PDA

View Full Version : Excessive

Kevin Milkins
23-Nov-09, 20:44
I have noticed all about the town in Wick the banners attached to lamp posts advertising the digital switch over for June next year.

I am not sure who would pay for it or why anyone would feel it necessary to to head up such a big advertising campaign, but it does seem a bit excessive to me.:confused

dragonfly
23-Nov-09, 21:45
its not only Wick Kevin, they are on every other street in Thurso too and in Halkirk and Castletown!

They are making sure they are getting the message across :eek:

Rheghead
23-Nov-09, 21:54
It's a bit silly really as you must be a blind ostrich with your ears plugged to not know it is coming.

Phill
23-Nov-09, 22:45
It is a bit much as it isn't getting to those it will affect the most, like me ald Grandma. She doesn't get out much and can't really hear the tellybox but it keeps her company.

Fortunately she has family visit regular and we sorted her out with a digibox, but she doesn't see what's wrong with the telly she got!
"what've they got t' go 'bout ing with things for?"

I guess there will be tens of thousands of people like her except without family or regular visitors to help them out when the switch does come. And the scary bit....plenty of rogue repair peeps & pushy salesmen to lighten their bank balance when the old dears telly "stops" working!