PDA

View Full Version : Coffee machines, Krups vs Tassimo

Julia
20-Nov-09, 22:38
Looking for some info regarding single serve coffee machines, has anybody got either a Krups Dolce Gusto, Senseo or Tassimo? Just want to know your opinions please before I decide which model to buy.

Thanks

YummyMummy
20-Nov-09, 23:59
Julia

I bought my husband the Krups Dolce Gusto for his birthday at thebeginning of the month. It is FAB. Can't praise it enough. Bought it cause of its good revews; it looks good and importantly, you can buy the pods from Tesco.

The children love the hot chocolate, husband likes latte & cappacino (the "skinny" versions are just as good) and I like the regular back coffees. It's easy to use (and quick) and no mess or fuss. I was a wee bit worried about it using just pods, but can honestly say it tastes great - perfect filter taste.

So impressed, am buying this for joint Christmas pressies for my in-laws and sister and her partner and am going to put one in my holiday home!

Hope this helps.

poppett
21-Nov-09, 00:01
We have a senseo after seeing and tasting it in action in Holland. Buy the pods and other goodies from senseo direct.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
21-Nov-09, 00:09
hey julia
the reviews on argos for all 3 paint a picture , but the beauty of argos is their returns policy ... try all 3 one after another, returning them after a few days with some phoney baloney excuse and then choose the best one for yourself !

i got through a few george foremans this way before choosing !

Sandra_B
21-Nov-09, 11:26
I love my Tassimo!

telfordstar
21-Nov-09, 15:15
Team tassimo all the way!!!!!!

Rheghead
21-Nov-09, 16:03
I have a Tassimo and I'm very pleased with it. Cafe crema is my fave. Not tried the other machines.

EDDIE
22-Nov-09, 12:54
I have a gaggia classic it makes a good capochino and expresso when u get a machine that froths the milk by steam its really fine but like most gadgets its the cleaning after wards all the parts its a hasstle

Margaret M.
22-Nov-09, 14:24
I have a Senseo -- I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't use it much. It's OK but I'm not overly impressed.

hey julia
the reviews on argos for all 3 paint a picture , but the beauty of argos is their returns policy ... try all 3 one after another, returning them after a few days with some phoney baloney excuse and then choose the best one for yourself !

i got through a few george foremans this way before choosing !

If we all did that, prices would go through the ceiling.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
22-Nov-09, 14:55
If we all did that, prices would go through the ceiling.

that's why i suggested Julia do it, not everyone :roll:

Rheghead
22-Nov-09, 15:24
The tassimo is easy to clean. Sometimes it needs a run-through with water and a quick clean around the t disc tray with a tissue. I've never cleaned out the drip tray as I leave it till the drips stop.

Julia
22-Nov-09, 17:42
Thanks for all your advice, weighing up the cost of the actual coffee capsules and after reading some reviews as well I've bought the Krups machine.

edayhouse
25-Nov-09, 17:24
I love the Krupes machine. If you are looking for some more coffee refills ebay often have good deals when you buy alot at once.
Enjoy

Scorpio12thNov
28-Nov-09, 15:15
I never took to the Tassimo machine tbh, eh auld dutch had one & it had to be cleaned regular. Not to mention the coffee tasting like water it was that weak...Plus it's expensive.

I ended up gettin a 1cup cafetierre...