PDA

View Full Version : Espresso maker??

Dadie
23-Nov-09, 23:00
I have been given mission impossible for a non coffee drinker!

I would like recommendations for a espresso machine that doesnt take up much room, uses real coffee not them pod things, makes 1 or 2 cups at a time and has some decent pressure behind it!

I dont know where to start the search:eek:

maidenmania
24-Nov-09, 06:27
I have been given mission impossible for a non coffee drinker!

I would like recommendations for a espresso machine that doesnt take up much room, uses real coffee not them pod things, makes 1 or 2 cups at a time and has some decent pressure behind it!

I dont know where to start the search:eek:

If just for espresso then a stove top pot like this is excellent value
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Moka-Espresso-Maker-cup/dp/B000R29FHK

but if want steamed milk then this is minimum would look at http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Treviso-espresso-cappuccino-maker/dp/B0000C6XCE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1259039338&sr=1-2 and is one I have used its fine for a couple if lattes etc max

depends on your budget after that with some stylish italian ones for £150-£300 :eek:

Dadie
24-Nov-09, 14:57
Mum has already got one of those stove top thingies and one of those ones with a plunger.

She says they dont need the frothy milk bit .... just something that does good strong coffee ... you know the stuff that can strip the enamel off your teeth.... (I just listen and smile and nod as I said before I dont drink coffee)

maidenmania
24-Nov-09, 17:10
Mum has already got one of those stove top thingies and one of those ones with a plunger.

She says they dont need the frothy milk bit .... just something that does good strong coffee ... you know the stuff that can strip the enamel off your teeth.... (I just listen and smile and nod as I said before I dont drink coffee)

She wants a cezve or ibrik basically a pot for making Turkish coffee which is pretty intense in flavour would also need a turkish grinder as needs ground finer than other coffees. Usually made with cardamon and sugar. Very good especially if you can find a turkish coffee shop to try, she'll never go near starbucks again!

Sandra_B
24-Nov-09, 19:52
No machine can make espresso as well as the stove top one my Landlady in Naples used. It was the only time I've enjoyed espresso.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Moka-Express-Espresso-Maker/dp/B00004RFRU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1259088631&sr=1-1

Dadie
28-Nov-09, 09:45
The de longi machine looks quite good!
Does it drip though:lol:
It seems to be cheaper than the ones I have been looking at so Im wondering if there is a catch somewhere!

EDDIE
29-Nov-09, 18:15
The de longi machine looks quite good!
Does it drip though:lol:
It seems to be cheaper than the ones I have been looking at so Im wondering if there is a catch somewhere!

If u get a machine that has a steam pipe so u can frothy milk u can have cappachinos and other stuff as well
But once you get your machine depending on how the coffee is grinded and how much u compress the coffee in the filter will depend on the outcome most expresso should make enough for 2 cups at a time
I like frothy milk with and like with most gadgets its a pain cleaning afterwards