PDA

View Full Version : Bailey's Oreo Cheese Cake - tried and tested!

Leanne
16-Nov-09, 20:05
OMG this is to die for!

Ingredients

40g/1ľoz unsalted butter
150g/5oz Oreo cookies, or similar
2 egg, yolks only
40g/1ľoz caster sugar
250g/9oz cream cheese
100g/3ľoz Irish whiskey cream liqueur
2 tsp leaf gelatine
30ml/1fl oz water
1 tsp zest of minneola (or normal orange if not in season)
225g/8oz double cream
50g/2oz dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, grated, to serve

Method

1. Make the cheesecake base:melt the butter in a small saucepan on a low heat.
2. Crush the cookies in a bag using a rolling pin to a medium to fine crumb. Mix the butter with the cookie crumbs ensuring the crumbs are well coated.
3. Place a spring sided 20cm/8in ring mould or 6 individual shaped moulds of choice on a lined flat baking tray. Spoon the buttered crumbs into the mould(s) to form a base and place in the refrigerator to chill.
4. Make the cheesecake filling: place the egg yolks in a medium sized mixing bowl, add the sugar and using a hand whisk or electric whisk, mix to make a sabayon. The mixture should be at a thick ribbon stage to nearly hold its own shape, light coloured and smooth in texture.
5. In a separate bowl beat the cheese until just softened and smooth. Whisk into the egg mixture then add the Irish whiskey cream liqueur and mix until soft.
6. In a shallow dish, cover the gelatine with hot water. Leave to soak for a few minutes until softened, then drain and put into a pan with 2 tbsp/30ml/1fl oz of water. Heat gently, swirling until dissolved.
7. Cool, then whisk into the cheese mixture. Fold in the zest. Whip the double cream to soft peaks and fold in. Pour the mixture on top of the base in the tin and chill for at least 1˝ hours. When the cheesecake has set and is ready to serve, sprinkle over the grated chocolate.

mop top
16-Nov-09, 20:55
Going to have to try this one!:D

Leanne
16-Nov-09, 20:59
Going to have to try this one!:D

Please try it as it is sooooo divine I had to share!

Bobinovich
18-Nov-09, 21:47
Aw that does it, I've got to stop looking at this forum - the recipies are not good for my sanity - I can feel the pounds piling on just reading them!

Serenity
18-Nov-09, 22:01
Goodness these recipes are getting more indulgent by the year. First it was cheesecake, then Bailey's cheesecake and now Oreos are added. Might have to give it a try. Bailey's cheesecake is soooo good.