PDA

View Full Version : Tim Minchin

hercs22
21-Nov-09, 12:20
not sure if this is the right place for this but was just wondering if anyone had heard of the wonderful Mr Tim Minchin? and if so what do you think?

i would recommend checking him out he is a comedian/musician kinda along the lines of Bill Bailety but alot more music he is an amazing pianist. However i will warn if you are easily offened by bad language he is not for the faint hearted his humour is at times quite black.

check out some of his stuff on you tube anyway let me know what ya think, if you like i have a facebook group set up to try and get Tim to do a gig up north rather down in Glasgow now having just finished his UK tour this will be awhile away but gives alot of time to convince hin haha.:Razz

Serenity
21-Nov-09, 14:46
Tim Minchin is awesome but I would say his only similarity to Bill Bailey really is the crazy hair.
What is the link to your facebook group?
Have you a favourite song? I have too many, the lyrics are so clever and funny and he is a trained concert pianist. I would say a good introduction would be "Rock and Roll Nerd".

hercs22
21-Nov-09, 14:56
i know hes not really like Bill in the things he talks about but for people that have no idea who he is its gives the idea hes a musical comdedian.

link for facebook is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=178482994235&ref=mf i only just set it up the other day so not really anything on it an only 11 people haha.

i dunno if i could pick a fave although i really like dark side and mitsubishi colt. what about you?

redeyedtreefrog
21-Nov-09, 17:22
I love Storm, Inflatable You, and If I Didn't Have You

Serenity
21-Nov-09, 17:30
I love Storm, Inflatable You, and If I Didn't Have You

"If I didn't Have You" is probably my favourite. The way it is taking the pee out of these kinda songs and is logical about love etc. I love logic!!
But I love the sentiment on "White Wine In The Sun (Christmas Song)" - exactly how I feel about Christmas!

And "Prejudice" - I totally did not see that coming (maybe I should have, but I literally rofled).

Serenity
21-Nov-09, 17:56
Also "Peace Anthem for Palestine" is amazing - the version on youtube from BBC Three is worth watching :)

hercs22
21-Nov-09, 18:27
haha thanks for that i love watchin different versions of the songs.

have you seen the song he did on friday night with jonathan ross i thought it was really funny and clever well just on par with the rest of Tim's stuff.

i'm just so in aww of his skills its like the piano playing an the comedy and keeping a straight face although i love it when he laughs during some songs. and omg he has amazing eyes.

i just got so f**king rock the dvd yest total love it got loads in i havnt seen on the E4 tv version.

zappster
21-Nov-09, 18:52

have you seen the song he did on friday night with jonathan ross i thought it was really funny and clever well just on par with the rest of Tim's stuff.

i'm just so in aww of his skills its like the piano playing an the comedy and keeping a straight face although i love it when he laughs during some songs. and omg he has amazing eyes.

i just got so f**king rock the dvd yest total love it got loads in i havnt seen on the E4 tv version.

Yea i saw the Jonathan Ross song it was hysterical!!!heres a link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIm8WgwkTeI

Tilly Teckel
21-Nov-09, 19:23
LOVE HIM! What a cool guy, the funniest and most talented comedian in ages!

hercs22
22-Nov-09, 00:38
he is amazing please help support my facebook group its along shot but you never know!:D

Tilly Teckel
22-Nov-09, 01:15
Have joined - good on ya for such a fantastic idea!

hercs22
22-Nov-09, 02:25
thanks heres hoping it works lol got a while to wait tho considerin hes touring auss till feb at least lol

Metalattakk
22-Nov-09, 04:35
Tim Minchin? Mildly humorous, but no Richard Digance (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=richard+digance&search_type=&aq=f). ;)

Alan16
22-Nov-09, 05:26
He is absolutely. When you've had copious amounts of alcohol, he sounds even better. Trust me!

Saw him live in Perth about 3 weeks ago. A. Mazing.

Favourite song is probably "Confessions". Hilarious.

hercs22
22-Nov-09, 12:59
dam ur so lucky i was desperaste to go see him but i couldnt get tickets which just have to wait for his next tour

Serenity
01-Jul-10, 16:05
GOOD NEWS!
Tim plays Glasgow SECC on Mon 18th April 2011 and Aberdeen AECC Tue 19th April 2011 :)
Tickets on sale tomorrow I think.
For some reason he is playing England and Wales venues this December though.

ETA: Judging by the size of the venues now I think Inverness is out of the question!

scorrie
01-Jul-10, 16:17

Just a friendly piece of advice. Masking swearwords is forbidden on this site. This has led to problems for original posters, and people who quote the offending section, in the past.

ShelleyCowie
01-Jul-10, 16:23
Tim Minchin is awsome and so funny! :)

annthracks
02-Jul-10, 19:33
His Pope song has got it nailed, gets funnier with every playing

Sage
02-Jul-10, 22:15
Love Tim Minchin...he's just amazing.

And totally with you there, the Pope song just gets better and better (esp with the little animation on YouTube ;) )

Serenity
02-Jul-10, 23:01
Got my tickets for Secc this morning. Long time to wait though. Just saw him on Jonathan Ross show.

Alan16
02-Jul-10, 23:17
Looking at the tickets online and they're now at almost £40 a ticket. Much more than the £17 I paid to see him last year, but even so, he's worth every penny of that £40. Wish I could go see him again, but sadly not.