PDA

View Full Version : Dog warden section

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 22:40
Could we not get a section just for the dog warden where she can post pics and look for homes for these poor dogs? I think she does an amazing job and needs more help.

Leanne
23-Nov-09, 22:42
I think Stavos has offered to host it. I offered too - should really PM Stavos and see if he wants to work with me on it... I'm scared though - we don't exactly play well together ;)

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 22:43
I just think there is nowhere to view dogs any more and the more help the better.

shazzap
23-Nov-09, 22:44
I think this is a great idea.

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 22:48
The pet section was a moan moan moan until we got it [lol] I have experience [lol]

Billy Boy
23-Nov-09, 23:01
The pet section was a moan moan moan until we got it [lol] I have experience [lol]

Isn't moan your middle name lol :D

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 23:04
Yes when it needs to be :Razz

attidude9464
23-Nov-09, 23:08
[QUOTE=unicorn;624118]I just think there is nowhere to view dogs any more and the more help the better.[/QUOTE

Where could you have viewed the dogs in the past?

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 23:11
Balmore I assume.

attidude9464
23-Nov-09, 23:16
There are still lots of dogs that can be viewed at Balmore who require a second chance. The Centre is full of dogs which through no fault of their own are looking to be rehomed. Some of these dogs have been cruelly treated, neglected and have suffered pain or distress.

BINBOB
23-Nov-09, 23:48
It is not a competition...so surely both sides can be catered for on the org.At the end of the day ,it is about the animals.Like the idea of a section for the dog warden....;)

carasmam
23-Nov-09, 23:51
How often is the sspca website updated? Have to say it's not the easiest of sites to navigate either, I know thats not your fault attidude, just mentioning :)

ShelleyCowie
23-Nov-09, 23:57
I think this is a great idea! The website for Balmore can not be updated daily or as regularly as the dog warden would need it.

I think the dog warden does a brillaint job and should be very proud!

Kathy@watten
24-Nov-09, 00:48
Have just met the dog warden for first time today when getting our first foster dog, what a nice dog caring lady doing her best to find homes and reunite dogs with their owners, they do not get any charity status but alway could do with gifts of food, bedding and the like. A page for this cause would be great but I don't suppose the dog warden would have time to do it as she seems a bit over stretched as it is. I am sure the orgers could do it tho!

unicorn
24-Nov-09, 12:18
As already mentioned Balmore have a website, the dog warden does not and is relying on fosterers etc.

Liz
24-Nov-09, 14:15
Another great idea Unicorn!:D

It would be good to see the dogs which the dog warden has rescued.

mop top
24-Nov-09, 15:25
What would have to be done to get this off the ground sound like a brilliant idea:D

unicorn
24-Nov-09, 15:31
We need to annoy the mods and owners :lol:

Liz
24-Nov-09, 15:37
Okay tell me who to annoy Unicorn and I'll do it!:lol:

carasmam
24-Nov-09, 18:04
Okay tell me who to annoy Unicorn and I'll do it!:lol:

Look out Messrs Fernie :lol: She's like a dog with a bone

Liz
24-Nov-09, 20:22
Look out Messrs Fernie :lol: She's like a dog with a bone

Hee hee. Ooh I am sooooooo in the mood for annoying someone. The combination of rotten weather and sinusitis is making me very [evil] !!!!

cuddlepop
24-Nov-09, 20:39
We already have a pet section so whats to stop us having a sticky at the top so moptop can post pictures etc.

Moira is our mod here so Unicorn ask nicely.......it worked last time.....eventually.:lol:

Liz is more like the regal Lion than a dog with a bone......every bit as "scarey" though.;)

Moira
24-Nov-09, 22:37
Ok folks, after a short discussion among a few of the Mods we think we've found an answer which would satisfy most of your requirements.

Please allow us a little time to set up the various arrangements and don't go bombarding the Admin with individual requests for a new section. I don't see that happening for various reasons.
Contrary to popular opinion, the Mods are not here 24/7. The other thing, which may be worthy of note, is the fact that the pay is rubbish. ;)

Please be patient, we will get back to you.

unicorn
24-Nov-09, 22:59
Thanks for at least trying to help. The org is a fabulous medium for reaching so many people.

carasmam
24-Nov-09, 23:35
Thanks Moira :D

Will we hassle them for a Christmas Bonus for you instead ;)

Liz
24-Nov-09, 23:49
Thanks Moira.:D Think we better get pass the hat around the org for a Christmas bonus for the poor Mods.

Cuddlepop I think I am more like the lion from the Wizard of Oz! Put em up, put em up!:lol:

cuddlepop
25-Nov-09, 16:29
Thats great news Moira thanks for helping.:D

Liz, you've just been renamed The Wizard of Paws now for me.:lol:

Liz
25-Nov-09, 19:16
Thats great news Moira thanks for helping.:D

Liz, you've just been renamed The Wizard of Paws now for me.:lol:

Ha ha. Sure I've been called much worse Cuddlepop.:lol: What a great username that would have been. Should have consulted you before just plumping for my name!

Moira
26-Nov-09, 23:35
I appreciate all your votes of thanks but have to say that I am only a small cog in a big wheel. The idea that this should be brought forward was actually highlighted by one of my fellow Mods.

How it all works out in the end remains to be seen. Here's hoping... :)