PDA

View Full Version : Keep or destroy

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 14:31
Im on about my beard-like face fuzz. Facebook don't do polls so I thought I would as the great org community.

Oh and yes this is what you would call a pointless thread so don't try and tell me something I already know.:lol:

Rheghead
16-Nov-09, 15:03
Oh and yes this is what you would call a pointless thread so don't try and tell me something I already know.:lol:

It's ok, we're used to them.

katarina
16-Nov-09, 15:09
Think of all the germs that live in a beard!

Sandra_B
16-Nov-09, 15:15
I think beards are aging. My husband looks years younger without his.

changilass
16-Nov-09, 15:15
At this time of year I think ther thermal properties outweigh any other arguaments - you wouldn't cut the grass at this time of year, wait till the spring.

ps. I think you should post a pic so we know what we are keeping/removing as the case may be.

Leanne
16-Nov-09, 15:30
Beards are horrible. Stubble has a use in a romantic sense but full grown beards are gross [disgust]

pinklips
16-Nov-09, 15:30
Like a man clean shaven.
Well i hope your not a woman asking this question. [lol]

pinklips
16-Nov-09, 15:31
Beards are horrible. Stubble has a use in a romantic sense but full grown beards are gross [disgust]

Stubble is awful it rips your face to shreds.

changilass
16-Nov-09, 15:33
I really hope Santa aint reading this, he will go into a deep depression and there will be no squeezing down chimneys, so will have to pay for chimney sweep to remove all the soot.

Think of all those sad wee faces come christmas morning.

Leanne
16-Nov-09, 15:43

Who said anything about faces ;)

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 15:51

I shampoo it!

Leanne
16-Nov-09, 16:00

Only the same as you hair head I guess - but a lot closer to your mouth...

It's is a bit mingy though when you go out for food and you see someone with all their dinner stuck in it - eww!

golach
16-Nov-09, 16:06
It's ok, we're used to them.

Again and again and again [lol]

golach
16-Nov-09, 16:08

my beard has got older and older over the years, it ages with me [lol] and has got smaller also[lol]

Mik.M.
16-Nov-09, 16:11
who said anything about faces ;)

leanne!!!!!!!;)

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 16:15

maybe now ill be able to get into pubs without ID

At this time of year I think ther thermal properties outweigh any other arguaments - you wouldn't cut the grass at this time of year, wait till the spring.

ps. I think you should post a pic so we know what we are keeping/removing as the case may be.

There will be pics on Saturday with me kilt clad, if i choose to keep it that long.

Like a man clean shaven.
Well i hope your not a woman asking this question. [lol]

I can confirm I am not a woman

Only the same as you hair head I guess - but a lot closer to your mouth...

It's is a bit mingy though when you go out for food and you see someone with all their dinner stuck in it - eww!

It's not a full grown santa beard yet, only been growing a week. And dinner stuck in beards is for those who save some until later.

ShelleyCowie
16-Nov-09, 16:39
I used to absolutely detest facial hair! But my OH has a goatie/beard.

I think a man can look really good with that short stubble. But it needs to be maintained to keep that "scruffy" look! So i say keep it! ;)

pinklips
16-Nov-09, 17:01

Now now Leanne. ;)

shazzap
16-Nov-09, 17:08
Just realised i have been answering under my oh user name he was using my laptop and had not logged out.[lol]

Kevin Milkins
16-Nov-09, 17:14
It's surprising the multitude of sins a beard can hide and could even change your appearance all together.
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed the 9-11 terrorist looks a completely different guy with a beard, however, I don't think I would buy a second hand car off either of them.:eek:
http://media.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/photo/guantanamo-us-trialjpg-62c4ea592db51241_medium.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01522/Khalid-Sheikh-Moha_1522419c.jpg

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 17:21
It's surprising the multitude of sins a beard can hide and could even change your appearance all together.
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed the 9-11 terrorist looks a completely different guy with a beard, however, I don't think I would buy a second hand car off either of them.
http://media.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/photo/guantanamo-us-trialjpg-62c4ea592db51241_medium.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01522/Khalid-Sheikh-Moha_1522419c.jpg

right that's it im shaving![lol]

changilass
16-Nov-09, 17:23
NO wait, do you really want a bod that could enter a grizzly bear competition without the need for a costume.

That is one horribly hairy man.

Vistravi
16-Nov-09, 20:06

My partners is like barbed wire! I make him shave every two days and if he doesn't he doesn't get anywhere near me. He likes to cuddle up to me to sleep so it doesn't take him long to shave it off :lol:

Vistravi
16-Nov-09, 20:17
If you like it keep it, If you dinnae like it shave it. ;)

David Banks
16-Nov-09, 21:27
Keep the beard - it is as natural a part of you as anything else.

Why don't (mostly?) women - including my favourite elderly aunts - ask us to shave the left side of our head, or our chest, or cut only the nails on our right hand ?
Why just the face - jealousy perhaps ?

As you might guess, I've had a beard since I could grow one, and anybody who didn't like it could - well - avoid looking if it disturbed them so much, or - well - em - er - I'd better stop here.

Leave it for at least a month - you'll find it grows on you.
And, do buy a trimmer!

Dr Evil
16-Nov-09, 21:31
Keep the beard and if you do shave it off at least take a photo first so i can see it wen i get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne
16-Nov-09, 21:32
Why don't (mostly?) women ... ... ask us to ... ... cut only the nails on our right hand ?

Ouchie!! The same reason why stubble can be attractive makes sharp nails unattractive :Razz

northener
16-Nov-09, 22:08
Oh, for cryin gout loud!

Youse is passing judgement on a beard you haven't even seen!

If a burd came on here asking " Wot should I do with this perm, like?" You would expect a bloody picture!!!!!

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!

PICKCHERS! NOW!

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 22:20
Oh, for cryin gout loud!

Youse is passing judgement on a beard you haven't even seen!

If a burd came on here asking " Wot should I do with this perm, like?" You would expect a bloody picture!!!!!

PICKCHERS! NOW!

i did mention at the start that this IS a pointless thread.

Leanne
16-Nov-09, 22:23

This one?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/roy-halladay.jpg

or this one?

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/BeerPitcher.jpg

Or how about this?

Invisible
16-Nov-09, 22:56
picture wouldn't compliment the poll. The beard has not grown to full potential. once said event has happened i shall create a before and after display for you to choose. Stupidly whilsts trimming the beard my hand slipped. Still have my sideburns and shall have results by next week.

Phill
16-Nov-09, 23:18

Chaps the legs too apparently!

squidge
17-Nov-09, 14:23
Keep the Beard My husband has a lovely red beard and I wouldnt have him without it - its so manly!!!

I was at a party a couple of years back and this old lady looked at The Bruce's beard and then said to me "ooooh you are a lucky girl - A kiss without a beard is like egg without salt!!!!" I think she liked them too!

Fantoosh
17-Nov-09, 14:32
Keep it! I love facial hair, its like a major fetish of mine :D Its so manly and makes me weak at the knees :D

hardcore superstar
17-Nov-09, 14:49
agree with fantoosh ... there's nowt more manly than facial hair ...

... except maybe a hairy chest complete with happy trail.

(hairy back and shoulders are a no no though.)

George Brims
17-Nov-09, 21:44
I'm keeping mine. Winter's here. It was 29F/-2C yesterday morning when I left for work.

Ajax
17-Nov-09, 21:47
hi invisible i cant really comment as i do not know what you look like if you are to shave it of do it for charity i will sponsor you i like some men with beards some not i just adore george best with his beard sex on fire :Razz

Invisible
17-Nov-09, 21:59
Ajax, i look like im Amish with a beard. Im waiting till it grows bushier then i will share, if i havent got fed up with it by then.

RecQuery
18-Nov-09, 01:00
Dude beards are awesome! as reference here (http://www.thinkin-lincoln.com/index.php?strip_id=253), I'm a geek though, so somewhat biased.

SAGE

/thread

riggerboy
18-Nov-09, 08:56

quality love yer way o thinking lol

Invisible
14-Jan-10, 22:53
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/rjmacgregor/100_0906.jpg

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/rjmacgregor/100_0905.jpg

beard grown a bit again.

ShelleyCowie