PDA

View Full Version : Do FlyBe fly to edinburgh on a sunday?

thickrodney
25-Nov-09, 18:19
Looking at flying fae wick to edinburgh in thesummer.

any one know/confirm?

shazzap
25-Nov-09, 18:21

any one know/confirm?

They did fly this summer and were supposed to be introducing a Saturday flight for the Autumn.

Alan16
25-Nov-09, 18:26

any one know/confirm?

They do. Filling word count.

thickrodney
25-Nov-09, 18:26
They did fly this summer and were supposed to be introducing a Saturday flight for the Autumn.

hey shazzap, thanks for the quick reply.

Just had a look at the website and they seem to have a flight out at 1615 on a sunday.

superb.

thickrodney
25-Nov-09, 18:29
They do. Filling word count.

thinking about landing in Glasgow at 0700 and catching the flight north from Edinburgh at1040.

is this enough time????????

Alan16
25-Nov-09, 18:34
thinking about landing in Glasgow at 0700 and catching the flight north from Edinburgh at1040.

is this enough time????????

3 hours 40 minutes should be ok, were everything to go smoothly. It takes about an hour and a half from here (Edinburgh) to Glasgow, in a car, and maybe 2 hours on a bus. So depending on times for buses and trains, it should be fine, but you'd need to check the bus times in advance.

thickrodney
25-Nov-09, 18:41
3 hours 40 minutes should be ok, were everything to go smoothly. It takes about an hour and a half from here (Edinburgh) to Glasgow, in a car, and maybe 2 hours on a bus. So depending on times for buses and trains, it should be fine, but you'd need to check the bus times in advance.

cheers alan,

thinking about getting a taxi.

if we go this way (4 of us)it would mean leaving the states at 1845(2345 out time) and we would be home in thurso at 1200, just over 12 hours traveling, which would be fantastic.

magtomich
25-Nov-09, 18:49
Arriving Glasgow 0700 and expecting to catch a flight ex Edinburgh at 1040 is a disaster waiting to happen.
Arriving from the USA you will have to collect bags, clear immigration & customs.
With luck you will be out of the airport at 0745/0800. IF you have a cab waiting say 0930 barring hold-ups in Edinburgh, find a check in desk ?, allow for the last check in time of around 1000 and that is cutting it too fine. Thats only in my experience of course.

Turquoise
25-Nov-09, 20:44
As Magtomich says, you would be cutting it extremely fine. You would be reliant on no delay leaving the States and no delay en route to keep to a schedule as tight as this.

Have you considered hiring a car from Glasgow instead? If you spread the cost between you all it would come in at a pretty reasonable rate and you would at least be guaranteed to get home then.

crayola
25-Nov-09, 21:24
As Magtomich says, you would be cutting it extremely fine. You would be reliant on no delay leaving the States and no delay en route to keep to a schedule as tight as this.Indeed.

Have you considered hiring a car from Glasgow instead? If you spread the cost between you all it would come in at a pretty reasonable rate and you would at least be guaranteed to get home then.
I wouldn't drive from the airport if you're in a hurry because the traffic into town is horrendous at 8am. You could easily take an hour to get through the centre of town on the M8 and then another hour to Edinburgh and that's if you're lucky.

You could get a taxi from the airport to Paisley and take a train to Central from there but you'd have to get the bus or walk from Central to Queen Street to catch the Edinburgh train, and then take a bus from Waverley to Edinburgh Airport but that's probably even longer.

I wouldn't risk it either way.

hey shazzap, thanks for the quick reply.

Just had a look at the website and they seem to have a flight out at 1615 on a sunday.

superb.
That's a much safer plan.

Turquoise
25-Nov-09, 22:58
I wouldn't drive from the airport if you're in a hurry because the traffic into town is horrendous at 8am. You could easily take an hour to get through the centre of town on the M8 and then another hour to Edinburgh and that's if you're lucky.

You could get a taxi from the airport to Paisley and take a train to Central from there but you'd have to get the bus or walk from Central to Queen Street to catch the Edinburgh train, and then take a bus from Waverley to Edinburgh Airport but that's probably even longer.

I wouldn't risk it either way.

Hehe I was thinking more for them to hire the car the whole way up! Not ideal but at least they would def get home cheaply etc. It all depends on how tired they are and how many beers/G&Ts they have on the 'plane back!!!!! ;):Razz

crayola
26-Nov-09, 00:27
Hehe I was thinking more for them to hire the car the whole way up! Not ideal but at least they would def get home cheaply etc. It all depends on how tired they are and how many beers/G&Ts they have on the 'plane back!!!!! ;):Razz
I didn't think of that. :lol:

I wouldn't want to drive from Glasgow to Caithness after an overnight flight but some are more immune to tiredness and jet lag than me. Also one way car hire usually has horrendous drop off charges so they might be better taking their own car and driving both ways. Parking charges at Glasgow Airport aren't too bad.

Still, I'd go for the later flight from Edinburgh.

Margaret M.
26-Nov-09, 01:14
Continental and Delta both fly into Edinburgh. I usually fly Continental from Newark to Edinburgh and then catch the flight up north. Are you getting a cheaper flight from Glasgow?