PDA

View Full Version : Megan

Kevin Milkins
26-Nov-09, 09:28
We have been up all night with our sweet old girl, Megan.:confused
She has started to have fits and they have become closer together in the last 24 hours.
If the medication we have been given to help bring the fits under control has little effect, we will have to make the hardest decision of our life today.:~(
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/06_24_2.jpg?t=1259223591

Kathy@watten
26-Nov-09, 09:49
Sorry to hear your dog is unwell, tough one for you both as I know your dogs are part of your family. Thinking of you.

cuddlepop
26-Nov-09, 10:13
Oh Kevin thats such sad news,will be thinking of you all.:~(

carasmam
26-Nov-09, 11:41
Oh Kevin, paws crossed the meds help. I'll be thinking off you x

shazzap
26-Nov-09, 11:59
We have been up all night with our sweet old girl, Megan.:confused
She has started to have fits and they have become closer together in the last 24 hours.
If the medication we have been given to help bring the fits under control has little effect, we will have to make the hardest decision of our life today.:~(
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/06_24_2.jpg?t=1259223591
Ah what a sweet face, hope the medication works.
I know how you are feeling, have been in that place myself.

tonkatojo
26-Nov-09, 12:05
I had the same decision a few year back with this old lad "bonzo" was his name, good luck with the medication.

jac1791
26-Nov-09, 12:21
Ah sorry to read about Megan, please keep us updated, hopefully the medication will kick in soon ..x

ShelleyCowie
26-Nov-09, 13:30
Sorry to hear about Megan! Really hope the medication kicks in and helps! Thinking of you and poor megan! x:(

brandy
26-Nov-09, 14:15
sitting here with fingers crossed for you hun! let us know how shes doing!

K.B
26-Nov-09, 14:17
hope the meds work kevin

Liz
26-Nov-09, 14:27
Oh Kevin I am sorry to hear this and know how you will be feeling.:~(

Like the others I really hope the meds will work.

Thinking of you.

teenybash
26-Nov-09, 15:45
My heart aches for you and your lovely Megan....thinking of you.:~(

BINBOB
26-Nov-09, 15:58
U are in my thoughts and prayers.:(

Sandra_B
26-Nov-09, 16:12
Hope the medication is helping now.

Kevin Milkins
26-Nov-09, 17:32
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and it's times like this that the comfort of your fellow orgers really counts.

Things are looking OK just now and she has not had a fit since early this morning, although she has been like a zombie with the strong drugs she is on.:eek:

I am optimistic that if we can keep her quiet and "fit free" until tomorrow we may be able to wean her off the drugs and on to a specific drug that will counter the fits.

Hopefully, the underlying problem is a metabolic issue and not a mass.

shazzap
26-Nov-09, 17:47
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and it's times like this that the comfort of your fellow orgers really counts.

Things are looking OK just now and she has not had a fit since early this morning, although she has been like a zombie with the strong drugs she is on.:eek:

I am optimistic that if we can keep her quiet and "fit free" until tomorrow we may be able to wean her off the drugs and on to a specific drug that will counter the fits.

Hopefully, the underlying problem is a metabolic issue and not a mass.

Good news. :)

changilass
26-Nov-09, 17:57
Thats great news, we will keep our fingers crossed for now.

teenybash
26-Nov-09, 18:11
We've just all gotta keep on prayin' for sweet Megan.....I certainly will.:eek:

unicorn
26-Nov-09, 18:24
I am so pleased she is settled. Keep positive Megan feels it xx

Liz
26-Nov-09, 19:06
Kevin I am so glad that looks are looking a bit better for the lovely Megan.

I will certainly keep her in my prayers and be sending healing light her way.

Sandra_B
26-Nov-09, 19:10
Keeping my fingers crossed for your Megan.

fuzzypeg
26-Nov-09, 19:11
our thoughts are with you.hope she holds on

BINBOB
26-Nov-09, 19:30
Everything crossed here...

dragonfly
26-Nov-09, 19:34
I know exactly what you're going through Kevin, as it is just a month ago I had to make the same decision with Bracken - I'm sure you will make the right decision for Megan even if its not the right decision for you.

my heart goes out to you but hopefully Megan will bounce back from this, fingers crossed

jac1791
26-Nov-09, 19:34
how is megan tonight?? hope she has had a peaceful day, my dalmation took fits for a bit and it was so awful to sit through especially for my kids to witness-- hope all is ok tonight

Kevin Milkins
26-Nov-09, 19:44
how is megan tonight?? hope she has had a peaceful day, my dalmation took fits for a bit and it was so awful to sit through especially for my kids to witness-- hope all is ok tonight

She has had a quiet day, so that in itself is positive and although she is absolutely monged with the drugs she does not look in any stress at all.

I know what you are saying about it being upsetting for anyone to witness a fit, but although it looks very dramatic and painful, they actually feel nothing or remember anything when they come out of it as long as they don't bump themselves about when they are fitting.

Thank you all once again for your kind thoughts and messages.

Jovi
26-Nov-09, 21:18
Hi Kevin,so sorry to hear about Megan,heres hoping the medication will do the trick, fingers crossed

cuddlepop
26-Nov-09, 21:39
Thanks Kevin for keeping us updated,hears hoping Megan has a good night and try and get some sleep yourself.:)

BillyEspie
26-Nov-09, 22:34
Hi Kevin, Hi Dawn and the dogs, We are really saddened to hear about the news of our little angel, the sweetest dog we have ever looked after, we really hope she gets well soon and hope the medication haelps alot. keep us informed please, cuddles and kisses for Megan xxx ooo

Fran
27-Nov-09, 00:55
Thinking of you all, hope megan is still improving, i'm sure she will, and kisses to megan from bobbyxxxxx

Foxy
27-Nov-09, 01:02
Kevin i know what your going through, it's nearly 3 months since i had to make that decision about Kim. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the pills work for Megan.

Margaret M.
27-Nov-09, 01:24
What a sweet post from Megan's dogsitter. Boxers seem to have a lovely temperament and it sounds like Megan is no exception. I'm glad to hear she is doing a little better. I sure hope things stay on the recovery path. Here's hoping you all get a good night's sleep tonight and things look much better tomorrow.

Iffy
27-Nov-09, 12:30
Hi Kevin,

So sorry to hear about "wee :eek:" Megan.

I really hope she has improved this morning and is on the road to recovery. This must be a very difficult time for you and Dawn.

Wishing you all the very best and, I too, will be hoping and praying for Megan. Much love.

highlander
27-Nov-09, 12:37
Hope things are looking better today kevin, such a worry when our pets are ill

teenybash
27-Nov-09, 12:50
Truly hope Megan is much better today....................

buggyracer
27-Nov-09, 12:55
fingers crossed for you and Megan, kevin.:confused

Kevin Milkins
27-Nov-09, 18:03
Well, we have just got back from the vets again and it's all looking good just now, Megan hasn't had a fit for over 18 hours and although she is still a bit zonked from the drugs she is eating and drinking and hopefully by bed time she will be back on her feet again.:Razz

It has been a tough couple of days for us all, but having such kind messages and thoughts has been a great comfort to us, thank you all once again.

cuddlepop
27-Nov-09, 18:27
Well, we have just got back from the vets again and it's all looking good just now, Megan hasn't had a fit for over 18 hours and although she is still a bit zonked from the drugs she is eating and drinking and hopefully by bed time she will be back on her feet again.:Razz

It has been a tough couple of days for us all, but having such kind messages and thoughts has been a great comfort to us, thank you all once again.

Thats good news Kevin,fingers crossed for no more scares.

Megans on the road to recovery just keep believing that.:D

unicorn
27-Nov-09, 18:43
Brilliant news :D

teenybash
27-Nov-09, 18:52
Glad to hear Megan is hanging in there.......let's hope all will be well from now on and the lovely girl gets back to chasing tennis balls on the beach.

Liz
27-Nov-09, 19:12
Oh Kevin I am so glad it is good news! I have been popping in every now and then to see whether there is an update.

Hopes are high for a complete recovery and that you and Dawn will have a nice restful weekend.

Take care and hugs for Megan ,and Casper of course! xxx

Iffy
27-Nov-09, 22:18
Heres hoping Megan will have a good night's rest, also yourselves Kevin !!

Hopefully she'll awake with one of those .....:D....

A peaceful and restful night's sleep for you all and every good wish for Megan.

butterfly
28-Nov-09, 00:52
I hope Megan's health continues to improve Kevin.:)

Kevin Milkins
28-Nov-09, 01:02
I hope Megan's health continues to improve Kevin.:)

She has just managed to get back up on to her wobbly legs and have a poo (unfortunately before reaching the door), but it's a great start and it's Mrs M's turn to kip on the settee, so good night all and I am off to bed to dream of Megan chasing a ball on Reiss beach once more.:Razz

butterfly
28-Nov-09, 02:32
She has just managed to get back up on to her wobbly legs and have a poo (unfortunately before reaching the door), but it's a great start and it's Mrs M's turn to kip on the settee, so good night all and I am off to bed to dream of Megan chasing a ball on Reiss beach once more.:Razz

I take it you and your wife are taking it in turns to keep an eye on your bairn at night.Eating ,drinking and now pooing,things are getting better! Hope Megan and your wife sleep peacefully without too much disruption through the night.Sweet dreams to you too Kevin.

unicorn
28-Nov-09, 10:59
Things are definately looking for Megan, she is lucky to have such devoted owners. Well done to you both.

ShelleyCowie
28-Nov-09, 12:02

Im glad things are looking up! And im sure a little accident is ok since she is poorly!

Give her plently of hugs from me!

Liz
28-Nov-09, 14:12

So glad to hear that the lovely Megan is making a great recovery. Hopefully, won't be long before you and Mrs M can get back into the comfort of your bed at night.:D

Thanks for keeping us updated Kevin. Will keep the prayers and healing light going until Megan is completely well and back running on Reiss beach!

K.B
28-Nov-09, 15:17
great news that megan is on the mend, keep us updated kevin

teenybash
29-Nov-09, 00:34
Good news about Megan....and what's a poo among friends.... Bless her.

Kevin Milkins
29-Nov-09, 17:46
It was my turn to stay downstairs with Megan last night, and although she had not had a fit in 48 hours and she had been up on her feet, (albeit like Bamby on ice), I was beginning to think that the severity of her fits had done her some serious damage.

I was led on the settee at about 3am listening to her snoring and I dropped of to sleep, and was awoke by her with her face two inches away from mine.:eek:
She had got up on her own and was telling me she needed to go out to do her toilet.:Razz

She has improved all day and although she is still a bit unsteady on her feet, she can get up and walk in and out of the house unaided. She is also eating and drinking well,:D so I think she is going to be OK.

carasmam
29-Nov-09, 17:54
Thats a good sign Kevin, we are all hoping she makes a full recovery :)

changilass
29-Nov-09, 17:54
That's great news Kevin, you must be soooooo relieved.

Liz
29-Nov-09, 19:00
It just keeps getting better Kevin!:D

I can imagine how happy you were to see that darling face looking into yours telling her she needed to go to the loo!:lol:

She is bound to be quite 'wobbly' after the fits and drugs but she is making steady progress which bodes well for a full recovery.

Hope to see her on Reiss beach soon!

kas
30-Nov-09, 23:27
Kevin, I have just saw this and am so glad to see things are going okay.
My thoughts are with you and the family, I cant even begin to think how it must be.

Venture
30-Nov-09, 23:57
Hi Kevin, like Kas I have only just noticed your thread. So sorry to hear about Megan. I'm glad that at this stage now she is improving. You are always so supportive to others on here Kevin, myself included, when my dog needed surgery recently. The least we can all do is try and support you. I hope everything continues to improve and that Megan will be back to her old self in no time. ;)

Kevin Milkins
01-Dec-09, 00:37
It has been very heart warming to be able to share a very stressful and emotional few days with like minded pet lovers and have what I am hoping to be a satisfactory outcome to Megan's trials and tribulations.:Razz

We took her with us over to Thurso this afternoon and she had her first little run out on the beach since her first fit last week and would like to share this special moment with you.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/th_SMOV0004-1.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/?action=view&current=SMOV0004-1.flv)

teenybash
01-Dec-09, 00:53
Awe, she has such a darling face, you just want to hug her to bits....I truly hope she is on the mend and will have no more fits.............what a worry for you and your wife.
Just keep on loving her as you always will.......Will you give her a big cuddle for me.............

butterfly
01-Dec-09, 01:10
Now thats just lovely to watch Kevin.:)Your TLC has paid off! They look happy to be back on the beach together too.

Julia
01-Dec-09, 09:55
Great to see Megan on the beach, fit as a butchers dog nearly, well done you two for nursing her back to health!

Liz
01-Dec-09, 13:21
It is absolutley brilliant to see Megan back enjoying her runs on the beach.

She is looking good!:D

Did you ever find out what caused the fits?

cuddlepop
01-Dec-09, 15:15
So glad for you Kevin that Megan has returned to full health but like Liz wonder what caused it in the first place.:confused

Dogs just love the beach dont they.:)

Margaret M.
01-Dec-09, 15:37
It's great to see Megan back on the beach. Sometimes a dog may have a few seizures and not have them again, let's hope that is the case for the lovely Megan.

Liz
01-Dec-09, 19:26
It's great to see Megan back on the beach. Sometimes a dog may have a few seizures and not have them again, let's hope that is the case for the lovely Megan.

Yes I really hope that Megan will remain seizure free and keep chasing balls along the beach for many years to come!:D

Kevin Milkins
01-Dec-09, 19:26
Without sending her down to Edinburgh for a MRI scan, I doubt we will ever really know exactly what caused the fits.:confused

I think the intelligent guess that has been made and with the anti fit pills she is on we will have her with us for a little while yet, :Razz , but lets not discount the power of prayer.;)

Liz
01-Dec-09, 19:38
Without sending her down to Edinburgh for a MRI scan, I doubt we will ever really know exactly what caused the fits.

I think the intelligent guess that has been made and with the anti fit pills she is on we will have her with us for a little while yet, :Razz , but lets not discount the power of prayer.;)

The main thing is she is okay now and definitely believe in the power of love and prayer!:D

kas
01-Dec-09, 20:07
Loved the video and am thrilled to bits to hear things are good.
:D:D

cuddlepop
01-Dec-09, 20:15
Loved the video and am thrilled to bits to hear things are good.
:D:D

Thanks for letting me know it was a video I just thought the photo was a still.

Megan's looking as fit as a fiddle with no obvious problems,fingers crossed the meds continue to work.:D

kas
13-Dec-09, 20:17
Hows Megan??
I presume no news is good news;)

Kevin Milkins
13-Dec-09, 20:52
Hows Megan??
I presume no news is good news

She is doing very well. thank you kas, and she is back to doing her party piece of carrying two balls at once, lol, Casper tries to copy her but almost chokes every time.:lol:

She is showing the signs of old age, but is eating better than I have ever known and we have to keep an eye on her or she will eat Casper's dinner as well.:eek:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMG_0111.jpg?t=1260733575

munron
13-Dec-09, 21:00
What a beautiful girl, love the pic with the balls

teenybash
13-Dec-09, 21:59
What a sweetheart she is......................:)

Liz
13-Dec-09, 23:41
Ha ha. So good to see Megan back with the 'two tennis balls in mouth trick'!:lol:

She is such a sweetheart!

Kevin it could be the medication which is making her hungry? I know that my cat Charly has a real appetite and this is due to his heart medication.

Wishing the lovely Megan continued good health. xxx

kas
14-Dec-09, 00:14
So glad to hear that Kevin and thats a belter of a photo. Never seen our boy or any other do that. :)

Fran
14-Dec-09, 01:07
Lovely to see Megan looking so good and back to her normal self, bobby is so pleased. think she should have her name changed to two ball megan. !!!

Kevin Milkins
14-Dec-09, 22:28
Thank you all once again for your kind concern for our little girl.

That sounds like what may be causing her to have an insatiable appetite Liz, I had not thought until you mentioned the medication.:confused

butterfly
15-Dec-09, 03:43
Och Kevin! Those adorable eye's! The video is lovely and it's good to see that she is up to her usual tricks.:)

Kevin Milkins
25-Dec-09, 19:52
And now for my next trick.

Just when I think how lucky we are to still have Megan with us, she delights us with her latest trick. 3 balls at once.:eek::lol:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/Megan3Balls.jpg?t=1261766849

Liz
25-Dec-09, 20:05
Oh Kevin that is brilliant and has given me such a laugh.

Megan you are a star!!!:lol::lol:

She is looking really good! I bet the best Christmas present is still having her with you.:D

Jovi
25-Dec-09, 20:29
What a brilliant picture,Happy Christmas Kevin and Megan! :lol::lol:

teenybash
25-Dec-09, 20:59
Oh........What a star she is...........all she has to do now, is learn how to juggle the three balls...She is brillliant!!!!! Merry Christmas.:)

butterfly
26-Dec-09, 00:06
That last pic made me laugh Kevin,and she looks so serious too!:lol:

sassylass
31-Dec-09, 05:05
Very cute, that photo made my day [lol]