PDA

View Full Version : L/h & r/h????????

rs 2k
18-Nov-09, 13:09
Hi

Could someone please tell me, when people say L/H and R/H of a car is that when u r facing it at the front or the back? :confused

I am trying to order a part for hubby's car and all it says is R/H or L/H side :eek:

Tried phoning the company 3 times and no answer

Thanx any help would b a great

shazzap
18-Nov-09, 13:22
Hi

Could someone please tell me, when people say L/H and R/H of a car is that when u r facing it at the front or the back? :confused

I am trying to order a part for hubby's car and all it says is R/H or L/H side :eek:

Tried phoning the company 3 times and no answer

Thanx any help would b a great

RH is drivers side.:)

rs 2k
18-Nov-09, 13:27
Thats great

Thanx very much

Better get this part ordered now :lol:

tonkatojo
18-Nov-09, 14:28
RH is drivers side.:)

What if the vehicle comes with Right and left hand drive spec as well

Mik.M.
18-Nov-09, 15:59
What if the vehicle comes with Right and left hand drive spec as well
Defined as left or right as viewed from sitting inside the car,so it doesn`t matter if it`s left or right hand drive.

stewart4364
18-Nov-09, 18:27
It is often referred to as nearside (nearest verge) and offside instead of left or right. Quoted in this way avoids any confusion.

EDDIE
18-Nov-09, 18:36
Assuming your sitting in the car left hand side is to the left also know as nearside and to the right is the right hand also know as offside

rs 2k
18-Nov-09, 18:51
I always know when they say nearside or offside coz i go by nearside is at the kerb while driving [lol]

Now i know L/H and R/H is also while driving [lol]

George Brims
19-Nov-09, 01:14
It is often referred to as nearside (nearest verge) and offside instead of left or right. Quoted in this way avoids any confusion.
On the contrary, that way of saying it has always confused me, probably because a certain relative, when I was wee, asked "Near to what? The edge or the middle?". On the other hand, if someone said left or right side of the car, I would automatically assume that was from the viewpoint of the driver, not somebody outside the car.