PDA

View Full Version : saddles?

cat
16-Nov-09, 17:35
hi
just got this sweet wee horsey:D.need advice from anyone that has a treeless or a changeable gullet saddle plz.im sure she will change shape so not wanting to have to keep changing saddles but its changed days in the saddle world!
thanks in advance
cat

froal
16-Nov-09, 20:31
Hi, My friend has a treeless saddle and swears by it and she's got a young highland mare and i've had in the past both the fish system with Thorowgood and the changable gullet Wntec saddles and have found them good thou with the changable gullet it's quite fiddley but by far i would choose Wintec and you can't bet the price saves getting a saddler, but if your not sure on fitting it your self get a saddler ! hope this helps ! :D

Sparrow
17-Nov-09, 12:12
Hello

I have used treeless saddles before and they are good as long as you use the correct pads under them to give spine/wither clearance. I use both the wintec and the thorogood each have different qualities but equally as good. It really depends on firstly the basic shape of your horse, to get the best out of a changeable gullet saddle. Look at what other peoples horses are fitted with and compare with your own for a good start with these saddles.

Hope this helps a bit.

C

topotheuk
17-Nov-09, 12:58
Cat, never mind the saddles, where are the photos of your new horsey?
:) D xx

cat
17-Nov-09, 14:17
thanks for replies.think il try and see a saddler.got a feeling she might be bit of a tricky fit!!bit like myself:lol:
will try and get photos on as soon as i work out how to do that:confused

cameroncara
17-Nov-09, 18:41
Hiya,

I just had my saddle re-fitted a week ago, by a guy called Gavin you can contaqct him through seaforth saddlers in inverness. My saddle is a wintec vsd i bought the saddle new when i bought my horse 3 years ago, i love the fact that i can change the gullet every time he loses weight or more often than not puts on weight.
He was young when i got him and like you knew he would change shape.

cat
20-Nov-09, 16:54
hi.think im sorted for a saddle for a whiley anyway!
iv tried to upload a photo.managed to get an avatar:Razz
for some reason it will only accept one photo from my file and its not that good!anyway you can probably see it if you view my photo album:confused