PDA

View Full Version : Yer most tranquil moment.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
22-Nov-09, 23:58
The day that I sat in front of a big boss in Thurso and said Yes.Whats yours?:)

brandy
23-Nov-09, 00:02
when after 2 days of labour they put my first born in my arms.. the world was perfect

Rheghead
23-Nov-09, 00:08
Probably the day after doing the last exam for my degree when I went walking up Scafell pike by myself knowing that didn't have to study for a long time to come. Looking down the sun-drenched fells was wonderful and a hot flask of coffee and my sandwiches for company.

joxville
23-Nov-09, 01:41
The time when the org was down. It was bliss. ;)

Kevin Milkins
23-Nov-09, 02:19
I had a cow go down in a mucky gateway while calving on a cold and frosty morning. It took me about a hour and half to get the calf out and get both of them back in a loose box .
I remember being freezing cold, covered in mud and snot, but having had a bath and change of cloths it gave me a great feeling of satiety that mother and calf were safe and warm on a clean bed of straw while I enjoyed my well earned bacon and eggs.

teddybear1873
23-Nov-09, 03:30
Seeing Wembley getting torn up in 1977.

northener
23-Nov-09, 09:17
About 48 hours after being bombed during the Falklands War.

Managing to find a quiet moment after all the running round sorting out the damage. I'm sitting on a bollard out of the wind whilst nursing a few cuts and bruises, watching the grey sea and smoking a ciggie, reflecting on the hand that life deals you and thinking:

"I think we're going to be OK".

I've never felt so calm in my whole life.

Kevin Milkins
23-Nov-09, 09:54
About 48 hours after being bombed during the Falklands War.

Managing to find a quiet moment after all the running round sorting out the damage. I'm sitting on a bollard out of the wind whilst nursing a few cuts and bruises, watching the grey sea and smoking a ciggie, reflecting on the hand that life deals you and thinking:

"I think we're going to be OK".

I've never felt so calm in my whole life.

Flipping heck northener, what sort of ciggies was you smoking?:eek:;)