PDA

View Full Version : 24" dog rug needed asap

Kathy@watten
23-Nov-09, 17:50
Anyone got a spare or old lurcher type rug going begging? I have a foster dog who is a bit cold when out and about as he is very thin and could do with a rug to keep his skinny body cosy! Any suggestions how to fashion a rug meantime??

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 17:52
A big jumper Kathy, I used to do it with my old boxer. Tie up the spare over the back with a band.

BINBOB
23-Nov-09, 18:17
An old fleece jacket....perhaps a child one....I have 2 small hoodies...if u want them...fleecy ones.They were for cockers ,but no use.

Hope the old chap is ok.Bless u both.;)

Kathy@watten
23-Nov-09, 22:23
Thanks for the tips, he is a young undernourished lurcher and is as lovely as could be and the most lovely pale gold colour, he has no idea about any commands but has the most lovely temprament, loves kids and is fine with the cat and other dogs, and is house trained. Is now wearing a lovely toggi waistcoat with duck down....have modified it a bit and he is now cosy! Just got him today from mop top the dog warden until he finds a forever home or his owners turn up. we have had a geat time taking him out for his mad dash walkies tonight and he is not bothered by livestock and comes back when called..allbeit when he chooses to come! Can't believe if he was someones pet they wouldn't be looking for him as he would be so special.....perhaps someone on here knows who had him or would offer him a forever home if so contact the dog warden.

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 22:32
Any pics Kathy?

Leanne
23-Nov-09, 22:36
I've got a 26" green wax one that is sheepskin lined. Doesn't fit mine any more - it's yours if you want it... Come by and try it if you want :)

krackenkid
24-Nov-09, 10:11
i have a nice big bed and a 30" coat if your interested

Kathy@watten
25-Nov-09, 21:04
Thanks for all the offers of stuff for the lurcher, I have got a rug to fit him perfectly but any donations of food, bedding, rugs, leads, bowls can be popped to the council service point for Anne the warden to distribute to the rescued dogs in her care. Thank you everyone you have been really generous indeed.