PDA

View Full Version : Young male dog

mop top
15-Nov-09, 23:12
Hi

Young male dog found in Thurso area on Friday. He is definitely of mixed breed! Reddish colour with white patch on chest, short legged but very stocky looks like labrador x beagle x staffy x ??????????

Very friendly no collar please contact dog warden on 01955 607737 to claim or if you have any info regarding this dog.

cheers

mop top
16-Nov-09, 11:26
Sure someone must know who this dog belongs to he is a really friendly boy who is little more than a pup, cant believe that someone is not missing him.:(

unicorn
16-Nov-09, 12:44
Could you post a picture?

mop top
16-Nov-09, 20:51
Could you post a picture?

Will do my best to try and get a pictured posted tomorrow

cheers

ShelleyCowie
20-Nov-09, 16:33
Any news if this wee dog has been reunited with the owner yet?? :~( I hope it has!

mop top
20-Nov-09, 19:24
Hi

Quick update sadly this dog was not claimed by his owner, but thanks to the power of the org he has been offered a lovely new home with a super family who lost one of their dogs a few weeks ago and whose other dog has been pining.

So another happy ending :Razz

ShelleyCowie
20-Nov-09, 19:41
Hi

Quick update sadly this dog was not claimed by his owner, but thanks to the power of the org he has been offered a lovely new home with a super family who lost one of their dogs a few weeks ago and whose other dog has been pining.

Glad it was a happy ending but still sad how owners do not come forward for these dogs.

Do they just not notice them missing or not want them?! :~(

Foxy
21-Nov-09, 01:17
Glad it was a happy ending but still sad how owners do not come forward for these dogs.

Do they just not notice them missing or not want them?! :~(

Shelley i saw the dog and it was lovely and no way could anyone not miss him. The sad fact is some people get fed up with a puppy and instead of doing the decent thing of handing them over for rehoming, they just dump them hoping somebody will come along and look after the poor bewildered dog who usually has done nothing wrong. :(
There are some horrible people in this world. :mad:

Fran
21-Nov-09, 03:16
Hi

Young male dog found in Thurso area on Friday. He is definitely of mixed breed! Reddish colour with white patch on chest, short legged but very stocky looks like labrador x beagle x staffy x ??????????

Very friendly no collar please contact dog warden on 01955 607737 to claim or if you have any info regarding this dog.

cheers

I have seen him cuddled up with his foster mother, what a beautiful doggie he is, I'm sure i have seen him walking with 2 young girls in wick.
I know he will get a good home no bother, he has a wonderful nature, so gentle, loves humans and other dogs. He is gorgeous.

evelyn
21-Nov-09, 11:47
He is a lucky boy. He is going to a lovely family who are responsible, caring dog owners.
I can't wait to see him.
evelyn

BINBOB
21-Nov-09, 17:01
Hi

And another good job done by urself too.;)

unicorn
21-Nov-09, 18:05
Are any owners ever traced and prosecuted for abandonment of their animals. Surely if pictures were posted on the org of these poor souls someone would be able to lead you in the right direction. I for one would grass them up in a second if I recognised the dog.

Liz
21-Nov-09, 19:37
Like the others I am saddened and angry that no owner has come forward.[evil]

So glad though that he has got the loving home he deserves.

Well done Mop Top. You do a great job! The dogs of Caithness are lucky to have you helping them.:D

carasmam
21-Nov-09, 20:16
Like the others I am saddened and angry that no owner has come forward.[evil]

So glad that though that he has got the loving home he deserves.

Well done Mop Top. You do a great job! The dogs of Caithness are lucky to have you helping them.:D

Liz said it all, totally agree.
Unicorn, I would grass too if it would lead to prosecution for abandoning a pet.

dragonfly
21-Nov-09, 20:28
me 3!! makes my blood boil how animals are seen as a throw away commodity

mop top
22-Nov-09, 20:53
There is nothing that would make me more satisfied than seeing the lowlife that simply abandon their pets being prosecuted for their actions. Unfortunately i just have to deal with what they have discarded and do my best to make sure that these strays are luckier next time round by securing them in homes with decent people who love and respect them as part of the family. I have no powers to prosecute for abandonment, just have to try and pick up the pieces when it happens[evil]

cuddlepop
23-Nov-09, 13:17
me 3!! makes my blood boil how animals are seen as a throw away commodity

Me 4 its just beggers believe that someone could just abandon a once much wanted pet to the elements.:mad:

who's to say they wont do it again.:~(

Luckily this time it was a happy ending,well done Moptop.:D