PDA

View Full Version : he's gone

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 19:40
George Burley, about time too in my opinion

Amy-Winehouse
16-Nov-09, 20:16
We had this discussion after the dUTCH match on here i think? He should have went then but the SFA should never have appointed George.

George was a fine player for Ipswich, Sunderland & Scotland but after his wee stint at Hearts he hasnt really set the heather alight in management has he??? He almost got Southampton relegated into division 2 for the first time (they ended up there eventually).

His side Kicks Terry ( I hate Maradona) Butcher & Paul Hegarty have also left.

In the end it wasnt just Kris Boyd that was sick of Burley, if you watched that performance on Saturday , those players just couldnt be arsed to try a leg. One player even said `off the record` that, "Scotland shouldnt even have been playing a friendly at the weekend & why were they ? Rumour has it it was Gary the Heid caldwell but thats another story for another day.

Who do you want for Scotland Manager this time?

I say Souness but he doesnt want it so Craig Levein or the 2 Jimmies

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 20:30
We had this discussion after the dUTCH match on here i think? He should have went then but the SFA should never have appointed George.

George was a fine player for Ipswich, Sunderland & Scotland but after his wee stint at Hearts he hasnt really set the heather alight in management has he??? He almost got Southampton relegated into division 2 for the first time (they ended up there eventually).

In the end it wasnt just Kris Boyd that was sick of Burley, if you watched that performance on Saturday , those players just couldnt be arsed to try a leg. One player even said `off the record` that, "Scotland shouldnt even have been playing a friendly at the weekend & why were they ? Rumour has it it was Gary the Heid caldwell but thats another story for another day.

I'm no sure who i want in charge, surely Alex Ferguson can be persuaded to take the post lol.
Whoever takes charge I would like to see Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch back into the team.

joxville
16-Nov-09, 20:41
I heard Scotland have a new coach lined up already.....

....it's a 36 seat Volvo. [lol]

golach
16-Nov-09, 20:43
I heard Scotland have a new coach lined up already.....

....it's a 36 seat Volvo. [lol]

Why waste money, get a 20 seater :lol:

Get Billy Stark to mange the Scotland team, look at his record as the Under 21 teams manager, they win games

upolian
16-Nov-09, 20:47
who is he?

Amy-Winehouse
16-Nov-09, 22:30
who is he?

[lol] Post of the week.:Razz

Stark played for Aberdeen during their glory days in the early 80`s & for Celtc in the late 80`s, I think he played for St Midden as well at one point
He has been coaching several clubs if memory serves me right & has ben quite successful with limited budget squads . He is now in charge of Scotland youngsters & is doing well.

He hates Rangers so he would probably go down well with the tartan trannys but he`s not big enough name for my liking. Hes doing well enough with the kids

upolian
16-Nov-09, 22:34
[lol] Post of the week.:Razz

Stark played for Aberdeen during their glory days in the early 80`s & for Celtc in the late 80`s, I think he played for St Midden as well at one point
He has been coaching several clubs if memory serves me right & has ben quite successful with limited budget squads . He is now in charge of Scotland youngsters & is doing well.

He hates Rangers so he would probably go down well with the tartan trannys but he`s not big enough name for my liking. Hes doing well enough with the kids

that explains why i dont know him[lol]i dont have the slightest interest in football but thank you anyway

Whitewater
16-Nov-09, 22:46
I don't think it would make much difference as to who is appointed. Sadly, Scotland have no outstanding players at the moment.

Rheghead
16-Nov-09, 23:02
I'd like to take on the Scotland job.

I bought FA Manager 98 and I was able to manage Manchester City from Div 2 to Premiership Championship winners within 3 seasons. I read on one of the game forums that that was impossible but I did it. :lol:

They were placed well below their true value though at the time though.

The joke at the time was, What is the similarity between Alan Ball and the Titanic? They both shouldn't have left Southampton.[lol]

mrjolly
16-Nov-09, 23:14

we wid be better with the two ronnies

teddybear1873
17-Nov-09, 07:21
we wid be better with the two ronnies

There English, danna want them.

Get the Proclaimers.

jambo
17-Nov-09, 08:41
There English, danna want them.

Get the Proclaimers.

just get ronnie corbet then he was born in edinburgh.

Invisible
17-Nov-09, 11:07
Ronnie Brown - then he can spur the team with:

"Oh flower of Scotland, COME ON!!!"

Venture
18-Nov-09, 11:12
I heard a wee whisper this morning that Walter Smith has accepted the post. ;) Can anyone confirm.

Amy-Winehouse
18-Nov-09, 11:29
Catriona Shearer said that on the BBC news this morning, but there is a press conference at 11-30. There was nothing on SSN before 10 am about it .
The BBC`s sports website says Smith is not taking the job, we `ll just have to wait & see. If he does, can he take McCoist with him please? Boyd will still be on the bench [lol]

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Nov-09, 13:52
The dodgy handshakes must have occured already, as there is no listing of any vacancies of any kind on the SFA website.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=773

Gordon Smith gave Burley the job, therefore he must go, too. A useless cretin. I also don't expect the man with no surname to walk out of Rangers to take the Scotland job, either.