PDA

View Full Version : who's the best wedding dance band around caithness?

annemarie482
24-Nov-09, 00:20
right the long and short of it is i need a band for my wedding in may......

so does anyone know a good band who can play a bit of the traditional scottish dance and current music?

i don't go out alot, so don't really get to hear many bands.

any ideas?

type2bus
24-Nov-09, 00:25
Hiya,
i think that the best band would be whisky they always get everybody up dancing, ive booked them for my wedding next year. :)
its all exciting getting everything booked, enjoy it all

annemarie482
24-Nov-09, 00:33
i've been to a few of whiskys dances, they are indeed very good.
they don't cover any other type of music though, (that i've heard)
and as i have a lot of family coming up from down south i'd like to give variety.
good luck with your wedding though! hope your all organised!

Katy
24-Nov-09, 11:07
What about The Kate Bain Band, KW1 or Half Canned. We had Half Canned at our wedding and they played a great mixture and really got the crowd going, the dance floor never emptied all night!

Kxx

LMS
24-Nov-09, 11:14
Half Canned every time in my opinion. They play a good range of music. Also, they are very reasonably priced.

Katy
24-Nov-09, 12:13
Half Canned every time in my opinion. They play a good range of music. Also, they are very reasonably priced.

Yeah have to agree they are very reasonably priced! xx

telfordstar
24-Nov-09, 12:20
We had KW1 at our wedding 2 years ago they were fantastic and dance floor was never empty.

Thumper
24-Nov-09, 17:10
Love KW1 and Half canned cant go wrong with either of them!x

igglepiggle
24-Nov-09, 17:54
I know its not caithness, but The Jacks from golspie are very good, play all kinds

poppett
24-Nov-09, 21:39
Remix from Wick, Jacks from Golspie or Jigsaw duo from Dingwall. All excellent all round bands.

Ash
24-Nov-09, 21:49
we are having the london gentlemen, cant wait !

Deemac
24-Nov-09, 23:10
For more info on the band Whisky, photos, samples of music & videos visit:
www.whisky-band.co.uk (http://www.whisky-band.co.uk)
www.bebo.com/whiskyband (http://www.bebo.com/whiskyband)

PM me if you require any further details.

georgen
25-Nov-09, 22:37
A shout here for the Jacks who played at my wedding too. They're good guys with a fair variety of tunes.

horsegirl
26-Nov-09, 01:18
I had remix for my wedding and they had they whole room mooving all nite. They were fantastic. My sis is havin them at her wedding on saturday. Cant wait

Good luck with ur wedding

catherine nicol
26-Nov-09, 09:26
I have always enjoyed wedding dances with Alistair Wordie and his band so give him a ring.

Geordie Jack once said to me 'not another wedding in Caithness, all that ever changes there is the bride and groom'.

Why don't you ask any of the bands suggested if they have a demo CD or could give you an indication of the types of music they play at such events.

Jude
26-Nov-09, 18:11
Hey Annemarie!

I PM'd you but it says I have no items in my sent box. Did you get it?