PDA

View Full Version : traffic in inverness

sweep
23-Nov-09, 11:49
can anyone tell me what time in the morning the traffic going into inverness clears at the kessock bridge?
last time i was stuck in jam for 30mins at around 9am!
thanks

Scorpio12thNov
23-Nov-09, 11:58
Clears up around 9.30am, 10am til be on eh safe side.

In all honesty, if you go by the Muir Of Ord-Beauly road at this time in the morning, it's quicker! Even though longer in distance, there's less traffic & may get you into town quicker.

Hope this helps ye Sweep;)

Scorp

cherokee
23-Nov-09, 19:02
Have I missed something about your thread here ?

I cannot believe that someone would actually wonder as to why the Kessock Bridge is busy at 9am in the morning !!!

DUUHHH !! Maybe, some people go to work at this time !! :roll::roll:

I take it that you, yourself, doesn't work (or maybe not so promptly as 9am in the morning ?) - otherwise you may have been able to answer your own question there .....:lol:

Scorpio12thNov
23-Nov-09, 19:24
Have I missed something about your thread here ? I cannot believe that someone would actually wonder as to why the Kessock Bridge is busy at 9am in the morning !!!
DUUHHH !! Maybe, some people go to work at this time !! :roll:
I take it that you, yourself, doesn't work (or maybe not so promptly as 9am in the morning ?) - otherwise you may have been able to answer your own question there .....:lol:

Yo dude, this comment isn't cool!
If a Caithness driver decides to go out of the county then they will come across busier more dangerous roads. & coming across the Kessock Bridge at rush hour & experiencing it for the first time can be lek "What the Hell!":eek:At times it could take me up to 2hrs to travel just 18miles, whereas I could drive that in 5mins up here.
& ye cana judge whether somebody works mornings or not because they mis-read eh road! Gawd I've heard it all now man...

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 19:26
They were only asking, no need to jump on them for it [evil] sheesh....

S&LHEN
23-Nov-09, 19:40
I agree unfair. I know what its like in inverness first thing in the morning and its not fun.
Dont insult someone whos being sensible and planin a journey ahead and wanting advice from fellow orgers!!
In answer to the actual post I would go for 9.30-10 am its normally alot less busy by then.
Have a nice time xx

Yo dude, this comment isn't cool!
If a Caithness driver decides to go out of the county then they will come across busier more dangerous roads. & coming across the Kessock Bridge at rush hour & experiencing it for the first time can be lek "What the Hell!":eek:At times it could take me up to 2hrs to travel just 18miles, whereas I could drive that in 5mins up here.
& ye cana judge whether somebody works mornings or not because they mis-read eh road! Gawd I've heard it all now man...

cherokee
23-Nov-09, 19:41
HUGE OOOOOOOOOOOOPS !!!!!

Dinna worry guys, I've just smacked my wrist a couple o' times - am I outta the "Bad Books" now ?????? :lol::lol:

LMS
23-Nov-09, 19:45

I cannot believe that someone would actually wonder as to why the Kessock Bridge is busy at 9am in the morning !!!

Sweep asked when the traffic eases, he/she did not ask why there is traffic. It is a perfectly reasonable question, which did not warrant the tirade quoted above. I wouldn't blame/verbally abuse/write abuse about anyone who tries to avoid traffic.

I had to be in Inverness last week for 9am. We left Wick at 6am and arrived at the Kessock Bridge about 8.10am in order to miss the traffic.

ShelleyCowie
23-Nov-09, 19:48

hmmm, bit harsh there i dare say!

HUGE OOOOOOOOOOOOPS !!!!!

Dinna worry guys, I've just smacked my wrist a couple o' times - am I outta the "Bad Books" now ??????

What was oops about it? You knew what you was typing.

Iffy
23-Nov-09, 19:51
I totally agree with you LMS !!

Anyone who is unsure of traffic and how busy it could be at a certain time of day, are entitled to ask such a question on the Org, without getting belittled by someone who thinks they know different !!

I hope you manage just fine, Sweep, on your journey to Inverness with, hopefully, no traffic jams

northener
23-Nov-09, 20:15
.....!":eek:At times it could take me up to 2hrs to travel just 18miles, whereas I could drive that in 5mins up here.

I bloody well hope not!:eek:

18 miles in 5 mins = 216mph.......

Scorpio12thNov
23-Nov-09, 20:18
I bloody well hope not!:eek:

18 miles in 5 mins = 216mph.......

Only when I'm driving, from, Weik;)

cherokee
23-Nov-09, 20:30
May I take this chance to apologise most sincerely to Sweep about my off-hand comments regarding him/her travelling to Inverness.

I realise, now, that my comments were quite offensive and even I find travelling to Inverness an absolute endurance at any time o' day !!! :eek:

Please, all, accept my apology :cry:..........

unicorn
23-Nov-09, 21:06
I am glad to see that you have seen the error of your ways and said sorry.

Leanne
23-Nov-09, 21:24
can anyone tell me what time in the morning the traffic going into inverness clears at the kessock bridge?
last time i was stuck in jam for 30mins at around 9am!
thanks

You lucky thing! It used to take me an hour and 40 minutes to drive 8 miles before I moved here. And that was every day!!! The traffic here, even at rush hour, is bliss!

shazzap
23-Nov-09, 21:33
You lucky thing! It used to take me an hour and 40 minutes to drive 8 miles before I moved here. And that was every day!!! The traffic here, even at rush hour, is bliss!

Ditto.......

Leanne
23-Nov-09, 21:38
Ditto.......

Although I would feel a bit cheated if I got stuck in traffic here lol

Sweep - did you get there ok?

Vistravi
23-Nov-09, 21:53
On the whole about 10 am the traffic is alot better in the morning in inverness.

Moira
24-Nov-09, 00:10
<snip>
I had to be in Inverness last week for 9am. We left Wick at 6am and arrived at the Kessock Bridge about 8.10am in order to miss the traffic.

Good advice LMS. Experience tells me that the volume of traffic causing delays is worse between 8.30 & 9.30 am.

On the return journey North I prefer to put the Kessock Bridge behind me by 4.15 pm (preferably) and 4.30 pm (latest). After that all roads leading to the Kessock Bridge seem to develop a "Mad Movies" syndrome and a lot of drivers appear to grow horns. :eek:

Have a safe & stress free journey Sweep. :)

sweep
24-Nov-09, 19:28
hi all, thanks for the helpful advice
travelled to inverness today arriving at 9.20am. the traffic near the stadium had gone by then
and as forest gump would say 'that's all i have to say about that'

rob murray
25-Nov-09, 12:46
The bridge will be re surfaced etc in 2010, its predicted this will take at least six months, at this stage no plans yet in place to cope with traffic build ups. If comming from Caithness, best bet would be to swing in at Tore roundabout and head for Muir of Ord, progress to Inverness that way. However, if there is hold up ( crash etc ) on the Muir - Invenress road, then expect huge delays as most people will try and avoid the bridge, at peak times ( 08 00 - 10 00 ) in 2010