PDA

View Full Version : Katie Price - I'm A Celebrity...

cherokee
21-Nov-09, 20:11
Just curious to find out other orgers opinions on how Katie Price has been treated in the Australian jungle.

My own personal thoughts are,

Up until she appeared on IAC, I never really gave two hoots as to how she conducted her personal life after her split with Peter Andre, although, having said that, I did think she should have had a bit more consideration for how her actions would affect her children now and in later years...

Now though, having watched IAC, I think she's getting a pretty tough deal. Yeah, yeah, I know she went in there of her own free will, no one forced her (and possibly for the dosh ;) ??!!) but, I think she has come over as a more genuine person than portrayed in the press and more than willing to muck in with the rest o' 'em !!

I am starting to feel sorry for her, the poor girl shows genuine fear and her terror at the bushtucker trials is obvious !!

What do others think.......?

butterfly
21-Nov-09, 20:13
Dont be fooled by the act she puts on for the cameras.

crayola
21-Nov-09, 20:13
I think she's been brilliant. :cool:

ShelleyCowie
21-Nov-09, 20:14
I feel bad for her! Also i cant wait to see that boxer Joe do a awful trial! [evil]

Anyways i hope the public give her a break soon! She doesnt need to prove herself but it seems the public want her too! She is doing it to ensure food for her fellow jungle friends. The hell holes trial she done really well because she could have stopped at 6 but she never!!

cherokee
21-Nov-09, 20:16
Reply to Butterfly :-

Yes, quite possibly so, but, if the fear that she shows before/during the bushtucker trials isn't genuine, then she is one hell of an actress :roll: !!

crayola
21-Nov-09, 20:19
Yes, quite possibly so, but, if the fear that she shows before/during the bushtucker trials isn't genuine, then she is one hell of an actress :roll: !!
Absolutely! Either way she is doing a brilliant job.

butterfly
21-Nov-09, 20:23
Reply to Butterfly :-

I have no doubt she would be shaking in her shoes at the thought of beasties all over her,but to hear her saying she misses her babies,well i dont buy that at all.If she misses her babies what's she doing there?The woman gets on my nerves but hey thats just MY opinion!:roll:

balto
21-Nov-09, 20:27
i think the way she is being treated by the public is terriable, she has had nothing since bad press since her break up with peter, but at the end of the day there are 2 sides to every story, people should remember this.

cherokee
21-Nov-09, 20:28
I do agree with you there Butterfly, certainly a valid point.

Though I don't have kids, I can't understand a Mother wanting to leave her bairns, especially at such a young age, for such a length of time ! !

butterfly
21-Nov-09, 20:30
I do agree with you there Butterfly, certainly a valid point.

Though I don't have kids, I can't understand a Mother wanting to leave her bairns, especially at such a young age, for such a length of time ! !

Thanks.She is brave though,i'll give her that!

butterfly
21-Nov-09, 21:30
i think the way she is being treated by the public is terriable, she has had nothing since bad press since her break up with peter, but at the end of the day there are 2 sides to every story, people should remember this.

I reckon the bad press is all her own doing.She has never missed an opportunity to slag off her ex while he has kept a more dignified silence.He kept his mouth shut because he was thinking of their kids,pity she couldnt do the same.The public are not stupid and thats why they are putting her up for all this challenges.It makes for good tv though!;)

Jester
21-Nov-09, 21:32
Has she really left her kids behind, or are they at the 5 star hotel less than a mile from the supposed 'jungle'?
I suspect the public are voting for her, as they believe the nonsense written in tabloids and glossy magazines. Still, she has made many millions out of them over the years, so a few grim tasks is still no big deal really.

bettedaviseyes
21-Nov-09, 23:01
i dont really care about katie price she is her own worst enemy:confused.............

kim to win she has had me in tears laughting tonight:lol:

Jester
21-Nov-09, 23:16
kim to win she has had me in tears laughting tonight:lol:

She almost had me revisiting my own tea :eek: - that was grim

telfordstar
21-Nov-09, 23:29
Leat she earning the 350k shes being paid.

cherokee
22-Nov-09, 00:09
It's actually 250k - but lets not disagree over a few grand ;) !!!

Well I still think the girl has gotta lotta bottle - all power to her, just can't believe she's back in for tomorrow night's trial - Good Luck Katie !!

Iffy
22-Nov-09, 00:13
She almost had me revisiting my own tea :eek: - that was grim

You're not kidding Jester, I was having a glass of milk at the time....... baaaaaad idea, LOL :eek::eek: !!!!!!

I started to sound like Kim .................

Boozeburglar
22-Nov-09, 02:36
You heard it here first! She is having Justin and Colin's Love Child!

Fran
22-Nov-09, 03:10
What I would like to know is, how have her false nails stayed on when climbing a rock and putting her hands in holes to unscrew stars inside. She must have some very strong glue on them!!!

liz19
22-Nov-09, 14:42
Just curious to find out other orgers opinions on how Katie Price has been treated in the Australian jungle.

My own personal thoughts are,

Up until she appeared on IAC, I never really gave two hoots as to how she conducted her personal life after her split with Peter Andre, although, having said that, I did think she should have had a bit more consideration for how her actions would affect her children now and in later years...

Now though, having watched IAC, I think she's getting a pretty tough deal. Yeah, yeah, I know she went in there of her own free will, no one forced her (and possibly for the dosh ;) ??!!) but, I think she has come over as a more genuine person than portrayed in the press and more than willing to muck in with the rest o' 'em !!

I am starting to feel sorry for her, the poor girl shows genuine fear and her terror at the bushtucker trials is obvious !!

What do others think.......?

I agree I like Katie and think that she should be excluded for nominations to do the trials surely all of the celebrities are there to take their turn so I think if they are voted one wk they should be automatically excluded the next so everyone can take a turn - She is definately hardy though no way I would of gone into the jungle (regardless of how much they offered me) let alone any of the trials she has done wasn't impressed with the roll of the eyes Stuart gave her when she only got 3 stars in the vending machine trials would've like to see him do it - quite liked him until that point

katarina
22-Nov-09, 14:57
to be honest, I'm sick of watching her do all the trials. They should just name it the Katy Price show. Yes I do admire her guts, but come on, I want to see what else is going on in the jungle. lets all vote for that horrible joe tonight so we can see some one else do something. Kim's already done two trials too.

Askmeaboutavon
22-Nov-09, 15:03
Sorry but i think she gets everything she deserves! She likes to use the press when it suits her and then complains that they won't leave her alone! Sorry love but you are not exactly a shrinking violet!

Most women that i know of slink into the background while going through a divorce not throw themselves into the limelight as much as possible!

As for I'm a Celebrity..........she obviously thought she was going to get a huge sympathy vote and that little theory has majorly backfired! She hasn't exactly conducted herself with dignity in the last few months and she wonders why she isnt little miss popular! Don't know why she thought she would be treated in any other way!

butterfly
22-Nov-09, 15:18
Sorry but i think she gets everything she deserves! She likes to use the press when it suits her and then complains that they won't leave her alone! Sorry love but you are not exactly a shrinking violet!

Most women that i know of slink into the background while going through a divorce not throw themselves into the limelight as much as possible!

As for I'm a Celebrity..........she obviously thought she was going to get a huge sympathy vote and that little theory has majorly backfired! She hasn't exactly conducted herself with dignity in the last few months and she wonders why she isnt little miss popular! Don't know why she thought she would be treated in any other way!

Your spot on there.:)

Jester
22-Nov-09, 15:46
All these 'celebrities' go on this show for one reason - to try and kickstart their career. Let's face it, if nothing else they keep themselves in the tabloids/glossy mags for a few weeks, and then get on daytime tv upon arrival back in the UK.
Any publicity is good publicity, and nobody craves attention like Katie Price/Jordan - what is she actually famous for anyway? :confused
I think the British public has a great sense of humour and keeps voting for the worst acts eg Katie Price, Jedward (John and Edward), and that hopeless male news reader on dancing/skating show when it was on.
This is TV at its lowest ebb, but I keep watching :lol:

cherokee
22-Nov-09, 23:22
Yes, she does crave attention, and good grief, in this show, has she got it !!
As somebody else said, it's rapidly turning into the Katie Price Show !!

But, I stand by what I said initially and that is -
Katie has shown some ammount o' courage in the trials - I would love to know how many of the general public, who are voting her to do these trials, would actually have the guts to do it themselves I wonder.......I'd guess not a lot :roll::roll: ??

Good on you girl for refusing to do the next one - I totally agree with you!!

Boozeburglar
23-Nov-09, 00:42
I have always liked her based on the interviews I have heard. She is a diamond. :)

Kodiak
23-Nov-09, 01:21
I personally think that it all a complete CON. I do believe that Katie doing these trials was all arranged before she came into the jungle. Why do I say I hear you ask.

My reason is this. Every one of the Celebrities in the Jungle are getting paid £65,00 for their length of stay in the Jungle. That is except Katie who is being Paid £350,000.

Now why is that, is it because she was contracted to do all the TRIALS. If this is the case then everyone who phoned in has wasted their money. She is even acting like she is fully aware that each Bush Tucker Trial will be given to her. So for me it is just one big CON and I for one will not be phoning in.

jean
23-Nov-09, 07:37
I personally think that it all a complete CON. I do believe that Katie doing these trials was all arranged before she came into the jungle. Why do I say I hear you ask.

My reason is this. Every one of the Celebrities in the Jungle are getting paid £65,00 for their length of stay in the Jungle. That is except Katie who is being Paid £350,000.

Now why is that, is it because she was contracted to do all the TRIALS. If this is the case then everyone who phoned in has wasted their money. She is even acting like she is fully aware that each Bush Tucker Trial will be given to her. So for me it is just one big CON and I for one will not be phoning in.
thats so not fair, she should get the same pay as the rest!

dragonfly
23-Nov-09, 08:36
well the money can't be that important to her as this mornings news says she's walked off the show!!

Thumper
23-Nov-09, 09:04
I think it was planned this way all along-and actually had this discussion last night.They had Katie on to do the trials,then all along they were going to let her go before the voting took place,it upped the viewers and no doubt upped the calls!Well thats my opinion anyway x

wickscorrie
23-Nov-09, 09:33
now if she was a businessman he would be getting applauded, so in the days of equal opportunities wd Katie
does she give a iota about what the public think Hmm! maybe but she knows how to sell herself
as i said a true businessman!!!