4th (was in Inverness yesterday and asked in the store there) and New Look opens next Thursday.

Funky_Foal
21-Apr-06, 21:17
Thanks everyone!!

dragonfly
27-Apr-06, 14:29
Has anyone been to New Look today? thinking about taking my daughter through today after school but want to make sure its open first

footie chick
27-Apr-06, 14:34
Yeah its open. was very busy this morning some quite nice stuff. Teenagers stuff was cool. shame everyone will be wearing the same things!

krieve
27-Apr-06, 14:35
yes its open i'm going down later

dirdyweeker
27-Apr-06, 14:36
Yes it is definately open and was very busy when I went up this mornig. I had heard they were doing boys clothes but sadly there was none. The mens clothing would fit teens but I am looking for the 10 to 16 year olds. A market space there for some of the locals.? Mackays more or less stop at 10/11 and McAllans have a small selection but not much variety, Gunns also cater for teen boys but not younger. Aw well will still have to shop in Inverness. Roll on Asda and Tesco......get boys clothing there!

footie chick
27-Apr-06, 14:38
think Butress do boys clothes in the age your looking for

dirdyweeker
27-Apr-06, 14:46
Are they not more sports names? Adidas etc? Will certainly have a look next time I am up though. Thanks

dragonfly
27-Apr-06, 14:56
thanks all, will head through before everything is sold out. I have same problem as you dirdyweeker, can get nothing locally to fit my 12 year old boy, thats within my price bracket and thats cool enough for him to wear!

maybe worth someone thinking about filling a niche in the market

angela5
27-Apr-06, 15:26
New Look has a girls section 9-16 year olds, i wonder why they never did this for boys. Anyway was up there this morning and it's really nice.
Dragonfly, you'll be going home with an empty purse. It's every teenage girls dream come true up there.:grin:

dragonfly
27-Apr-06, 15:35
haaha, hopefully not, she got gift vouchers for her birthday which she can spend

Funky_Foal
27-Apr-06, 16:17
i was in new look today its great!!

dragonfly
27-Apr-06, 18:30
sure is, great range of stock in there catering for all tastes, shapes and sizes, thank goodness we are in thurso as I think that all her pocket money would be spent in there each week!

Bingobabe
27-Apr-06, 18:39
Love newlook was there this afternoon was really busy good selection of clothes will go back a look tomorrow will put a big dent in my wages lol.:confused

Fran
27-Apr-06, 23:46
New Look seems to be just for younger and smaller women!!!

2little2late
27-Apr-06, 23:49
Was quite disappointed when I was told New look don't do clothes for the younger child 9-10 yr old. Even more disappointed when I was told they WON'T be doing clothes for the younger child either. The wee man is quite upset. It still won't stop us shopping there though, it is an excellent shop.

The Angel Of Death
28-Apr-06, 00:35
sure is, great range of stock in there catering for all tastes, shapes and sizes, thank goodness we are in thurso as I think that all her pocket money would be spent in there each week!
Cant have been the same new look i was in !!!

Exactly anything over or above the norm and like most cloths shops up hear there not interested

Took one look at the blokes stuff and nothing was larger than xl and the trousers strangly enough didnt go beyone a 36" waist and i also noticed a few other blokes with the same look on as i has as well to say i wasnt chuffed was an understatement

Seems to me that nowhere locally will cater for anything over a 38" - 40" waist i aint asking for much just a few pairs of jeans and a nice shirt etc some shops have a section for the larger lady so why not the same for blokes ???

Maybe i can just buy two of each and staple them together ???

dirdyweeker
28-Apr-06, 00:41
I did notice some bigger sizes to the back and right end of the shop. Remember thjough you are only as old as you feel. Bags, jewellery and shoes though would do for any age. Nice too.

Fran
28-Apr-06, 17:49
Tesco have mens jeans in large sizes for £3 and they wash well, also mens t shirts for £1.75.

Bingobabe
28-Apr-06, 22:41
Newlook have and are catering for the larger lady as i was speaking to a lady who is a size 20.And she says she loves newlook as she can always get clothes to fit her.So when i was there today i noticed that they have sizes for over a size 20.

Fran
28-Apr-06, 23:30
I must have a look again, i couldnt have been looking in the right places!!

angela5
29-Apr-06, 00:50
I must have a look again, i couldnt have been looking in the right places!!

At the back fran, on your right as you go in the door.:o)

2little2late
29-Apr-06, 14:13
I was speaking to the storemanager of New Look today and she told me that as New Look was mainly aimed at the older female, the teen girls and menswear were relatively new lines and they may start a range of the younger male in the future. Let's hope they do. Maybe with enough public pressure they will.

obiron
29-Apr-06, 18:11
hope they do start for younger boys. its really poor up here especially for my oldest. he needs a few new things but its so expensive.

Sianymo
29-Apr-06, 19:17
I was speaking to the storemanager of New Look today and she told me that as New Look was mainly aimed at the older female, the teen girls and menswear were relatively new lines and they may start a range of the younger male in the future. Let's hope they do. Maybe with enough public pressure they will.

I'm surprised! I haven't been in to New Look yet, not even in Inverness, as I thought as many others I have spoken to that they catered for teenagers.... oh well! In THAT case..... will be visiting there shortly!

:D

young_fishin_neep
29-Apr-06, 19:22
i love newlook and i am 14 they have stylish stuff that both teenagers and adults can wear which also mean sthat the sizes range alot. caint wait for agos though as i love the place and need some new stuff fromt here an was gonn go to inverness but now i dont have to :D

kaz xx

krieve
04-May-06, 17:59
Does anyone know what time argos is open to tonight????

gee
04-May-06, 18:06
could anyone tell me the range of sizes in womens clothing.

Bingobabe
04-May-06, 18:10
could anyone tell me the range of sizes in womens clothing.I think its from a size 8 to a size 26

Macwull
04-May-06, 18:13
I'm sure it said in the courier that it was open to 8 most nights

elaine
04-May-06, 18:14
Well I'm 28 and I shop in New Look quite often down here (cumbernauld) because of the larger sizes - their "big bit" goes up to a 26 - great for t-shirts, jackets and shoes!! Plus they have quite a quick turn around of stock so it's worth checking in every few weeks!

gee
04-May-06, 18:15
thanx bingo babe. thats great range of sizes. much appreciated for letting me know

krieve
04-May-06, 18:19
Thanks for that Macwull i will go down a look .

gee
04-May-06, 18:24
sounds good to me elaine. i will definitely check it out

EDDIE
04-May-06, 18:53
Tesco have mens jeans in large sizes for £3 and they wash well, also mens t shirts for £1.75.

The good thing as well tesco,asda and matilon there cloths in general is very cheap so if you spill or damage your cloths its not that big a deal given the price you have paid for as well as its handy if your going for a night out and fancy a new top for that occasion its not dear at all and its fashionable cloths as well thats a bonus
Caithness isnt half getting spoilt with new shops and about time too

EDDIE
04-May-06, 18:56
Late night shopping in caithness the local shops wont no whats hit them lol

young_fishin_neep
04-May-06, 19:08
i went to new look today an it was ok some stuff not my taste but others fine :) only whent 20 miles to get a pair of black trousers and a nosey :D lol

kaz xx

dirdyweeker
07-May-06, 18:28

that would be great. My 12 year old is limited to choice in Wick. HE would certainly appreciate it. Will need to keep asking on a regular basis.