PDA

View Full Version : iPlayer on Wii

Serenity
21-Nov-09, 17:37
Had anyone else tried this yet (I mean the new software). It is amazing. Installed it yesterday and watched a few things. I was expecting it to buffer all over the place but it hardly did. If it buffered it was no more than once per programme and it buffered just long enough so it caught up enough and wasn't doing that annoying constant stop-start buffering that youtube can do sometimes.
So happy with this as there is never anything I want to watch on telly when I am in. So now can catch up with all my comedy and a little documentary :)
Also I bought the Wii a year ago and have hardly used it so to have found a use is an added extra. I'm planning on buying a Wii fit plus next month so it will defo not be a defunct white box for much longer :)

Anyway I highly recommend the iPlayer software - find it on the shop channel (it is free!).

hails4
21-Nov-09, 19:59
I always watch e iPlayer on my hubbys PS3, would never go back til watching in again on the laptop, quality much better on the PS3!!!

Macwull
21-Nov-09, 21:50
Used the Iplayer on the PS3 many times and its really good, not tried the wii yet but was planning on downloading it soon. The BBC Iplayer is definatley at the fore front of ondemand content and is the most widely avaible.

I usually watch BBC Replay on my Vbox though! Not all content avaible on this and no HD option.

redeyedtreefrog
21-Nov-09, 21:59
Ooh last time i tried it was only through the Internet channel. I'm off to get it now then. :D

Macwull
21-Nov-09, 22:42
Just downloaded it and watched 2 things, no buffering at all, class!!:cool:

Mr P Cannop
21-Nov-09, 23:13
how long does it take to download it ??

emszxr
22-Nov-09, 09:50
well that would be good if we had broadband [evil]

JWM
22-Nov-09, 12:38
Tried to download this however keep getting errors can download other things from shop channel.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Askmeaboutavon
22-Nov-09, 15:08
Just downloaded it in a matter of seconds! No problems with it at all! Always had problems with it on the pc and much easier to watch it on the TV! Great!