PDA

View Full Version : Why why why

fingalmacool
24-Nov-09, 14:41
Anybody got a scooby as to why the tree's below Thurso's grave yard have been removed, eight to ten tree's that as far as I could see were doing nothing but a little good in helping with drainage and making the Mall walk a little more scenic. No doubt the decision was taken by a committee of our betters, maybe the same committee that think that a couple of hundred windmills will offset the amount of power a nuclear power station can feed into the grid, well DUH!:confused

Could this be fishing, WELL COULD IT?

unicorn
24-Nov-09, 14:49
I was just thinking how good they looked last time I was up, probably the same buffoon that decided to fill up the streams so the mall is all boggy now, they were there for a reason....

groater
24-Nov-09, 15:05
i think there might have been a story in the groat about this?

Even Chance
24-Nov-09, 16:18
There were two green Landrovers that went up the river on Sunday morning around 10/half 10 and came back filled with what appeared to be X-mas trees. I did wonder what they were up to.

fender
24-Nov-09, 18:11
Fingal

May I suggest that you contact SNH in Golspie and they will give you the whole story as to why these trees have been removed

jimbews
24-Nov-09, 19:30
Fingal

May I suggest that you contact SNH in Golspie and they will give you the whole story as to why these trees have been removed

Is this it:

http://www.snh.org.uk/press/detail.asp?id=2175

Alice in Blunderland
24-Nov-09, 20:33
What else non native will be getting moved from the area ? :eek: Does this only apply to trees then ?

Aaldtimer
24-Nov-09, 20:47
What else non native will be getting moved from the area ? :eek: Does this only apply to trees then ?

I'm going nowhere!!!:eek: