PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought from Swoopo website

catherine nicol
24-Nov-09, 17:38
I came across this website today when browsing for an item in google

www.swoopo.co.uk (http://www.swoopo.co.uk)

Has anyone bought items from this bid site? How was transaction, postage, etc? Any hassles with items purchased?

Prices seem too good to be true so haven't bid on item I was after.

Thanks

scorpion
24-Nov-09, 18:45
Hi there ,i spent a few weeks watching swoopo carefully ,the prices are good but only if you actually win the item ,at 50p a bid they certainly get their money for the items , 10 bids which in their penny auctions would raise the price of the item by 10p ,actually nets swoopo £5 ,so if you look at the bid history ,in many cases they are taking a lot more money in bids than the item would actually cost . Example , a penny auction for a 40inch tv ,if the bidding is at £30 then there have been 3000 bids to get it to that price and at 50p per bid ,thats £1500 they have taken in ,so the only person who gets a bargain is the lucky one who actually wins the auction .

Aussiewicker
24-Nov-09, 23:13
Try googling 'Swoopo' and digest what most people have to say on this.... I wouldn't go near it.

A well thought out scam though.

Dog-eared
24-Nov-09, 23:48
Scam. Looked too good to be true and it is.

Invisible
25-Nov-09, 14:05
It's a scam. Every time you bid the time remaining goes up making it harder and harder for you to actually win a bid. Back when i first heard about it i waited till 3 in the morning to see if if could win anything, NOPE - sure it's fixed.

zzzzzzz
25-Nov-09, 15:16
Sorry to go off that website but does anyone know about seatwave.com for buying concert tickets I've never bought tickets off the internet so wasn't sure when this one popped up on google sorry to go away from 1st website

Dog-eared
25-Nov-09, 19:14
On swoopo it says 5 mins left, but it constantly resets to 5mins at the end.

dietcokegirl
26-Nov-09, 17:41
I've purchased from seatwave 3 times. Everytime my tickets have arrived promptly. I had emails saying when they were dispatched, altogether a thumbs up for seatwave from me!

zzzzzzz
27-Nov-09, 12:30
Magic thank you:D