PDA

View Full Version : Broadband.

cuddlepop
20-Apr-06, 16:00
Just had our package delivered today.Mr C spent an hour trying to connect and all we get is a BT frozen screen.We lost all wanadoo connections aswell.
When i made a suggestion that he could phone the help line i was informed it was on line help that was available and as the screen was frozen how could he.
Help.:roll:

mike.mckenzie
20-Apr-06, 16:51
Have you got a rubbish PC?

scorrie
20-Apr-06, 17:21
Just had our package delivered today.Mr C spent an hour trying to connect and all we get is a BT frozen screen.We lost all wanadoo connections aswell.
When i made a suggestion that he could phone the help line i was informed it was on line help that was available and as the screen was frozen how could he.
Help.:roll:

The phone number for BT Broadband Technical Support is 0845 600 7030

Hope that helps you.

pultneytooner
20-Apr-06, 18:36
Have you got a rubbish PC?

Very helpful.......:confused:

changilass
20-Apr-06, 18:43
Hope the helpline number worked, if not .........

Get your local friendly elephant to sit on it, then claim on your insurance lol

teuchter
20-Apr-06, 20:15
10 points and a E.W.D.F. badge on its way to Changilass.

changilass
20-Apr-06, 20:18
10 points and a E.W.D.F. badge on its way to Changilass.

Yippeeeeee

cuddlepop
21-Apr-06, 08:42
Would have replyed earlier but couldnt get on its as if a setting is wrong somewhere Thanks for the telephone number Scorrie.Pc is a windows xp which got an update last year as well...
Since Msn was installed for my daughter all the systems have been slow.
[smirk]

Oddquine
21-Apr-06, 09:18
You got your BB set up now, cuddlepop?

I had problems until I disabled my internal modem..........and until I removed the dial-up connection settings from my browser.

mike.mckenzie
23-Apr-06, 00:17
Listen pultneytooner, it was a valid question. There are minimum requirements for the operation of broadband as there is for any software. They may have a poor spec PC which could be the cause of the problem. Ok?

pultneytooner
23-Apr-06, 01:11
1. A computer with an available USB or Ethernet port.
2. A standard BT phone or BT ISDN2/Highway line
3. A Broadband modem/router.
4. A Visa, Visa Delta, MasterCard or Switch/Maestro card for payment

Not requirements out of the reach of most modern pc's.

Kirdon
23-Apr-06, 07:40
And windows 98 second edition or better

cuddlepop
23-Apr-06, 16:45
Broadband set up but only through the admins account.Eldest daughter had to pay someone to connact up as she kept getting gremlins.Is the operator deliberatly setting things up so you have to pay someone to connect you?[evil]