PDA

View Full Version : bullying

compo
20-Apr-06, 08:37
well its happening in our family one of my kids has just broken down saying that they are being bullied at school a distressing time ahead for all. i wonder if these oyung people realise the distress that they cause to their fellow human beings. i understand that the new rector is realy down on the the whole bullying thing well he will be geting a visit thats for sure. on questoning my child it would apear that the culprits are the so called popular crettins ie those with all the toys latest this and that i myself am furiouse and just aswell i am of to work abroad today. the only consolation i supose is the fact that they are not alone and thats also a shame for all the others. i would apeal to all orgers that if they are in the same boat to get something done about this and if their children are the bullies to sort out their kids. what can the child do about it well thats a problem in its self but if you push someone to far then they snap and then they either do someone harm or more likely harm them selves. why did i post this well geting it of my chest i suppose. i can only hope that the problem is resolved. thank you.

nancypotter45
20-Apr-06, 08:52
Hope everything works out okay for your child and your family.

simpsoney
20-Apr-06, 10:20
I can totally sympathise with you compo. My 6year old son was getting bullied earlier this year in and out of school. By the time we found out he was getting bullied it was at the stage where it was a fight to get him to go to school. This affected him really bad. I was heart breaking for me to know this was going on. We eventually found out who the bullies were and spoke to their parents. The initial reaction we got was " it wouldnt be my children" but eventually they spoke to their children and i came out that yes they (two of them who were quite a bit older) were bullying my son. We spoke to the parents again and they had a stern word with their kids and eventually it got sorted out. And "touch wood" it hasnt happened since.

Its a hard thing to sort out but i hope everything turns out ok in the end.

krieve
20-Apr-06, 11:09
I got bullied in primary school, :( The bully turned all my friends against me she used to call me names, push me about .One day it was snowing she chased me down the road at lunch time, picked up a big bit of ice and threw it at me.The bullying had been going on for over a year! it was the day that she had chased me that i had decided enough was enough.When i got back to school after lunch i went to the head teacher and told her all about it!
My headteacher did'nt believe me she did nothing about it .I went home and told my parents what had been going on and they went to the girls houses that were bullying me. They all admitted it the next day my mother went to the school and had words with the headteacher. The bullying stopped i was'nt the first person or the last that that girl bullied.[mad]

I hope everything gets sorted out for your child .

cuddlepop
20-Apr-06, 15:55
It seems to be a common problem with most schools these days.Nothing that is said or done seems to make a difference.The bully only stops when they dont get the desired reaction.i wish it was possible for the bully to see the devestating effects of their handy work long after the persons has left school.
Goodluck with the school and remember its your child right to be happy in school.

Bingobabe
20-Apr-06, 19:04
Bulling a horrible thing to happen to anyone espically a child as we all know children can be very cruel.I also suffered bulling as a child and teenager as in the school i was very quiet this made me even more of a target to these horrible people.Anyway the worm always turns and i sure did but because of the constant put downs it did very little for my self estem but thankfully i got over the worst of it and live to fight another day and thankfully i am an entirely diffrent person today i would never allow anyone to speak to me in an inappropriate manner they wouldnt have a leg to stand on by the time i had finished with them.But it does effect people diffrently no offensive to the teachers but theres little they can do to help the only thing i can say is bite back cause its the only way they will leave them alone as bullys are really cowards as they prey on the vunerable.

Ricco
20-Apr-06, 20:51
Bullying is a big problem in schools and can be very difficult to spot, deal with and stop. It is a factor of life that every organism (us included) endeavours to get to the top of the pile. Children are doing what comes natural and don't realise what harm they are doing, especially if they have never been bullied themselves.

What's the answer? Goodness knows; I find that getting the bully and the victim together without an audience and making the bully shut up and listen to what the victim has to say works quite well. Also, trying to coach the victim in personal confidence and greater belief in themselves helps to strengthen their character.:confused

Big G
20-Apr-06, 22:42
I think bullying is horrible! I also used to get picked on when i was at school but now i have left i dont really care what people think and say about me!
I never used to believe this that bullies themselves are being bullied and like to take it out on others, but after working in a school in the playground i have seen it is very true!
I dont agree with the victim turning around and lashing out or throwing cheek at the bully as that will make the bully even more angry and it will end up in a big fight! I think the victim should ingnore what is said to them and go straight to an adult in the playground or straight into the headteacher or staffroom and tell a teacher.
I think it is VERY hard to spot bullying in schools as the victim usually hangs around with the bullies and are to scared to leave the group or tell someone.
The best was i think to deal with bullies is to get them all together and get the victim to tell the group what has been happening and said and done to them and let the bullies sit there and listen to what they have been doing - the bullies are NOT allowed to say anything until it is there turn to say something- and that way if the bullies are hearing what they are doing and how the victim feels about it all - they might just put themselves in the victims shoes and see if they would like it!
Bullies think they are hard and every1 is scared of them!

So if you are being bullied go straight in and tell someone - dont let it make u upset or depressed! TELL SOMEONE!

WOW that was long! phew!

Venture
20-Apr-06, 22:59
I know it seems the right thing to do, to go to someone and tell them about the bullying but sometimes it can make matters worse for the victim. A lot of kids wont tell because then they are called a grass or if their parents report it theyre just a Mummys boy. Maybe if there was a bit more supervision outside the school at lunchtimes and break it wouldnt happen so often although I know it goes on inside the school as well. The things that go on outside WHS at luchtimes have to be seen to be believed and nobody does anything about it.

Hopefully Mr Traill will be taking a firmer hand with the bullies because Mr Manson certainly didnt handle it proplerly he was too much of a soft touch. First years especially find it very hard to stand up to these people and the older ones make life very difficult for them.

Big G
20-Apr-06, 23:08
Oh yeah Mr Trail will sort it out! a roaring from him will scare the you know what out of the bullies!!

And there is enough supervision outside at breaks etc well at the primary school i work at there is because i am one of the people that do it and it is very hard to spot bullying - unless ofcourse you see a huge fight or actually hear andthing being said nasty about people!