PDA

View Full Version : Tortiose

smith2585
25-Nov-09, 01:52
does anyone know about tortoises, or do you have them?

Any tips greatful cheers

M R
25-Nov-09, 10:37
Took the liberty of googling Tortoise Forums (http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&q=tortoise+forums&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB&aq=f&oq=&fp=4aad3bc6abb93df5) for you. Probably the best advice found on them. Plenty to choose from.

smith2585
25-Nov-09, 19:00
Cheers i will have a look on there. Was just wandering if anyone had them, or if they know people who have them. Recently got one and there are so many different things and different ways of doing it.

Bruce
25-Nov-09, 19:36
i have 5 hermann tortoises.two females three males and some eggs hopfully will hatch in two weeks time

Sandra_B
25-Nov-09, 19:39
We have a tortoise. He's a great pet and has a wonderful personality. Hates fluffy pets though...

ShelleyCowie
25-Nov-09, 21:56
I have always wanted a tortoise!! :D

But wasnt sure about getting one incase i had not read up enough on the set-ups required for them! Wouldnt want to get it wrong and harm the poor things!

I have read every encyclopedia about them though because they are facinating.

smith2585
27-Nov-09, 01:08
its a herman we have too, its amazing just watching the thing going about, not held it yet too scared :P

Awesome eggs hatching you will have to let us know!!

Bruce
27-Nov-09, 19:37
hi its great to watch them somtimes i watch them for ages.how old is yur hermann?do you know what sex it is.three of mine are going into the fridge tomorrow to start there hibernation.the other two are going to stay wake this year as one is a little under weight and the other could have eggs inside her and i dont want her to get egg bound.can i ask you where you got it from.most pet shop tortoises have worms have you had them checked by the vet?good to see their are a few more torts up here

ShelleyCowie
27-Nov-09, 20:09
hi its great to watch them somtimes i watch them for ages.how old is yur hermann?do you know what sex it is.three of mine are going into the fridge tomorrow to start there hibernation.the other two are going to stay wake this year as one is a little under weight and the other could have eggs inside her and i dont want her to get egg bound.can i ask you where you got it from.most pet shop tortoises have worms have you had them checked by the vet?good to see their are a few more torts up here

See now only with torts can you say they are going in a fridge and it aint cruel lol.

Hope you do get some eggs from yer female! how cute wud that be! :D

keep us posted! maybe some photos too??? Would love too see yer lovely wee pets! :Razz

Bruce
27-Nov-09, 20:51
i would post some pics but really dont know how to on this forum:(