PDA

View Full Version : Local charities

kmahon2001
23-Nov-09, 23:58
I'm in the process of having my will drawn up and I feel I would like to leave something to a local charity.

I won't be able to leave very much at all (unless I win the lottery in the meantime ;)) but I would like to actually do some good with what I am able to bequeath. The small amount I would be leaving would hardly be noticed by the larger, more well-known charities like the SSPCA, but a small local charity might really feel some benefit.

Has anyone got any suggestions for who could really benefit from a modest bequest? I have already had the suggestion of the seal hospital, which is a definite possibility (although I believe it may already be funded by a large, well-known charity). Further suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

Fran
24-Nov-09, 19:35
The ones i feel that are in most need, and are local, are ..if the dog warden has a fund for finding homes for these poor abandoned dogs.Macmillan cancer care, based in wick also the /caithness Cancer support Group.Wick and thurso lifeboats.
The hospital especially A&E.the ambulance Service. I could go on and on.

poppett
24-Nov-09, 21:49
"Crossroads" caring for carers without their help I could not function. Highland Hospice, Macmillan cancer and Marie Curie nurses would be my choices.

Kodiak
24-Nov-09, 23:12
I wpould suggest either the Girl Guides or one of the Scout Troops. They never have any money and even a very small amout would of great help to them.

golach
24-Nov-09, 23:15
The RNLI are always grateful for bequeaths

BalmoreSSPCA
24-Nov-09, 23:41
Although the Scottish SPCA is a recognised charity, you can if you so wish make a donation directly to your local Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre and state that the money is to be used directly for the benefit of the local animals. The SSPCA receive no government funding and relies soley on donations, fundraising and legacies. Thank you for reading this post.