PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live issues.

loganbiffy
17-Nov-09, 14:14
Hi there folks, I'm having trouble with Xbox live since i changed ISP 2 weeks ago.
I have always used the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter to connect to Live and never had a problem until now.

Basically I can connect to my network and to Xbox Live but then Xbox Love always disconnects after 30 minutes (approx).

I have forwarded ports on my router and yet it still disconnects.
The router is a ZyXEL Prestige 660HW, anyine have any ideas please?

Thanks.

M R
20-Nov-09, 21:57
Have you switched routers when you changed isp's ?

I have an issue when playing Forza 3 and using the BT Home Hub. It disconnects me randomly when racing online. Apprently something to do with the firmware on the router and the P2P connection method Forza uses.

Worth checking this : By defualt our routers make the Xbox Live NAT strict this does not help with online gaming which prefers for the NAT option to be set to "Open"
To do this you need to set the Xbox for dynamic addressing (defualt) and then go to the UPnP option and tick ALL the boxes. Retest the network settings on the XBox and you will now find that you are in "Open" NAT.

Try diabling the Firewall also, seems to be a problem with this router being to aggressive........

the_big_mac
22-Nov-09, 11:36
Hi there folks, I'm having trouble with Xbox live since i changed ISP 2 weeks ago.
I have always used the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter to connect to Live and never had a problem until now.

Basically I can connect to my network and to Xbox Live but then Xbox Love always disconnects after 30 minutes (approx).

I have forwarded ports on my router and yet it still disconnects.
The router is a ZyXEL Prestige 660HW, anyine have any ideas please?

Thanks.

Is your xbox chipped? If so then thats your problem. Xbox live have disconnected all users identified to have a chipped console.

angusk2
22-Nov-09, 13:32
Nope thats not his problem as he would get a msg saying "this machine is banned from xbox live for violating the terms of agreement" trust me I know.I had this same problem with Sky a few weeks ago after BT changed my telephone number and my broadband got disconnected and then re-connected a simple phone call to Sky and they ran a few checks seen there was a problem and fixed it,although I dont know what the problem was because am still waiting for the call back!!But point is its working the way its supposed to be so my advice is phone your provider.

M R
22-Nov-09, 23:21
You can't go online with a chipped console anyway, never have been able to, MS have always been able to detect a chip. Imediate ban.

Logan, you got any further with this issue ?