PDA

View Full Version : a simple answear

im behind you
18-Nov-09, 21:00
do the moderaters need to get a grip yes or no

George Brims
18-Nov-09, 21:16
Yes. They need to chuck off all the people who can neither spell nor punctuate.

unicorn
18-Nov-09, 21:18
No
If you don't like the moderation and cannot abide by a few simple rules that is your problem and not theirs.

Ricco
18-Nov-09, 21:28
Nope - they are doing a grand job. Try another forum if you want more action! ;)

... and before you get upset..... you did ask!

Serenity
18-Nov-09, 21:56
I just wish they would give me an answer to a straightforward question I have asked them.

redeyedtreefrog
18-Nov-09, 21:57
They do a good job of enforcing the rules they have.

changilass
18-Nov-09, 22:04

Who's rattled your cage?

... and what exactly do you suggest they get a grip of?

Stavro
18-Nov-09, 22:08

The less we see of the moderators, the better the job that they are obviously doing. :)

Whitewater
18-Nov-09, 22:59
The moderators are all OK. Never had a problem with them, and have had all questions I put to them answered to my satisfaction. I have to agree with Stavro onthis one.

Invisible
18-Nov-09, 23:11
No, they have been chosen as moderators for a reason, and we as users have to respect their decisions.

Alan16
18-Nov-09, 23:16
They could do with communicating a bit more, but apart from that they do just fine.

northener
18-Nov-09, 23:19
They are the Ninjas of the .Org.

By the time you realise they are there...it's already too late for you.:Razz

Fit in or.......off

telfordstar
18-Nov-09, 23:26
Yes. They need to chuck off all the people who can neither spell nor punctuate.

Well well another of the punctuation police eh. This rattttles my nerves big time. Mr perfect. Its you who needs to get a grip. rant over...............

Whitewater
18-Nov-09, 23:27
Nice one Northener and so true.

Tubthumper
18-Nov-09, 23:31
No they don't

golach
18-Nov-09, 23:51
I am totatally happy with the Mods, they do a thankless job. More power to their infractions [lol]

George Brims
19-Nov-09, 01:08
Well well another of the punctuation police eh. This rattttles my nerves big time. Mr perfect. Its you who needs to get a grip. rant over...............
It's you who needs to develop a sense of humour.

trix
19-Nov-09, 01:20

indeed, indeed....i wis laughin ma pants off...!! :lol:

Nacho
19-Nov-09, 02:39
indeed, indeed....i wis laughin ma pants off...!! :lol:

you must wear baggy knickers Trix ... be standing up .... while hula hooping ...

.... surely it wasn't that funny .... :confused

Metalattakk
19-Nov-09, 02:43
you must wear baggy knickers Trix ... be standing up .... while hula hooping ...

Now that just doesn't bear thinking about... :eek:

trix
19-Nov-09, 10:12
.... surely it wasn't that funny .... :confused

maybe choost ma humour at 'e time o' nicht it wis :Razz

BRIE
19-Nov-09, 11:28
sometimes the mods do have a sense of humour failure & there are certain ones who get a bit trigger happy with the infractions. They should start communicating better though Ive given up putting questions to them or wanting to know anything as they never reply!:(

telfordstar
19-Nov-09, 13:06

Blah blah blah blah

Invisible
19-Nov-09, 13:19
I'm surprised to see that the Moderators haven't commented on this thread yet.

shazzap
19-Nov-09, 13:26

How would you know if they had?

Invisible
19-Nov-09, 13:30
It would come up as Moderator under their name would it not?

shazzap
19-Nov-09, 13:33

But don't Mods also have another user name to use as a general user?

Invisible
19-Nov-09, 13:38

Pass, im not sure on that one.

Tubthumper
19-Nov-09, 13:41
Nothing heard from the OP. 'I'm behind you' is just another noise.

Bobinovich
19-Nov-09, 16:25

Why - I would say the Orgers have voiced their opinions very well and the vast majority are happy with the level of Moderation found on the Org. You're never going to please everyone no matter how hard you try so we're often damned if we do and damned if we don't :roll:

Nope :D. Moderators became anonymous as a result of an IRL situation. If anyone needs to contact the Mod team then need only send a PM to the Moderator account.

Nope - Mods only have the one username - we were all Orgers before becoming Mods and still post our own thoughts under our names. When moderating we access the above Moderator account from which PMs, warnings & infractions can be sent.

shazzap
19-Nov-09, 16:33
Nope - Mods only have the one username - we were all Orgers before becoming Mods and still post our own thoughts under our names. When moderating we access the above Moderator account from which PMs, warnings & infractions can be sent.

golach
19-Nov-09, 16:41
That is what i meant.
Moderators have their own username, but it does not say mod under it. So how would anyone know if you have or haven't replied in this thread, if you get what i mean.

Why would the Moderators need to be identified? So those that break the rules or feel ill done by, can attack them on the forums, and dont say that, that would not happen. We all know the identity of the Admin, and you see the nonsense thats posted to them.
If I were a Mod I would not want my user id to known to all.
If one gets an infraction or a pm from the Moderators, that is when you know they read your posts. Seemples [lol]

shazzap
19-Nov-09, 16:47
Why would the Moderators need to be identified? So those that break the rules or feel ill done by, can attack them on the forums, and dont say that, that would not happen. We all know the identity of the Admin, and you see the nonsense thats posted to them.
If I were a Mod I would not want my user id to known to all.
If one gets an infraction or a pm from the Moderators, that is when you know they read your posts. Seemples [lol]

I didn't say anything about wanting the mods identified but was responding to a post by Bobinovich.

im behind you
19-Nov-09, 18:21
sorry every one but i was not on about the mods on here. but at the examiner at my university he was being an arse and needs to get a grip.

Miss Mack
19-Nov-09, 18:32
Don't think I believe that one :confused!

trix
19-Nov-09, 18:51
i ken who 5 o' 'e mods are, an i kwite lek them...

we'v hed a few fallins oots, some more serious than ithers...but ye hev til maintain a sense o' humour :lol:

butterfly
19-Nov-09, 23:12

sorry every one but i was not on about the mods on here. but at the examiner at my university he was being an arse and needs to get a grip.

Aye,that's what your saying now,feedback not to your liking then?

Stavro
19-Nov-09, 23:28
Aye,that's what your saying now,feedback not to your liking then?

Good observation, butterfly. Also, the original post was "moderators" (plural), not "examiner" (singular). :D

Metalattakk
20-Nov-09, 03:27
Maybe s/he was referring to the Moderators of the General Synod. :rolleyes:

Butterfly seems to have it spot on though. :cool:

Venture
20-Nov-09, 09:54

What University are you at then? Is the course a grammar and spelling one by any chance?;):)

changilass
20-Nov-09, 10:29
Allow the poor chap/chapess to bow out gracefully.

Does it really matter who he/she was originally aiming it at.

Backed into a corner he/she is more likely to come out fighting rather than slinking off quietly.

BRIE
20-Nov-09, 13:28

sounds like the infractions have began!
the forum rules do cover anyone who questions the work the mods do, they class it as 'trolling' & infractions will be given,I should know!;)
"Trolling"
This describes various practices including, starting a thread with a view to raising the tempers of others, bringing back to the top old threads that have died out naturally with a pointless quip, needling other members into a pointless argument. Accusations of trolling will be based on our own view of posts and the initial reaction by our members.

trix
20-Nov-09, 17:49
so how do ye become a mod then?

i wid kwite lek 'at chob :D:Razz

Thumper
20-Nov-09, 18:45
so how do ye become a mod then?

i wid kwite lek 'at chob :D:Razz

You just have to be a nice genuine person Trix-so ye should be fine :D
Seriously though,as far as I am aware you have to be approached to be a mod x

Stavro
20-Nov-09, 19:46
What University are you at then? Is the course a grammar and spelling one by any chance?;):)

:lol:

Don't know, but hope the lecturears answear a few questiones!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Nov-09, 20:29
I find the moderation in this place non-existent.The moderators are non-existent.That means thier doing thier unpaid job right.:lol::lol:

21-Nov-09, 00:19
The Moderation team are in touch with the original poster. This thread is now closed.