PDA

View Full Version : poor excuse's

Billy Boy
20-Apr-06, 22:46
Whats the worst excuse you have heard someone give for not turning up for work or been late.
Or whats the worst you have said yourself.
some excuses me & Mr Billy Boy have heard are.....

1.I havent slept a wink all night, and i have woke up with a sore head so wont be in to work

2. cant come in to work today as i have just woke up and dont know where i am.

3.I wont be at work today as i got kicked by a girl at the weekend and i have a sore and swollen testicles.

these were all from the same person, and they are all true:lol: [lol]

golach
20-Apr-06, 22:47
Whats the worst excuse you have heard someone give for not turning up for work or been late.

1.I havent slept a wink all night, and i have woke up with a sore head so wont be in to work

3.I wont be at work today as i got kicked by a girl at the weekend and i have a sore and swollen testicles.

Ehhhmmmm the initials wouldna be AC by any chance?

Billy Boy
20-Apr-06, 22:49
no golach his was a canna come out the day cos a got a pie in the oven :lol: [lol]

highlandlassie
20-Apr-06, 22:50
I once heard a discussion on the radio about work excuses and the one that i still laugh about is when a man phoned his boss to say that he would be late for work because the train had a puncture.:lol:

webmannie
20-Apr-06, 23:05
Sounds like me!

4. I won't be into work today as i'm locked up in the nick for being drunk and incapable.

5. I can't come to work coz my mum hid my trousers on me

6. I've slept in and i'm on my way (had phoned in @ 0900 hrs but was actually on backshift that day)

7. Bar Manageress impersonating my mum, phoned in sick for me on a nightshift so that I could stay out on the peeve.

Those were the days!!

I'm now the Commercial Director of a local technology company and am pleased to say that we have a very responsible team working at the company, who would never dream of pulling a 'sickie', would you boys?

acameron
20-Apr-06, 23:35

lol Golach mate - It was Billy boy

The Enigma
21-Apr-06, 01:29
I used to work in the HR department of a large company (not locally). One of the factory workers phoned in one day saying he had slept in and would be late... Nothing too odd about that you might think? Well, just so happened he had slept in for backshift!

sassylass
21-Apr-06, 02:13
A young teacher at our school phoned to say she couldn't come to work because there was a power failure and she couldn't shower in the dark :roll:.

WeeBurd
21-Apr-06, 13:27
Yep, I've had someone who slept in for backshift (4:30pm) on more than one occasion & another who slept in for night shift (10:00pm)... upon pressing the issue, the nightshifter even said he had set two alarm clocks and his mobile phone alarm, but slept through them all. :roll:

Geo
21-Apr-06, 13:43
I worked in a place in Thurso and someone phoned in sick one day. The caller ID showed the call was coming from down south, Aberdeen I think! :)

pultneytooner
21-Apr-06, 13:51
Here's one I saw on the net:

I wont be into work today as my boyfriend's pet snake got loose and I'm afraid to leave the bedroom until he gets home.

Billy Boy
21-Apr-06, 16:31
lol Golach mate - It was Billy boy

glass house's and stone's ac:lol:

sam
21-Apr-06, 18:10
once worked with a guy who called the office to say he couldnt come in cos his shoe lace had snapped and he didnt have another black one and all his other shoes were brown:lol:

Whitewater
21-Apr-06, 21:37
The wee boy was late for school, he said the cat had kittens and as he got the blame for everythingh in his house he had to stay in bed until his dad left.

teuchter
21-Apr-06, 21:42
The wee boy was late for school because his elephant had eaten his homework. There's another.

willowbankbear
21-Apr-06, 22:14
Best one Ive heard was "Sorry Im late Boss, I ken Im 45mins late, but its the earliest Ive been late for weeks" Whole place erupted in laughter & the boss saw the funny side of it too[lol]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Apr-06, 22:30
One of the mates from work said that he was late for work because he was having trouble with his flat feet.He had to go to the petrol station and use the air pump to put them back to normal.The manager seen the funny side and let him away with it.

Bingobabe
21-Apr-06, 22:33
[para] I used to work with a girl in a factory a good few years ago. And on my way to work id stop in a taxi at her house to pick her up for work. On this one morning i was waiting forever for her outside in the taxi so i went to the front door and knocked to see if she was coming to work.She answered the door and said 'can you tell the boss i wont becoming to work as ive contracted genital warts and i got them when i fell and slipped in the bath ' I was so stunned i just stood there in silence for a few seconds lets just say i didnt tell the boss that. This is a true story

porshiepoo
22-Apr-06, 10:45
I'll give you a corker of an excuse, and Paris will remember this one!

We used to employ a couple of labourers for our building firm and we had one lad who had a heart of gold but was a sandwich short of a picnic if you get my drift.
Well, his excuse this particular day was
"I can't come into work tommorrow as I'm having surgery at hospital"
"What you gotta have done mate" (my hubby)
" Well when I was born I had to have staples put into my head and I have to go in tommorrow to have the top bit of my head taken off and the staples removed. But I'll be in as usual the next day".

Laugh! We split our sides. But this lad was blinkin serious. We had to let him have the day off just for being so thick.