PDA

View Full Version : I've been robbed!

Kenn
25-Nov-09, 20:21
Was checking the phone bill today and was gobsmacked by the following.

13 min call to Greece, £7.15,
19 min call to Australia £2.50.

Now can any one explain why the tariffs vary so much? Both calls were made during the evening our time.
So much for The EU bringing down the cost of calls!

shamrock2007
25-Nov-09, 20:36
thats terrible whos you got your phone line with? have they sorted it out for you?

Phill
25-Nov-09, 20:53
Yep, Eurozone calls are dearer than Oz and the States etc.

If you make regular calls abroad VOIP is the way forward, but don't just use skype and a PC.

PM me if you need more info' I use VOIP for 100% of my international calls and it costs pennies. It needs to be set up right though.

Fran
25-Nov-09, 21:02
I have had the same problem, again, with different numbers called when i was out. Bt said someone must have got into my house. you cant win. If you try to sort it out they cut you off.

unicorn
25-Nov-09, 21:19
I use just dial and get calls to Turkey for 7p per minute to mobile 1p per minute landline.

BINBOB
25-Nov-09, 21:23
I have called HONG KONG at 1pence per min....check out the cheap calls ,simply dial their no. first then the one u want.Use search to find cheap calls from uk.
I use same for USA/CANADA.

Phill
25-Nov-09, 21:31
I have had the same problem, again, with different numbers called when i was out. Bt said someone must have got into my house. you cant win. If you try to sort it out they cut you off.

Sounds a bit odd Fran.
Are you saying you have bills for calls abroad you haven't made?